PDA

View Full Version : Vtir Clutch

desi_vtec
16-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Hi guys

my integra has a heavy duty clutch, the other day i was having a bit of fun with the car (thrashing lol) and in 4th gear i pushed the accelerator down hard before letting go of the clutch(i have size 13 feet and somtimes cant move my foot of the clutch fast enough), and after that smelt the burning smell of the clutch. What i have seen it that its harder to take off now, does that mean my clutch is almost screwed. I reverse out of my garage with out accelerating but now see that the car moves, but a lot slower. I also tried taking of from stand still in 3rd gear and 2nd gear and it takes of fine, also i tired putting the hand break up and releasing the clutch and the friction point is still low (almost as soon as the clutch pedal is starting to release) but i might say not as strong. So would u say the clutch is fine and just that I've ruined it a bit??:confused:

Zilli
16-08-2007, 09:09 PM
get back out there and thrash it some more mate. Sometimes when you have caused the clutch to slip, as you did when you over-revved and popped the clutch, the slipping action ill glaze the friction surface. Get out there and trash it some more and itll sort otself out eventually...

Im obviously not condoning reckless driving on the street....