PDA

View Full Version : Disco-d's Sad story of the lil Civic that wont Move!!!!

Disco-d
22-07-2004, 02:33 PM
OK ive got a bit of a problem...

now i was driving my old car home a magna and i had to get my friend to drive my 88 civic i live in the hills of adelaide so theres a big hill to go up. Ok so while i was going up the hill my friend wasnt behind me nemore and other cars were up my ass....i was like WTF!!!! where my baby gone....

So i turn the magna around and see that he has stoped in the middle of the hill..
blah blah....

i find out that the car will not go into gear the moter is fine but when your in gear it wont move.

now i was thinking it was the clutch and it burnt out......but when the engine is on u still need to put the clutch down to put it in gear or else it crunthces......sooooooo

thats about all i can tell yas.......WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE PROBLEM b4 i bring it to the mechanic.........

Crying Disco D :cry:

SiR JDM
22-07-2004, 08:32 PM
but when the engine is on u still need to put the clutch down to put it in gear or else it crunthces......

That is quite normal .. its the reason we have a clutch in manual cars...

Did you mean with the engine off it still crunches?

I think u may need to provide more information on the situation..

Disco-d
22-07-2004, 09:16 PM
umm ok...let see.....

nah sorry i meant to say when the engine is on it doesnt go into gear, unless u put the clutch down as normal.

When the engine is off is goes into gear.....again normal....its jsut not moving.

i rang a few places 2day, they say its the clutch or the gear box.

thanx neways ppl[/quote]

Weq
22-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Have u checked ur [acronym:11a3b8fa6c="Constant Velocity"]CV[/acronym:11a3b8fa6c] joints? Can u watch the driveaxle's while trying to accelerate? DO they turn? Can u start the car in gear?

Disco-d
23-07-2004, 10:59 AM
ok havnt checked the drive axel, or the cv joints....but yeah i can start the car in gear with out it hopping...

Weq
23-07-2004, 01:40 PM
same thing happened with my mum's atuo tranny. it was ****ed. Id be inclined to beleive that its not possible for this to happen with a manual tranny though! As u said u can gear gear cruncing noises, i rekon it could be a [acronym:5896c66434="Constant Velocity"]CV[/acronym:5896c66434] joint!