PDA

View Full Version : Best intake for s2k

Perry
17-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi guys,

I know could be a long shot since I cant find much info on these particular intakes I'm planning to buy. If anyone has info's please post them up. prefer dyno figures to compare.

Mugen
J-racing
Injen
Comp Tech - Fly had 1 on hes old s2k b4 but it looks restrictive

Thanks
Perry

genkimashi
17-08-2007, 10:18 AM
j's racing is the way to go...

Perry
17-08-2007, 10:26 AM
j's racing is the way to go...

any info to back up your statement :) keep in mind i heard j-racing and mugen intakes you need to get a aftermarket bonnet to clear the intakes or cut the original 1 which I dont want too.

tRipitaka
17-08-2007, 10:42 AM
any info to back up your statement :) keep in mind i heard j-racing and mugen intakes you need to get a aftermarket bonnet to clear the intakes or cut the original 1 which I dont want too.

then get an aftermarket bonnet ;)

Perry
17-08-2007, 10:45 AM
I heard the aftermarket bonnets are heavier than the stock one I could be wrong

chicken8
17-08-2007, 10:51 AM
just take your air box cover off

for the price you pay for those intakes. you get max 4hp gain

and for what price

$200 per hp??

ROLLED
17-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Try and get a spoon snorkel or replica version(Muz), it will stop heat soak in summer which is a huge advantage :)

CRXONE
17-08-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey dudes I heard the Injen CAI kicks ass.

All i want is the hottest/loudest sounding air intake available!!!! :p:p:p

WhiteAP1
17-08-2007, 02:20 PM
I heard the aftermarket bonnets are heavier than the stock one I could be wrong

First , covered a MILLION times

Second fake carbon fibre bonets are heavier than stock, real CF hoods can be lighter. So wherever u heard that dont go back there again

Third, the mugen and Js intake only require a tiny little square cut out in the top corner of the hood. Its not as bad as it sounds. There a pics in other threads. search

Fourth covered a MILLION times :)

Just search the intakes ure interested in on s2ki.com and u'll get all ure answers.

.::F[L]Y::.
17-08-2007, 02:42 PM
just take your air box cover off

for the price you pay for those intakes. you get max 4hp gain

and for what price

$200 per hp??

thats what i told perry :p

why spend that much when you cant get ITB's...

perry get a gruppe m intake.

Perry
17-08-2007, 02:56 PM
First , covered a MILLION times

Second fake carbon fibre bonets are heavier than stock, real CF hoods can be lighter. So wherever u heard that dont go back there again

Third, the mugen and Js intake only require a tiny little square cut out in the top corner of the hood. Its not as bad as it sounds. There a pics in other threads. search

Fourth covered a MILLION times :)

Just search the intakes ure interested in on s2ki.com and u'll get all ure answers.

thanks dude

vyets
17-08-2007, 04:57 PM
j's racing ftw =D
i think injen/AEM would be loudest.
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3071/jet073cs0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
and not to mention is supperr sexy!
jdm bling

17-08-2007, 05:15 PM
well i guess if you can sleep well at night knowing you spend 1k+ on a mod that gives you minute gains then go for gold.

justinfox
17-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Injen for the cold air, the power gain + the sound.

ludecrs
17-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Y::.;1300759']well i guess if you can sleep well at night knowing you spend 1k+ on a mod that gives you minute gains then go for gold.

Didn't I just buy a Toda header off you.....? :p

Problem is, with this car..... you HAVE to spend substancially, to get minimal gains in any department...

vyets
17-08-2007, 06:37 PM
S2000 was never a cheap car.
I agree with ludecrs spend alot get little or spend even more little get even more little then that.

18-08-2007, 01:20 AM
Didn't I just buy a Toda header off you.....? :p

Problem is, with this car..... you HAVE to spend substancially, to get minimal gains in any department...

i mean the money could be spent elsewhere. ie catback system or final drive upgrade.

WhiteAP1
20-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Y::.;1300759']well i guess if you can sleep well at night knowing you spend 1k+ on a mod that gives you minute gains then go for gold.

Fair point, and that really applies to most bolt ons. But remeber those times in the summer when the car bogs down so much, that ure mums civic would have a running chance? With the carbon fibre intakes, they may not be absolute power getters but they are power keepers. Instead of the temp sensor going off the dial and deciding its going to retard timming, the CF helps keeps the intake temp down so ure car runs consistently at its optimum. Also even though the mods doesnt light up the dyno, it does improve response and helps rev a little easier.

IMO a pod on the end of a heat sucking metal pipe isnt ideal for our engines. Thats why the standard box is shielded like it is.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 03:25 PM
List out all the parts you want, research on the dyno-proven gains and price that you can get it for. Calculate the dollar/kW and buy the ones with the best bang for your buck first.

Also, $1500 Toda header > $1100 GruppeM/Mugen/XXX intake.

WhiteAP1
20-08-2007, 03:32 PM
:thumbsup:

And if ure looking at bang for buck, forget bolt ons search Final drive.U'll get more from a different Final Drive than I/H/E could give u together. If u want big power, only one way, turbo.

Perry
23-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok guys I know this might not be the best place to find info but from what I come across on s2ki there isnt really any soild info to back up things im after like dyno graphs and stuff. I'm not picky about graphs but just want a indication on how each intake performs.

chicken8
23-08-2007, 02:14 PM
none of them will gain you any significant power

a few will lose power

Perry
23-08-2007, 03:54 PM
any facts to back it up plz

23-08-2007, 05:50 PM
plenty of threads on s2ki.com reffering to intakes man. ur just lazy haha

WhiteAP1
23-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Ure looking in the "Under the hood" section right?? The decent posts will be in the last few pages,they were pretty much covered as the product was released.

If ure dead set on getting an intake, just make sure u get something shielded, dont go near the ARC box and dont break ure bank. The rest is up to u.

eriktufa
24-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Jenvey ITB, or ASM Air Intake

del501
08-07-2008, 03:09 AM
any of you fellars here have injen?? was considering the injen

AusS2000
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM
Y::.;1300569']why spend that much when you cant get ITB's...

ITBs cost a lot more than that. Have to factor in the ECU.

ludecrs
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
and tuning expenses.

kongfu
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Js racing and Gruppe M got my votes.

09-07-2008, 09:21 PM
kongfu, do you even own an S2000? you come into threads and post random comments about big branded parts. Your information seems like something you picked out of a catalogue.

I have owned 2 S2000's. Tested numerous intakes and can safely tell you that there arnt many gains on getting an aftermarket intake even the big brand name parts. Only benefits of an intake (if u call them benefits) are the sound at WOT and reduced weight. From all the intakes i have tried out the injen/AEM CAI provide good response and power as well as sound.

aaronng
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Kongfu, the section that I removed would even piss me off if it was directed at me. That was why I removed it. Be polite.

kongfu
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Y::.;1800293']kongfu, do you even own an S2000? you come into threads and post random comments about big branded parts. Your information seems like something you picked out of a catalogue.

I have owned 2 S2000's. Tested numerous intakes and can safely tell you that there arnt many gains on getting an aftermarket intake even the big brand name parts. Only benefits of an intake (if u call them benefits) are the sound at WOT and reduced weight. From all the intakes i have tried out the injen/AEM CAI provide good response and power as well as sound.

Hi dear FLY

Aarrong infracted me for being not polite I didnt see the point here and I was just quote what you asked. No offence bro.

I respect you as being an S2K owner. So what?I dont have right to post?I frequently swap my car with my s2k mate and I drive S2K frequently as well. I have tried setup and I posted my comment. You guys seem like its your own area and no one else could post and comment?Dont you think you are selfish and too arrogant?

I never met ppl on the forum like you guys include moderators on ozhonda.
Totally no respect towards each other. You owned two s2k, so what?what do you wanna prove?You've tried every single parts?I assume you are not because you were running copied Mugen intake for your s2k.

Forum is for ppl sharing ideas and experiences. If you think its your area and no other ppl could sharing experience and thoughts Im happy to make my way to leave.:thumbdwn:

ludecrs
09-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Thread Closed.

Kongfu, I have warned you in the past week via PM.

This sub-forum isn't a "S2K only meet", I welcome others input, and have done in the past from other repsected members of OH, however when providing information about a topic such as this one, please provide relevant information rather than just saying "I'd only use XXXX."

Last. Warning.