PDA

View Full Version : Engine light problem

ayd76
17-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Engine light doesnt go on what so ever, checked the light bulb for the engine light and its perfectly working. What is wrong, can someone help

im pretty sure when the car starts up it should at least go on for a couple of second then turn off, mine doesnt do this, could it be the wiring?

dupac->
17-08-2007, 05:00 PM
erms.
what car?

ayd76
17-08-2007, 05:05 PM
civic ek1 with b16a conversion

dupac->
17-08-2007, 05:07 PM
dunno change the bulb anyways.

if still not working then have a look at the wiring.

XB-16-AX
17-08-2007, 05:16 PM
EK ..hmm

if u have done a OBD2 to OBD1 conversion and u are using a P30 ECU check the below;

A13 GRN/ORN MIL MIL (check engine light) <-- check this wire and see if its hooked up to the cluster.

or..........

if your B16A is for OBD2 and your using the OBD2 ecu then check the below;

PIN #18 - MIL/CEL - green/orange <-- check this to make sure its wired up to the cluster.

if u get stuck, here is a good info website for know it all!!!

http://www.ff-squad.com/technet/

rep it up holmes!!! :)

TRUMAN
17-08-2007, 05:43 PM
check to see if there is anything leaking onto the sensors..

XB-16-AX
17-08-2007, 07:04 PM
check to see if there is anything leaking onto the sensors..

sensors? there are no sensors for the CEL/MIL light.

from the ECU there is only a single wire that goes to the cluster CEL/MIL - engine light cluster.

there are many sensors which would be IACV,temp,O2,knock,vtec,oil, etc these would be some of the sensors and this will not affect the engine light not to turn on, but will affect engine performance/drivability.

as i mentioned above, try and locate those pin/wires from the ECU, and if you want get a light tester or similar and place the + positive of the light tester and connect this to the CEL/MIL wire from the ECU and the - ground of the light tester to ground.

if the light comes on then off on ignition, then you know that your ECU is sending power/signal to the cluster engine light. at least you know the ECU works with the CEL/MIL wire but then you will need to check Continuity from the ECU to the cluster.

now if this test doesnt turn on your light, then you will need to check what type of ECU you have, as some ECU's with programmable chips, can disable the CEL/MIL light. (stupid thing to do)

hope this helps champ! :rolleyes::beer:

ECU-MAN
18-08-2007, 11:45 AM
is your ecu stock ??

you may of not wired up a sensor that the ecu is looking for

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113

make sure your SCS connector is wired right

Phuong1987
18-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Damn i got the same problem as well and i got a stock ecu

Phuong1987
18-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Try turning your key to the on position just before the cranking position all your indicator lights on the dash should light up. Then see if the CEL is lit up.

I don't think so, soon as you switch to ACC it should turn on then turn off

ayd76
18-08-2007, 10:24 PM
i have a stock ecu and checked the ecu with the light tester and it didnt work, so what can be the problem.

thanks for the replies

civic88
18-08-2007, 10:52 PM
hmmm... sounds lyk u got a short sumwhere ayd

ECU-MAN
18-08-2007, 11:41 PM
i have a stock ecu and checked the ecu with the light tester and it didnt work, so what can be the problem.

thanks for the replies

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1175675#post1175675

you could have miswired the ECU to cause a solid CEL, or the ECU could be faulty or have the wrong rom in it.

XB-16-AX
23-08-2007, 12:20 AM
as i mentioned in the first page, you could possible have a chip/rom installed in it ... so this CEL could be disabled or shorted for that matter.

best bet would be take ur car to a honda dealer and get to do an ECU diagnostic test, this will show if the ECU is "stock ECU" or chipped or even shorted etc.

i think they charge like 80+ for this simple test but if ur that concerned, best to get it done!

good luck champ!

let us know how u went!