PDA

View Full Version : Price Accord Euro rear bumper

tiggie
17-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi guys, I recently just rear ended a Euro (not my fault, she suddenly broke and i coudnt brake in time, in the rain.) . the rear bumper has minor damage. no dents but grazing to the next layer of paint. she quoted me $580, is this price about right? you guys are pros on euros right. Im not sure if that $580 is for a new paint job or a brand new bumper so i need the price of

1. a euro rear bumper
2. paint job on a rear bumper

thank you guys... any response is good. thanks

EuroAccord13
17-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi!
When you rear end a car, it's always most likely your fault by law because you are not keeping a safe distance from the car in front of you unless she admits otherwise..

As for the price, $580 should include respray..

Whereabouts are you?

If you are in Melbourne, speak to Lawrence (Panda[CRX]) from Travis Honda
If you are in Sydney, speak to destrukshn....

Entity
17-08-2007, 05:48 PM
how hard did u hit her? $580 sounds like ur getting off pretty easy

if you hit her hard enough there is a possibility that you damaged her rear enforcement bar which if its the case will need to be cut off and have a new one welded back on... aswell as the entire rear bar replaced

rear ending a euro hard enough will cost u over $1000... cars these days are made soft.

tony1234
17-08-2007, 06:01 PM
how hard did u hit her? $580 sounds like ur getting off pretty easy

if you hit her hard enough there is a possibility that you damaged her rear enforcement bar which if its the case will need to be cut off and have a new one welded back on... aswell as the entire rear bar replaced

rear ending a euro hard enough will cost u over $1000... cars these days are made soft.
I agree.$580 sounds quite reasonable.

tiggie
17-08-2007, 06:02 PM
hey, I dont think i hit her that hard. Like it was that minor that she said, maybe we wont claim it, and let you go (but she called today). But it was a hard enough to crack a bit of my bumper and broke my right headlight glass. so slightly hard.

$580 sounds like ur getting off pretty easy
thanks for that, i just wanted to know if i was getting ripped off.

thanks for your help guys!

anyways, the whole story of the accident was. there was two lanes for turning right, i was in the other lane behide two cars. A ford falcon wagan and the honda euro. The ford falcon turns after the turn, spun out a did a 270 degree turn, which then the euro slammed the brakes, by then i broke, and hit. falcon sped off, and im left to pay up the damages. my story of shit happens.

take_no_prisoners
23-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmm, damaged my bumper today. It's got ~4cm verticle gash, the sad thing is the damage is so small but the bumper is one peice. I'm not sure whether to claim it, I mean ~$600 for such a small thing. Chances are this isn't going to be the first time, so I'll probably have to deal with the minor cosmetic issues and leave it as is..

EUR003act
23-08-2007, 10:34 PM
tiggie if i were you i wouldnt use insurance to pay, excess and premium will be double what u'd pay anywya, plus u'll lose any chance of a noclaim bonus when ur older (or if your old - now) lol

and yes $580 is good... my parents mazda6 got hit in a situation very similar to yours, cost the poor girl that hit them $1400... (new bumber and respray)

^__^ SM ^__^
25-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Hmm, damaged my bumper today. It's got ~4cm verticle gash, the sad thing is the damage is so small but the bumper is one peice. I'm not sure whether to claim it, I mean ~$600 for such a small thing. Chances are this isn't going to be the first time, so I'll probably have to deal with the minor cosmetic issues and leave it as is..

Actually you can get it repaired for $300 including full respray. I had more damage than that when I backed into a low pole. Pm me for details if you're interested.

tron07
27-08-2007, 09:27 AM
you hit you pay... you should follow at least 3 seconds behind the car (more in the wet), so you have sufficient time to brake. Hate those vehicles without brake lights... scare the shit out of you when they brake and you are still going not knowing they are braking.