PDA

View Full Version : What upgrades can i do on an automatic??

Miz_II_Die_IV
18-08-2007, 03:05 AM
Hi Guys,
I just bought a 2006 Euro LUX. Im a chick and i drive my car daily. I was wondering what mods i can do on my car... besides the the Hondata ECU upgrade(god knows when it is going to be released)... I know if it was manual i would be able to do alot but its an automatic.... But if anyone can help me? If you could tell me the cost also what kind of power gain will i get?

Also i have just put 20" on my car and now am wanting to lower it. I also wanted to put a bodykit on it but am not quite sure yet.which one shuld go first. ATM its stock tho it looks ok... It was either i Lower it now how it is...Possibly with coilovers...or i go for a bodykit... Ive been told if i am going to get a bodykit i shouldnt lower it till i get that done....Also say i didnt get a bodykit how low should i go, front n back?

Thanks guys for ya help....

T.T

killua888
18-08-2007, 03:21 AM
hey, if your going to put 20's on your car, your pretty much going for the VIP look, you might as well spend your money doing visual/sound( i noticed u were asking about the dvd player in another thread) mods rather than power mods.

however, if you really do want power. you could do your headers, intakes and exhaust then wait for the hondata package to come out. then you'd just hope it'd be compatible. but like i said above IMO if you already stuck 20's on your euro just VIP it out and cruise in style.

Miz_II_Die_IV
18-08-2007, 03:23 AM
oh i want abit of both? any suggestions? arent you up so late?

killua888
18-08-2007, 03:29 AM
hahhaha, i was just about to sleep and decided to refresh and log out. but seeing as you posted, what the heck:p

hmmmm, i haven't really modded my car atm(only done the intake) so i'm not 100% sure. It really depends on how much your willing to spend. from the looks of it most people on the forum tend to do intake, exhaust, headers and pulleys for power on the euro.

are you after any handling modifications? or just power + looks?

Miz_II_Die_IV
18-08-2007, 03:38 AM
just power and looks....hahah did i keep you up? I wont be doing any tracks (ofcourse).... oh... all those things possible on a automatic and will in make as much difference compared to a manual?

killua888
18-08-2007, 03:49 AM
well imo, the euro is a highly tuned 4 cylinder engine and every bit of weight counts. if your going to do mods like sound systems, have 20" rims, dvd players etc etc, all that weight will add up. even if you did the power mods, the weight would cancel out alot of the power gains.

as for the auto vs manual with mods, we'll have to leave to other forum members but stock the manual is already 1.5~2 seconds ahead of the auto interms of 0-100kmph.

also, just out of curiosity, did you make sure to check the offset of your rims when you bought them? cause those can affect the euros performance and safety drastically.

tony1234
18-08-2007, 09:38 AM
well imo, the euro is a highly tuned 4 cylinder engine and every bit of weight counts. if your going to do mods like sound systems, have 20" rims, dvd players etc etc, all that weight will add up. even if you did the power mods, the weight would cancel out alot of the power gains.

as for the auto vs manual with mods, we'll have to leave to other forum members but stock the manual is already 1.5~2 seconds ahead of the auto interms of 0-100kmph.

also, just out of curiosity, did you make sure to check the offset of your rims when you bought them? cause those can affect the euros performance and safety drastically.
Pretty much what killua88 said.I've stuck with aftermarket 17s on mine because i want performance(waiting.... and waiting for Hondata/JTUNE).I'd do suspension 1st.Either coilovers or upgrade shocks springs.Best bang for buck mod is Whiteline RSB $180.00+fitting.BTW we're having a Euro meet Fri.24th Aug.look in upcoming events for details.This would be a good opportunity for you to check out various mods we've got and see which would suit you.EG.I've upgraded my springs and shocks others have coilovers.

yfin
18-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I think handling mods are the way to go for the euro - thicker sway bar, adjustable coils or stiffer suspension, cusco bracing top and bottom. In that state the car can punch way above its weight around corners and compares to many more sporting focused vehicles.

You can definately increase the power but you need to be prepared to spend quite a bit of money to make the gains worth the expense. The gains are as not as much as you think unless you go all out with intake, header, exhaust AND tune. You need to go all out to see big improvements.

EuroDude
18-08-2007, 04:11 PM
You should have gotten the manual if you are focused on performance.

Its going to be expensive getting the Auto's 8.9sec performance to reach the Manual's 7.7sec.

If you sell that Auto Euro and buy an identical Manual one, you wont loose any money since the MT is cheaper. You might even make a bit of money :p

You could get the Lip Kit instead of a full body kit replacement, but you may wanna avoid that if you are going to drastically lower it, since the stock body is already quite low. Remember to get a Camber kit so you dont go through tyres every 6 months:p Grab a mugen Grill while you are at it.

You dont need to go hard on the handling mods since the car is already a good handler, its virtually the same as a WRX in terms of lateral G-Force

yourfather
18-08-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah cuz WRX are the best handling car of all time

pfft

yfin
18-08-2007, 04:43 PM
YRemember to get a Camber kit so you dont go through tyres every 6 months:p

I was running quite a bit of camber and saw no difference in tyre wear over 15,000kms. Car was lowered 3cm. Reducing the negative camber would only make the car handle worse.

The stock car has way too much roll so upgrading the suspension makes a huge difference.

BusterSonic12
19-08-2007, 12:06 AM
"What upgrades can i do on an automatic??"

to answer your question. to what i know.
only thing you can't do to an auto compare to manual, are flywheels, clutch etc. apart from these everything else is the same. But you will expected to spend more since there are great power lost in the tranny.

Some bolt on mods u should consider, since they are the easier to do. stuff like intake, headers, exhaust then ECU tuning. By the sounds of things, u wanna go towards the VIP style :D

I would suggest u to look into mugen or kenstyle bodykit. Also for intake, go for k&n or injen intake. But my advise is to get bodykit first, so u will know how much room left for u to drop, because just the kit itself will make the car quite low already i believe :thumbsup:

chunky
19-08-2007, 12:12 AM
have u considered a manual conversion?

BusterSonic12
19-08-2007, 12:15 AM

i believe it is cheaper to sell off the euro and get a new one.

actually i wanna know about this too ahahaha what do u exactly need to do this conversion? because i do wanna ask honda for a price for the stuff u need. anyone know?

gReY-oNe
19-08-2007, 12:19 AM

i was gonna say the same :D

i believe it is cheaper to sell off the euro and get a new one.
actually i wanna know about this too ahahaha what do u exactly need to do this conversion? because i do wanna ask honda for a price for the stuff u need. anyone know?

expensive
just sell off and buy manual one

your gonna need just off teh top of my head.... pedel set, ecu, gear box, centre console, manual clustern fly, wheel clutch and a run around LOL

EuroDude
19-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Yep its not worth converting the car to a manual. Its too much hassle and expensive.

Sell it and buy a 6MT ftw

EUR003act
20-08-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah cuz WRX are the best handling car of all time

pfft

here here...
euro will smash WRX anyday :p

panda[cRx]
20-08-2007, 01:01 PM
depends on how much money u wanna spend.... turbo is always an option.

while i cant remember ever seeing any boosted euro/tsx i have seen a couple of boosted RB1 odysseys (current shape) and they are based on the k24a as well.

the cheapest option you would have for increasing your peformance atm would be selling the 20" chromies and getting something more practical

sodaz
20-08-2007, 07:13 PM
The auto needs quite a few expensive mods to match the manual in acceleration due to loss of power in the transmission and tall gearing. To drop the 0-100km/h time down by 1-1.2 seconds, you'll probably need around 10-15kw extra at the wheels. The luxury version is also more heavy to start with (about 65kg).

From my experience, a few simple mods like a rear sway bar and intake (e.g comptech icebox) can make a dramatic difference without breaking the bank.