PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player in my Euro?

Miz_II_Die_IV
18-08-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has installed a aftemarket DVD player into a Euro....
I was wanting to get it, but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to put it. I definately want one in front and thats not on the sun visor... Ive seen people put aftermarket decks into the bottom compartment of the euro, tho how would the motorised dcreen come out if the gearknob is there.... I've got a Automatic.... please help

T.T

tony1234
18-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone has installed a aftemarket DVD player into a Euro....
I was wanting to get it, but there doesnt seem to be anywhere to put it. I definately want one in front and thats not on the sun visor... Ive seen people put aftermarket decks into the bottom compartment of the euro, tho how would the motorised dcreen come out if the gearknob is there.... I've got a Automatic.... please help
T.T
The bottom centre compartment is really the only place you could put it.I've modded my car sound with upgraded speakers,amps,sub,Dynamat etc.If you're in Sydney i can give you details of the guys that did mine if you're int.They do aftermarket DVD and GPS installs among other things.

BraXta
18-08-2007, 09:55 AM
yeh i was lookin at gettin a new stereo deck for my euro too...

but that damn panel with the A/C and radio stuffs up my chances...

but ive seen this advert in my Wheels magazine that alpine have some hud changing thingy ...

Vehiclehub Pro (http://www.alpine.com.au/technology/vehiclehubpro.asp)

Thats the thing ive been lookin at anyone ever heard of it or seen it used?

tony1234
18-08-2007, 10:05 AM
yeh i was lookin at gettin a new stereo deck for my euro too...

but that damn panel with the A/C and radio stuffs up my chances...

but ive seen this advert in my Wheels magazine that alpine have some hud changing thingy ...

Vehiclehub Pro (http://www.alpine.com.au/technology/vehiclehubpro.asp)

Thats the thing ive been lookin at anyone ever heard of it or seen it used?
The guys that did my car sound upgrade have done factory HU upgrades using this setup for dealers customer cars.

Miz_II_Die_IV
18-08-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, I was wondering if i can put the Pioneer DVD/TV player... hmmm it think it was the AVH-P5950... or simlilar... Its a 7" Screen. Would that affect the gearknob. Its motorised.... Will I have any problems with it.... I was also thinking of the Sat NAV...and getting the multimedia coverter sot that i an you DVD on the Sat Nav Screen. Will it be as good as the Pioneer. Also, I see that original decks usually are very picky with the disc your allowed to use... Whereas the pioneer i know wont. Any suggestions...

tony1234
18-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Well, I was wondering if i can put the Pioneer DVD/TV player... hmmm it think it was the AVH-P5950... or simlilar... Its a 7" Screen. Would that affect the gearknob. Its motorised.... Will I have any problems with it.... I was also thinking of the Sat NAV...and getting the multimedia coverter sot that i an you DVD on the Sat Nav Screen. Will it be as good as the Pioneer. Also, I see that original decks usually are very picky with the disc your allowed to use... Whereas the pioneer i know wont. Any suggestions...
I think you'll have to get a "fixed"screen and install it in the lower centre compartment.I can't see any other way of doing it.

Euro1011
19-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think you should have any problems installing a 7" dvd player in the bottom compartment. My car's a manual and I've got the Alpine IVA-W200E installed (motorised) at the bottom with no problems even when changing the viewing angle of the monitor. So I'd say the 7" unit should fit nicely. Talk to your installer if you're unsure.

johnprocter
20-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think you should have any problems installing a 7" dvd player in the bottom compartment. My car's a manual and I've got the Alpine IVA-W200E installed (motorised) at the bottom with no problems even when changing the viewing angle of the monitor. So I'd say the 7" unit should fit nicely. Talk to your installer if you're unsure.

Do you have any photos mate? I just want to know how it fits in in the compartment and which head unit fascia you used.. thanks

Euro1011
20-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Do you have any photos mate? I just want to know how it fits in in the compartment and which head unit fascia you used.. thanks

Apparently you can use the Single DIN Stinger Fascia but some modification to it is required. There is also another type of fascia (there's a thread on it somewhere) u can use. My had a custom fascia which is just plastic with vinyl stuck on it. The audio installer said by using the flexible plastic the custom facia would have the curve shape as the original compartment lid shad. Due to warm weather, this plastic is out of shape so I recommend you ask your installer either use the Stinger fascia or maybe try fibreglass.
sorry mate no photo atm but I'll try to take it.

johnprocter
20-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Is there anyway i could fit a single din DVD player with a motorised screen in this fascia? http://www.ryda.com.au/photos/BKHONK823H-2.jpg
anyone had any experience? thanks..

Miz_II_Die_IV
21-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Where did you get that from?

tony1234
22-08-2007, 07:35 AM
Where did you get that from?
Try this link.http://www.ryda.com.au/Car-Audio-Car-Stereo-Facias-s/182.htm

Pumped
22-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Is there anyway i could fit a single din DVD player with a motorised screen in this fascia? http://www.ryda.com.au/photos/BKHONK823H-2.jpg
anyone had any experience? thanks..

Your only issue is going to be the screen possibly hitting or at least covering the Air con Controls

tron07
22-08-2007, 01:04 PM
You can get a stinger kit, or the Ryda one mention above.... fit in a 1 din dvd screen with player in there.

I think it should clear the gear stick. or get a fixed screen LCD and mod it to mount to the center console area. Fiber glassing will do the job.

You can also do a roof mounted drop down LCD screen if you want, fit it on the sun visor, etc....

When you have money, there is nothing stoping you from doing anything you want.

TEMPTN
22-08-2007, 11:22 PM
u can fit a single din tv , but the gear knob shorter

hip
23-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Might want to take a look at this outfit, not sure how much it would cost to ship to Australia?

Just missed a group buy over at this forum:

TVandNav2Go's Navi to Video Conversion (http://www.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=364853)

23-08-2007, 11:28 AM
i have fitted a single din dvd unit in my bottom
compartment.... unit doesn't hit the anything on the way out and in (i have a auto) using the facia above posted by "johnprocter"

i'll post pic's if anyones interested

Pumped
23-08-2007, 11:32 AM
id like to see it :)

johnprocter
23-08-2007, 07:12 PM
me too please

LXRY
23-08-2007, 07:18 PM
i at first wanted a dvd player fitted in that compartment but that damn that transmission lever.....not sorry though cause i love that compartment, thats where I store all my discs (music). Ended up installing dvd and screens in the head rests instead for the kids.

Eurtopia
23-08-2007, 07:42 PM
I just bought myself a 7" TV/DVD/Divx player and installed it into the lower center console last weekend. I've got a manual and the gear knob doesn't get in the way. I haven't yet finished the installation yet. What I've done so far is removed the center glove compartment and placed the 7" Double DIN TV deck in that hole and mounted it with brackets which costed me $1.50 from the hardware so it doesn't move. It currently looks abit dodgy because I didn't want to spend $60 and then having to mod it and also it won't fit my Double DIN deck. Also I didn't want to buy the stinger kit which replaces the top deck and dual temp control too, because I would lose the dual temp function and it around $200 for a kit (similar price to what i've paid for the TV ;) ). Well...atm i'm thinking of maybe carpeting the gap around the TV to make it look nicer..unless someone else has a better idea :)

Miz_II_Die_IV
24-08-2007, 12:52 AM
piks plz... im still confused

Eurtopia
24-08-2007, 05:26 PM
piks plz... im still confused

Sorry about the bad quality photo. Don't have a camera with me so I just used my PDA.

Well it's not too great if you want to drive and watch movies. That's why I'm going to get some music videos or something like Top Gear to watch so I don't need to stare at the screen too much ;)

Just remember it's not completed (notice the gaps around the deck), and also you can't see the dodgy installation at night :p

Miz_II_Die_IV
24-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey where can i get those facials... from australia... also how much do they cost?

Eurtopia
25-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey where can i get those facials... from australia... also how much do they cost?

Best Kits Honda Euro Facia Dash Kit 03-04
http://www.ryda.com.au//photos/BKHONK823H-2T.jpg
http://www.ryda.com.au/Best-Kits-Honda-Euro-Facia-Dash-Kit-03-04-p/bkhonk823h.htm
These should cost around $60 from JB Hi-Fi

Aerpro Accord Euro Full Dash Facia Kit
http://www.ryda.com.au//photos/FP997864-2T.jpg
http://www.ryda.com.au/Aerpro-Accord-Euro-Full-Dash-Facia-Kit-p/fp997864.htm
I have seen these around for $200, but sorry i don't remember where. Also I don't like it because you will lose your dual temp control.

johnprocter
25-08-2007, 11:53 AM
for the Best Kits Honda Euro Facia Dash Kit 03-04 how would i install the DVD player (single din with machine lcd screen) in the bottom hole not top one?

KUCING
28-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Here's what I did long time ago: (See pics.. tv in and out)

I put the tv on the lower deck coz if you put on top the screen will hit the center console (top) when opened.

the only problem is that you have to put the gear to Neutral (N) if you want to open the screen.

johnprocter
28-08-2007, 06:19 PM
thanks for the pics is that a 7inch screen?

KUCING
29-08-2007, 06:49 PM
thanks for the pics is that a 7inch screen?

yes it's 7 inch widescreen Kenwood with touch-screen menus

johnprocter
29-08-2007, 08:40 PM
so you installed it on the top bit of the fascia and it didnt cause any problems for you?

Lochstar_69
03-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Would the single DIN top mount facia be modifiable to move the Single DIN unit for the bottom and the small compartment on top? i would love to see a facia kit to see if this can be done.
If anyone can help or has some good ideas for a Single DIN pop out, bottom mount in that compartment im all ears.

If not i may have to do some modifications to a Single DIN top mount?
or would i be better buying the honda Double DIN compartment and fitting the Single DIN in that with a compartment on top of it??

SO MANY QUESTIONS haha.

greg6510
04-10-2009, 03:47 AM
the other option is www.connects2.com
Im sure there must be dealers in Australia. I am getting the facia plate for my Accord CU2.

denot
04-10-2009, 08:02 PM
^^^ wow greg! thanks for the link! I was wondering where can I get the facia for CU2!!! thanks mate!

even though i cant find anything for cu2 on dat link... :(

greg6510
04-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Did you check accessiories/facia plates/honda/accord?

Its the same for the Cu2. I have already ordered the plate for my CU2, you just need to tell them when you enquire.

crunkman99
05-10-2009, 12:58 PM
single din dvd players with 7 inch screens wont fit unless its a kenwood, as kenwood can stick out the most. i used to have one but changed to a double din screen alpine, becasue it would always touch the volume knob and it was hard to adjust my ac, and while driving the screen would always vibrate and move hitting the controls.

here is the double din, ill post a pic of the single din a bit later.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x93/crunkman99/SNC00049-1.jpg

Lochstar_69
11-10-2009, 02:23 PM
single din dvd players with 7 inch screens wont fit unless its a kenwood, as kenwood can stick out the most. i used to have one but changed to a double din screen alpine, becasue it would always touch the volume knob and it was hard to adjust my ac, and while driving the screen would always vibrate and move hitting the controls.

here is the double din, ill post a pic of the single din a bit later.
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x93/crunkman99/SNC00049-1.jpg

So which facia is that one? because in the other forums there are gaps down the side but looks like the perfect fit?

crunkman99
11-10-2009, 05:43 PM
its a single din, just cut some bits off so it would fit