PDA

View Full Version : Fuel light work?

Rivic
19-08-2007, 07:37 PM
ive noticed in my dash (92 EH) theres a fuel light but ive never had it come on? ive had the fuel gauge read past empty but never had it run out, do they just come on when your about to run out or is this maybe an electrical problem? the car is an SI but has had a conversion to a B16 weather somewhere along the line it could had caused the problem?..
cheers

panda[cRx]
19-08-2007, 08:29 PM
could be a few things, sometimes the sender units go on older cars..... but seeing as your car has had a swap i'd be lookin at that first.

Kiz_EG6
20-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey man.

As above it could have just worn out or the globe could have blown.
I doubt it has much to do with the conversion, as the car was fuel injected in the first place and it is unlikely that they changed the whole fuel tank or dash for that matter (unless you have an SiR dash in there or something)!!

The light is supposed to just come on as you get low, as you say, so if you have had the needle sitting on empty and it hasn't come on, i would say it is not working.

Simmo2302
20-08-2007, 09:12 PM
have a look at ur manual for the car if u have it.

my fuel light wont come on until i have been on the empty for a lil while.

my manual says when the fuel light comes on, i have approx 7.8 litres left.

(2002 es1 civic)

Jamezy
21-08-2007, 02:20 AM
the light should pop up when you have about 20 to 10km left .. the bulb could have also blowen becuase it hasnt poped on in yonks

Rivic
21-08-2007, 05:34 PM
ok thanx gys will check all the options :)