PDA

View Full Version : Vti-R vs Euro ? =/

r-r-redEuro
19-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi my sisters boyfriend just recently bought a Vti-R coupe, it has an exhaust and a header its also manual.
would it give my euro a go ? or even beat it ? just asking for opinions.

T-onedc2
19-08-2007, 11:02 PM
In my experience the vtir is faster than a manual Euro but not by heaps.

Jegi#5
19-08-2007, 11:08 PM
VTI-R Coupes have 118kw (if it's a series 2, I think the series 1 was only 96kw) and only a 5spd manual? (please correct me if I am wrong) It is heaps lighter though. My guess would be that he beats you off the line but you will run him down after 60km\h, although this depends on what work has been done to his or your car. Just my 2cents.

albii
19-08-2007, 11:10 PM
In my experience the vtir is faster than a manual Euro but not by heaps.

don't think so...manual euro does 7s to 100kmh.

lilwilliam
19-08-2007, 11:12 PM
depends on a driver but i think the Euro should win. However you should not street race. Instead you should take it to WSID ;)

aaronng
19-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Take it to WSID and let us know what happens.

BTW, VTi-R has a power to weight ratio of 9.44 kg/kW, while the Euro is 9.96kg/kW. So power-wise, the Euro has a disadvantage to start with. If the VTI-R has exhaust and headers, its power to weight ratio will be even better (both more power and lighter exhaust). So you will probably lose unless he is a launcher/shifter.

r-r-redEuro
19-08-2007, 11:20 PM
yeah his not that good of a manual driver i think.
because when i drove his car around my block he thought i couldnt drive manual but i proved him wrong and he admitted im better than he is and im just average.
mines an auto..... and yeah the coupe pulls out 118kw so i think it should be about the same kws at the wheels as a euro ? he also said that he has a pair of headers in and that gave him a whooping 15kw gain =/ like err .. okay ?
so thats why im asking you guys.

aaronng
19-08-2007, 11:22 PM
If yours is an auto, then you have no chance on the 1/4 mile. :)

r-r-redEuro
19-08-2007, 11:26 PM
lol. bugger. well what if i said i had maxim works headers and a CAI ? i already got HKS exhaust installed.
would i have a go at him ?
owells btw what is WSID ?

T-onedc2
19-08-2007, 11:37 PM
don't think so...manual euro does 7s to 100kmh.
Sorry just realised you're all talking bout EM1 not DC2, disregard my first post.

kn1ghtm4r3
19-08-2007, 11:50 PM
WSID = Western Sydney International Dragway

you can run ur car down the 1/4 mile =9

dupac->
19-08-2007, 11:52 PM
depends on a driver but i think the Euro should win. However you should not street race. Instead you should take it to WSID ;)

euro should win?
lol dont think so.

euro should lose.

lol. bugger. well what if i said i had maxim works headers and a CAI ? i already got HKS exhaust installed.
would i have a go at him ?
owells btw what is WSID ?

wsid = western sydney international dragway

eastern creek

dupac->
19-08-2007, 11:53 PM
it will be close. give it a go
lol

J-TODA
20-08-2007, 12:05 AM
euro should win?
lol dont think so.

euro should lose.

wsid = western sydney international dragway

eastern creek

HMMMM yes i have been there and done that as well ....at WSID * coughs *

however it was ek4...not em1... and had intake/headers/exhuast....very similar to that of du's car =]

ummm since as u said..the car has onli got headers and exhuast....and since em1s are heavier den ek4s....i reckon ud give him a good run...
take it down to wsid and have a go...however as u mentioned ur car is auto..this will impact the result quite substiantialy as compared to a manual euro....

ps: id like to find out the result of manual vtir vs manual euro at WSID * no cough *...... perhaps in the upcoming weeks...ull see some time slips posted =]

dupac->
20-08-2007, 12:24 AM
yes yes. jack. easier said then done..

we'll just wait for these slips to come out..

ill bring it back to stock and still give yah a go..

its just excuses.. :p

EuroAccord13
20-08-2007, 12:36 AM
It will be close.... Comes down to driver dynamics now....

J-TODA
20-08-2007, 12:38 AM
yes yes. jack. easier said then done..

we'll just wait for these slips to come out..

ill bring it back to stock and still give yah a go..

its just excuses.. :p

LMAO!!! alright ahah ...all good =]
the dedication me and du are putting into answering ozhonda queries...is jst amazing LMAO!!

will be sure to post time slips...evn if i lose =] haha...

dupac->
20-08-2007, 12:48 AM
LMAO!!! alright ahah ...all good =]
the dedication me and du are putting into answering ozhonda queries...is jst amazing LMAO!!

will be sure to post time slips...evn if i lose =] haha...

LOL

yeah man.

driver DYNAMICS..

aaronng
20-08-2007, 01:01 AM
That will make you about even with the manual VTI-R.

tony1234
20-08-2007, 08:27 AM
It will be close.... Comes down to driver dynamics now....
Agreed.Euro is heavier but has more torque,if yours was manual you just might nail him.:zip:

tron07
20-08-2007, 09:06 AM
Euro gets you to your destination in style more comfortable and relaxed compare to a VTIR....

I had a EJ1 before, and it doesnt comes close to a Euro in anyway.....

J-TODA
20-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Euro gets you to your destination in style more comfortable and relaxed compare to a VTIR....

I had a EJ1 before, and it doesnt comes close to a Euro in anyway.....

keep in mind ... the euro is a new car...and ur paying double ...compared to that of em1...or ek4...

EuroDude
20-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Meh the Euro is an Auto. The VTI-R. would win..

Different story if the Euro was a 6MT.

Dont underestimate the Manual Euro, K24A3 iVTEC Torque spread with a 6speed manual and a short 1st gear pulling 1390kg can go hard especially with a good manual driver

turbo convert
20-08-2007, 09:58 AM
my friend has 06 euro 6mt and i had em1 euro was stock, my em1 h/e and i won quiet easily!:thumbsup:
maybe thaugh cause his car was still quiet new
he was quiet upset:wave:

J-TODA
20-08-2007, 10:02 AM
my friend has 06 euro 6mt and i had em1 euro was stock, my em1 h/e and i won quiet easily!:thumbsup:
maybe thaugh cause his car was still quiet new
he was quiet upset:wave:

easily?? hmmm by how many secs ( or carlengths)?? since u know obviously it was on a 1/4mile strip =]

couldnt have been that much of a gap...

unless ur a realli realli good driver =]

turbo convert
20-08-2007, 10:05 AM
easily?? hmmm by how many secs ( or carlengths)?? since u know obviously it was on a 1/4mile strip =]

couldnt have been that much of a gap...

unless ur a realli realli good driver =]

yes 1/4mile:o
well it was about 2 car lengths
i would say my friend and i are even drivers.:wave: hard to judge!

r-r-redEuro
20-08-2007, 12:45 PM
hmm so if i did have a header and CAI i'd give him a go or even beat him. so speaking of which sorry abit off topic, ive been told that if i add mods to my car i lose my honda warranty is that true ?

turbo convert
20-08-2007, 01:12 PM
hmm so if i did have a header and CAI i'd give him a go or even beat him. so speaking of which sorry abit off topic, ive been told that if i add mods to my car i lose my honda warranty is that true ?

thats y my friend has not modded his car either cause he doesnt want to loose his warrenty.
give him a go why not then mod your car and try again and try again.:wave:

aaronng
20-08-2007, 01:23 PM

Your engine won't be covered by warranty if you hydrolock your engine with the CAI. Having aftermarket headers means that if your cat or O2 sensor fails, they won't cover it under warranty too. But basically they can't blame your mods on a problem that is not related.

r-r-redEuro
20-08-2007, 01:48 PM
i only got a hks exhaust would that make me lose my warranty ? still confused.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 02:19 PM
i only got a hks exhaust would that make me lose my warranty ? still confused.

No it won't void your whole car's warranty. The only warranty it can void is if the rubber part and chassis hanger (which is connected to the muffler's hanger) breaks.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Anyway, search on the previous threads that discuss warranty issues.
Closing this thread since the original discussion is over and we don't allow car x vs car y threads. :)