PDA

View Full Version : inbuilt DVD player for euro tourer?

dejavu66
20-08-2007, 06:08 AM
Heys,
First of all just want to say hello to seniors...:)
Just bought a new euro tourer, saw the DVD logo below the head unit, the guy from the dealer said, it was built in from Japan, but since it is ilegal in Australia to play DVD while you drive they took it out. My question is, do you guys know how much and who can make it work?

CHeers all.

Russ
20-08-2007, 06:28 AM
I wanna to buy tourer as well, how much you pay for? Worth the $$$?

dejavu66
20-08-2007, 06:53 AM
I wanna to buy tourer as well, how much you pay for? Worth the $$$?

Yeah dude, definetely, got it for 37, just 1k diff with standard and you get gps, touch screen unit and a fog lamp, worth a bargain.

aaronng
20-08-2007, 08:46 AM
The DVD player in the centre compartment is for reading the sat nav DVD.

catalg
14-10-2007, 09:39 PM
When I went to the dealer, he told me it could be done, but they couldn't provide the details or the software, because it was ilegal to drive with the video visible to the driver.
However, what he did say was you need to have a "media player" in the Media Card slot, and then the movie in the DVD player.
Thoughts were how this could work, because the O/S on the sat nav would need to be able to read this software, as well as know what to do with it. Then there would need to be buttons like play, stop, foward, etc. I don't see any what so ever, so my thoughts are this is not going to happen.
There might be someone out there that has done it, but good luck.
I do know someone hacked the sat nav software so the disclamer doesn't appear, but just just involves a lot of work.
If anyone finds out, I would be interested though.

15-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah dude, definetely, got it for 37, just 1k diff with standard and you get gps, touch screen unit and a fog lamp, worth a bargain.

and reversing sensors

Lukey13
15-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I haven't been able to find any way to modify the DVD-rom to playback video, however I know of a place where you can get a "plug & play" adapter which provides 2 video inputs to the sat-nav touch screen. You then hook up a DVD player or a Playstation for playback. $335USD - delivered. :thumbsup:

catalg
15-10-2007, 06:46 PM
I haven't been able to find any way to modify the DVD-rom to playback video, however I know of a place where you can get a "plug & play" adapter which provides 2 video inputs to the sat-nav touch screen. You then hook up a DVD player or a Playstation for playback. $335USD - delivered. :thumbsup:

Where is that? Where can you get it from. Do you have a site?

winvin23
16-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Not sure if it'll work as expected, but I might get this car converter sometimes next year..

http://www.carconverters.com.au/products/Signal_Converter/236.html

stephen8512
16-10-2007, 11:23 PM
few TSX owners in the states have hacked into their GPS and turned the GPS screen into a functioning DVD player as well as a GPS

Lukey13
17-10-2007, 06:29 AM
This is the place in the US.

http://www.tvandnav2go.com/acura-tv-navigation.html

However, the Australian link in the above post refers to a product that is cheaper and may be superior. I've been told that the US plug and play requires a DVD player to be set to NTSC.

Is the Australian one above compatible with the Euro? If so, how easy would installation be and where would it actually be placed?

Lukey13
17-10-2007, 06:35 AM
Actually, I just noticed on the website for the US product that they compare theirs to another product in competition. Funnily enough, the picture they show of the comptetition's chipboard is exactly the same as the one sold on the Australian website. Here's what the site quotes about the supposedly "inferior" one:

1) Plastic case (You see engine noise in the picture).

2) Relays (Video jumps air gap and causes cross modulation in the video).

3)1 unit does not work on all cars.

4) You have to take the unit apart to adjust it.

5) What a mess!!! Wires all over waiting to fall off. A kit that someone put together in their basement. This is not a professional product at all.

6) Warranty??? Who knows they never say.

7) Picture quality good at best. With all the wires all over there is a high signal loss which degrades the video.

hongster
20-10-2007, 02:29 PM
from what i understand and have searched ----

the pc card slot is so you can play mp3 etc... heaps of poms
get a 1gb card put it in a adapter and listen to audio of neighbours episode

i just got a tourer also and am looking into tv/dvd for my touch screen.. would be so much easier if it just had spot for video input like xr6's

hongster
20-10-2007, 02:31 PM
check out the new satnav/all in one thing from honda japan----
dam australia and our laws

http://www.honda.co.jp/navi/cr-v/vxh-082mcv/

geekmonkey
21-10-2007, 08:30 AM
from what i understand and have searched ----

i just got a tourer also and am looking into tv/dvd for my touch screen.. would be so much easier if it just had spot for video input like xr6's

is that the pc slot that below the dvd compartment?

Lukey13
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Has anybody looked into either of these two "plug and play" options available for the Euro yet?

I'm keen to get one installed soon...

hongster
07-11-2007, 02:38 PM
yeah me too, ive emailed the dudes in the states , they say they will only garrentee it'll fit it their accords but the box is universal, but would be very cool (until i hit a brick wall)

we'll also need a tuner and dvdplayer, a mates got a dvd player/digi tv tuner in his xr6t so ill see how much he can get them for)

catalg
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM

There are no mods required to do this? Just get a PC card, put some MP3s on it and it will play? Anyone tried this on a Accord Euro?

mmmsxc
02-02-2008, 05:48 PM
hi guys. im getting my euro done soon. im getting 5.8 inch inserted into the headrests and getting my dvd inside the rear arm rest. it is going to be a flash design, with the dvd player sitting inside the arm rest and with the press of a button the dvd player is slowly going to release itself, giving easy access to change dvd's. cant wait.

EUR003act
08-02-2008, 10:53 PM
check out the new satnav/all in one thing from honda japan----
dam australia and our laws

http://www.honda.co.jp/navi/cr-v/vxh-082mcv/

for those who are interested, heres the japanese dvd/naivigation combo.. on sale for USD$900:
http://members.aol.com/midnightm3/ebay/e3.jpg

http://i20.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/cf/92/f40b_1.JPG

http://members.aol.com/midnightm3/ebay/e1.jpg

im not sure whether it plays in english or japanese, i asked the seller, he didnt know, and i dont know what wiring/harness making would be needed... but still, itd be damn sexy!! :D

r-r-redEuro
09-02-2008, 04:43 PM
i think this would be on my list of things to do to the euro.

EUR003act
09-02-2008, 04:44 PM
forgot to mention... the premium sound system has an extra two amplifiers channels to run speakers in the rear doors :D

viper8548
10-02-2008, 12:53 AM
Cool!
Do you know if the aus map dvd will work?
Will there be region lock for dvd videos?
Can this play MP3?
I doubt theres a difference from the aus satnav panel and the dvd-rom drive compared to the jap one, maybe all we need to change is the premium sound system device far right in the photo.

Kev85
16-02-2008, 04:58 PM
There are no mods required to do this? Just get a PC card, put some MP3s on it and it will play? Anyone tried this on a Accord Euro?

^^
Curious to know aswell

r-r-redEuro
18-02-2008, 09:56 PM
has anyone found information about the japanese dvd/naivigation combo ?

If i hook it up to a sound system would i still get engine noise ? or would it act like a headunit ?

Ozyhre9
19-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Hmm. I think try to analysis the circuit and reading the user manual to say how they work, but work or not, it should be professionally guided.
As you said, if the DVD player for car (http://www.espow.com/wholesale-car-electronics-car-dvd.html) can work with your idea, It would be very interesting.