PDA

View Full Version : suspension components

DJIntegr8
25-08-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my 88 integra, but i'm not sure where to find the parts or how much they cost.
Shocks and springs/torsion bars and maybe sway bars later. Tokico blue, Koni Yellow, KYB GR2 for shocks, but i'm not sure of price. King springs; how much?

Any other suggestions?

My budget is up to around $500-600 for both shocks and springs

Calvo
25-08-2003, 10:00 PM
me personally, im gonna go with a set of coilovers, with prob kings on them.
for $500 u should beable to get sumthin. i dont really kno much bout suspension but yeh.

Jnr Teggy
25-08-2003, 10:07 PM
I'm looking at upgrading the suspension on my 88 integra, but i'm not sure where to find the parts or how much they cost.
Shocks and springs/torsion bars and maybe sway bars later. Tokico blue, Koni Yellow, KYB GR2 for shocks, but i'm not sure of price. King springs; how much?

Any other suggestions?

My budget is up to around $500-600 for both shocks and springs

hey mate i have a an 86 integra with a full suspension setup..

have a look in the "track" section for details

wynode
25-08-2003, 10:21 PM
A good set of fully adjustable koni's will set you back around 1K.

Should be able to pick up a bigger rear bar and install it yourself for not too much though.

I got a whiteline kit for the civic and i've posted some info in the Civic/CRX section if you want to have a look.

Insolence
26-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Im currently running king low springs and kyb shocks. Wanted to go coilovers but the money just wasnt there. Probably looking at around $1200 for all the gear, installation, alignment etc.

DJIntegr8
27-08-2003, 07:19 PM
cool, thanks guys, was just getting some ideas of price, and what I have to save up to get something nice.

VTi-RT
05-09-2003, 08:19 PM
If you don't plan to adjust your ride height, get good lowered sports springs (1"-2") for now. Then add some good shocks, you don't need to buy adjustable ones, just ones that work well with your springs.

Keep to the same brand if you can as they'll work best together. Koni's are good and are priced well, pedders are good to, though I don't know if they have sports shocks for most honda's.

toE
06-09-2003, 01:07 AM
but i've heard bad things bout pedders.. das y i never ever look at dem...
but that's just me...i hear and i preach and i follow.. :roll:

Setanta
06-09-2003, 05:50 AM
I don't know that I'd go back to Pedders. Been there once for a complete package and their sports setup sucked big time. Ride height was not what they promised (It'll drop in a week or so my ass) and the handling was poor on rough roads.

Personally, I'm going to take the Koni/Whiteline approach - but when I buy it will be a complete setup - each component designed by one manufacturer/retailer to complement the other parts :) My plans are for height-adjustables, rear sway and camber kit all at once - maybe a custom front sway, but the ball-jointed SiR one seems to do the trick at the moment :)

Calvo
06-09-2003, 09:52 PM
ive heard lots of bad things about peddars, plus that site thats on the net about it. its made by a former employee/partner in the company. i cant remember the URL but u can prob run a search and find it.

crx_16x
07-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Eibach springs all the way..
Have heard really good things about them but they don't come cheap.

I'm saving for eibach sportline springs, koni yellows or kyb agx's, eibach 22mm swaybars, eibach camber kit, spoon front and rear strut braces and a tanabe lower rear tie bar.
Hopefully my crx will be more like a go-kart after that 8) ...

Hey insolence, what kyb shocks are you running? are they they agx's? what are your opinions on these shocks?

Regards,
James.

VTi-RT
08-09-2003, 09:22 PM
I've got king's in my GF's civic, and their ok. I got custom height Kmac's on my old EK sedan and they have a better comfort, cost the same for custom height or off the shelf. I have Tein type Flex in my hatch which I say if you can afford, buy.

My friends have Koni's in their car and are quite happy with them.

Maybe buy their springs to begin with, and get yellow top shocks when you can afford later on. Koni's are very good and their local.
[/b]

wynode
08-09-2003, 09:36 PM
I think you will find the Koni's are a little cheaper than the bilsteins (wel they are for civic) and come with a lifetime warranty.

Revalving them is also cheaper than buying new shocks :)

toE
09-09-2003, 12:17 AM
where in melb can we get kyb's?? or tokico?? anyone know??