PDA

View Full Version : Door Seals

lil4civ
21-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi, need to get my door seals replaces as their pretty warned out. I'm located in Sydney. Does anyone know where i can get some seals to replace my one? would they have it a the wreckers?

Zilli
21-08-2007, 03:35 PM
they would have it at wreckers, but your running a gamble with getting the same quality... and once these things are taken off, depending on HOW they were taken off, they can be a pain to get back on.

What exactly is wrong with them? i treat all my rubbers at least once a year with some trim detailer or rubber treatment to keep them supple and also to detail them back to black.

Maybe you should get some product to treat your rubbers and see how that goes first? Currently im using Poorboys natural look, in the past ive used Mequiars trim detailer too...

lil4civ
22-08-2007, 10:57 AM
yeah my doors seals are pretty dried up. everytime the door closes, its not tight as the seals arin't holding in between the door and the car frame. So when its raining the car gets all wet inside.
Would it still be treatable with the products you mentioned?

dupac->
22-08-2007, 11:03 AM
go to honda. get new ones.
then maintain them like zilli does.

Zilli
22-08-2007, 11:35 AM
yeh getting new ones would probably be your best bet, but i dont think they come cheap

marcs
22-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Also interesetd in new seals, let us know how you go.

lil4civ
22-08-2007, 04:18 PM
ok ill try get the price on it and let you know if i decide to get it from honda or if i can find it else where. if anyone else knows where i can get them please let me know. thanks.

simonnowis
22-08-2007, 04:35 PM
honda will charge 264bucks each window. 162 for part and 102 for labour.

lil4civ
23-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks saves me the time of going to them and asking. Man thats quite alot ha. I'll probably check out supercheap and the other auto stores and see if they have something.

Glitta
23-08-2007, 07:26 PM
You can just buy the part from there spare parts and install them yourself... or hunt around some wreckers for some newish looking ones..

lil4civ
24-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks all for your help. I just went to supercheap yesterday but they didn't have anything. I looked at the door seal again and its not that bad, so will try and treat them.
It turns out that theres a gap where the top of the window is and its not because of the door seal. Its happens when the door is shut but the window doesn't go under the door seal and just stay on top of it. If the window is pushed in from the outside that it will be tight. So just trying to find out what is stopping the window from going under the door seal and if i can find that problem then I should be able to fit the gap problem.
thanks for all your help