PDA

View Full Version : got water in my headlight!

sitta
21-08-2007, 05:02 PM
:( i got water in my headlight what should i do? after my HID upgrade nothing has happened after 1 month, now i just see water in my headlight. and it is only the right headlight, the left got no problem and its exactly the same set up which confuse me... does the water dissapear by itself or should i take off the whole headlight and clean it up

dupac->
21-08-2007, 05:05 PM
after a dry day.. no more rain it should clear up itself.. unless there's like a puddle in it..

what car?

but still check for cracks open gaps n stuff.. and seal them up..

sitta
21-08-2007, 05:16 PM
civic type r bro! brand new! its been raining heaps these couple of days in sydney so i always turn on my lights when driving

dupac->
21-08-2007, 05:23 PM
take out the HIDS incase it voids warranty for some reason?

then take it back to the dealer i guess..

i know euros have that problem too.. how shit is that.

kn1ghtm4r3
21-08-2007, 05:29 PM
take the bulbs out n let it air out i guess =/ hopefully on a sunny day though ahah

a new civic type R wow thats g*y =(

shadou
21-08-2007, 05:32 PM
take all the HID crap outta there replace with stock globes then go back to dealer to get a free headlight

sitta
21-08-2007, 05:36 PM
lmao good idea but the hids are nice and i dont want to spend time installing them again .... so my question now is it will dry out right lol? i guess after it dries out ill try sealing any gaps

shadou
21-08-2007, 05:41 PM
dude, a new headlight unit costs $300+ (guessing cos honda usually charges this much) HID takes like 30 mins to install given (haven't done one on the new ctr guessing again)

kn1ghtm4r3
21-08-2007, 05:41 PM
^ take the bulbs out and let it dry out. it will dry out =)

but when it rains again it may leak again =(

but yeah id say do wat shadou said and get yourself some new lights =)

dupac->
21-08-2007, 05:42 PM
yeah aslong it has that air to escape it will dry over afew days.(sunny day)

but yeah why seal them when u can get them replaced through the dealer.

but i guess one common problem will be ongoing. better off sealing them urself.

sitta
21-08-2007, 05:58 PM
dude, a new headlight unit costs $300+ (guessing cos honda usually charges this much) HID takes like 30 mins to install given (haven't done one on the new ctr guessing again)

it takes heaps of time mate, it is very troublesome to install it in the right headlight since you dont have space at all to put your hand there, you have to move the battery first, etc... took me 2 hours last time

shadou
21-08-2007, 06:06 PM
lol, thought it was a in out type job, oh well, best way of drying it out would be to take the whole assembly out and then properly getting all the water out with compressed air, but since that probably won't happen take bulbs out and let it naturally dry out.

dupac->
21-08-2007, 06:15 PM
seriously i rather new headlights that dont leak. over hids.

lol..

but yeh.
if u really cbf just dry the slut
lol

Chris_typer
21-08-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah just let them dry out naturally...my feeling is there is prob a slight gap in your right headlight from when you put the HID's in..best thing to do is let it dry out and then attempt to seal any gaps you find. But yeah it has been raining here in sydney for a bit so prob can't blame water getting in the slightest gaps.

Tofu
21-08-2007, 08:04 PM
^ yup!
definitely there's a gap when you installed the HID, usually the bit where the base of the bulb and the rubber grommet meet (or not meet since there could be a gap)

I had the same problem when installing HID in my typeS
I took my headlight off and tipped all the water out, dried it in the bathroom with a hair dryer and with the ventilation fan (the thing in the bathroom that draws the moisture out thingo) then reinstalled the headlight, it worked great...but the same thing happend to my other headlight, but this time i just put the oem bulbs back and got it replaced because this other side's connector was rusted...

ekhybrid
22-08-2007, 12:21 AM

Dy_
22-08-2007, 12:36 AM
personally i'd take the time to take the hids out and go back to the dealer. if the problem was really cause of the headlights!

but yeah try everything else first so you dont waste your time!

goodluck!

dupac->
22-08-2007, 09:50 AM

lol there's an echo in this thread ROFL

kn1ghtm4r3
22-08-2007, 12:19 PM

but if he seals themn they look dodgy would they say anything lol

dupac->
22-08-2007, 02:16 PM
dont seal it if he's gonna take it to honda
lol
only seal it if he cbf going to honda.