PDA

View Full Version : What Do People Think Of My New Wheels

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Since I Own A Tyrepower Store In Adelaide And My Wheels Have Done 1000k Ive Decided To Go For A Different Look. I Only Put These Wheels On My Car For Autosalon Adelaide 2007 Just Until The Container Of The Zinik Wheels Arrive. Which Was Today

Since I Sell 15-20 Sets A Month Of Zinik Wheels I Should Go For The Zinik Z19 In Chrome 20 X 8.5

People Please Let Me Know What You Think As I Value Your Opinion.

THE APEC BLADE WHEELS ON MY EURO (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6509&d=1187094398)

yfin
21-08-2007, 07:54 PM
i edited your post - pls dont post anything for sale in this section

yourfather
21-08-2007, 08:02 PM
i think you should sell good wheels.

like rays http://www.nissangtrproto.com/images/rayste37.jpg

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 08:07 PM
We Do Sell Rays And Work. Its Just Not Everyone Wants Them.

I DID NOT ASK WHAT I SHOULD SELL I ASKED WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF MY NEW WHEELS JEEZ.....

yfin
21-08-2007, 08:10 PM
I DID NOT ASK WHAT I SHOULD SELL I ASKED WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF MY NEW WHEELS JEEZ.....

I know exactly what you wrote - a price for your old rims and asked people to PM you if they wanted them. This is not a for sale section.

mreuro4
21-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Hey m8,

Should look good. How do the accords ride with 20's? Do you need to make any suspension mods? I've owned mine for 6 months. Still trying to get time to mod.

Luke

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 08:24 PM
The Only Suspension Mod I Had To Do Was Lower The Car. So It Did Not Look Like A Truck.

The 20 Inch Wheels Are Little Bit Firmer Than The 16's It Came With. But Not As Bad A You Would Think. The Way New Tyres Are Designed Is To Make The Ride Softer And More Comfortable With A Lower Profile Tyre

ACTI0NMAN-1
21-08-2007, 08:39 PM
I think your wheels should be replaced with these http://www.nissangtrproto.com/images/rayste37.jpg

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 08:48 PM
A Honda Accord Euro Is Made For Luxury In My Books If I Wanted Te37 Or An Other Jap Wheel I Would Have Kept My Skyline That Had 18 X 10's Front And 18 X 11's Rear.

Thats Only My Opinion I But Thanks For Your Input Anyway.

Everyone Is Different

yourfather
21-08-2007, 09:04 PM
hardly a lady y

you've seen me face to face :P

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Yfin Does Have A Reason There.

350G
21-08-2007, 09:13 PM
as what everyone say. dont get crap rims for yr Euro. Who say luxury car cant wear Rays. Many JDM brand do have VIP style rims. Get some quality wheels for your quality car.

SiReal
21-08-2007, 09:14 PM
LOL at actionman hahahhahha

i like chrome on black cars. i think it looks nice.

yourfather
21-08-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.hartwheels.co.jp/lowenhart_lvd/spec/img/3d_b.jpg

VTi_b0i
21-08-2007, 09:17 PM
i rate the wheels :)
how much for a set of 20s in the Z19s? my next car gona be a black euro lux model on 19 or 20s :D

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Why Should I Pay Thru The Nose For That Wheel When Kruz Wheels Do A Near Identical Wheel That Would Weigh The Same And Give Me 5 Year Finish Warranty Where Lowenhart Only Give Me 1. Explain That Concept.

You Changed From Te37 Look Now You Have A Friend.

SiReal
21-08-2007, 09:20 PM
I think VIP is the next big thing. If not, already.

yourfather
21-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Why Should I Pay Thru The Nose For That Wheel When Kruz Wheels Do A Near Identical Wheel That Would Weigh The Same And Give Me 5 Year Finish Warranty Where Lowenhart Only Give Me 1. Explain That Concept.

You Changed From Te37 Look Now You Have A Friend.

Probably because they offer you a 5 year finish warranty to try and give you piece of mind.

You get what you pay for man
Kruz Wheels's website doesnt even work .

I can't believe you're comparing shit cheap Kruz to Lowenharts

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I Had A Drift Car With Three Piece Wheels Now Its My Turn To Have A Dub Car With Chromies

yourfather
21-08-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope you put Ling Long's on to match your Kruz wheels

I dunno about you man but VIP = exclusive.

The price of said KRUZ wheels /= exclusive

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:34 PM
My Choice Is My Choice Not Yours. All I Asked Was What You Thought Of The Zinik Wheels And You Had To Be A Bitch About It And Bag Evrything. All I Wanted Was "i Like Jap Wheels Sorry Mate". Not Some Dick Head Who Thinks He Knows It All Because He Sits On His Computer All Night Long Reading Forum Sites.

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Just Because You Can T Afford A Decent Set Of Tyres Doesn't Mean I Would Put Shit On. My Last Set Had Hankooks This Set Will Have Kumho's As I Said Sit Back And Read Your Forum Site And Learn Learn Learn. Just Remember Life Doesn't Revolve Around You And Your Tweezers

yourfather
21-08-2007, 09:37 PM
yeah and I have BuddyClub P1's with Yokohama S-Drives + Tein Flex suspension

so what, stfu.

EuroAccord13
21-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Stop all this squabble or I'll close this with a click of the mouse.....

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:39 PM
As Stated I Asked For A Opinion Not Abuse Please Leave This Forum Alone And Go And Bug Someone Else. If You Did Not Like Them Say I Dont Like Them And Thats That

Joel The Mole
21-08-2007, 09:46 PM
i think they look top sh*t mate, nice choice.

tyrepower_adelaide
21-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks Mate.

OMG.JAI xD
21-08-2007, 09:47 PM
i can see those on my civic .. LOL scraping the guards .. but ridin in style .. :D

lol

nice ride bro

snYpz
21-08-2007, 11:11 PM
Its nice although im not a fan of chrome...

u posted pics of the chromes u had before, i actually prefer those lol
but each to their own :D

EUR003act
21-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I know exactly what you wrote - a price for your old rims and asked people to PM you if they wanted them. This is not a for sale section.

yfin = funny guy :D

J-TODA
22-08-2007, 12:01 AM
I think VIP is the next big thing. If not, already.

agreeed =] haha

IAMVTEC
22-08-2007, 01:55 AM
If we're talking purely for looks. Rays or other lightweight racing wheels dont look good on an Accord Euro. The Euro is a family/luxury styled sort of car, putting sporty rims on it doesnt match. Its like dressing a cow with designer dancing shoes, no matter how good quality the shoes are they dont fit.

I'm not a fan of the big 20 chromes I think putting some no name generic 19s is a better investment than some TEs or whatever. You get much hotter looks for a half of the price.

lightweight racing wheels are hot on an Integra or a Civic, not an Accord.

akina
22-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Dont agree with IAMVTEC

the euro is a sporty look sedan, yes it is a family/luxury car also but it has all the edges of a sport car. Putting jdm wheels on it will make it even more sportier. I like.

As with tyrepower, personally I'm not the way to go with those rims. Prefer jdm ones. Sorry.

J-TODA
22-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Dont agree with IAMVTEC

the euro is a sporty look sedan, yes it is a family/luxury car also but it has all the edges of a sport car. Putting jdm wheels on it will make it even more sportier. I like.

As with tyrepower, personally I'm not the way to go with those rims. Prefer jdm ones. Sorry.

that is true...if u put mugen, phase/spoon kit,dump on some nice coils, with a nice set of ce28s ....it will look much sportier...and giv u that " jdm " look..

if u get some 20" cromies.. drop that..black tint..it will obviously not look "jdm" bt more "pimp/vip"

everyone has different opinions as to wat they like...personally not a big fan of cromies, bt yes on a black euro....dropped...perhaps a lipkit or some kinda of bodykit... will definetly look HAWWTT!!! =]

btw ahha.. LMAO!! keepn on topic...
i duno..i fink those rims seem quite large in the pics...and dsonet seem to guard??if u know wat i mean.. perhaps should have gone with 19s...and drop it more...onli my opinion though =]

haha gl wif modding up ur euro =]

tron07
22-08-2007, 08:59 AM
not a fan of VIP....

IAMVTEC
22-08-2007, 09:11 AM
No, gluing plastic bits onto its body and lowering its ride height to resemble a knuckle dragging chimp wont make the Euro look like a sports car. Theres nothing you can do to change the facts the proportions of the body are that of a family sedan. It has chrome lining around the windows for gods sake.

But sure, if you consider a Commodore S to look like a sports car, then I guess Euro can be a sports car too.

In any case, I just dont think a lightweight racing style rim fits with the Euro. It looks awful because the car body and wheel arches are so thick and the wheels are the exact opposite. You either put fat VIP style rims on Euro or keep the stock rims.

tony1234
22-08-2007, 09:24 AM
not a fan of VIP....
Sorry,me neither.

panda[cRx]
22-08-2007, 09:27 AM
not a fan of the rims/car combo

not a fan of ppl coming on just to advertise their business :)

notorious_shugg
22-08-2007, 09:30 AM
everyone in this thread needs to go to their happy place.. :)

SiReal
22-08-2007, 09:37 AM
;1307927']
not a fan of ppl coming on just to advertise their business :)

Agreed ;)

But I think 20s are too big. they just look silly. how about 19s or 18s?

TRaNz
22-08-2007, 09:37 AM
LoL, YF stirrin teh pot again eh? :p

Wat are you lowered on may i ask?

Like i said in another thread, your car looked pretty hot with them rims.
(haha probably get flamed for saying something like that... oh noes /runs :p)

stephen8512
22-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Agreed ;)

20's arent too big IMO. i had 20's on mine and i didnt think it looked too big or look like crap...but then again it was my car so hahahah
each to their own

Atjo
22-08-2007, 10:34 AM
IMO, for VIP don't go with chrome, go with high polish or brushed aluminium, it looks more expensive and lighter than chrome, chrome wheels can look dull and more expensive to fix.

Q_ball
22-08-2007, 10:35 AM
IMO, for VIP don't go with chrome, go with high polish or brushed aluminium, it looks more expensive and lighter than chrome, chrome wheels can look dull and more expensive to fix.

Agree with Dan :)

SiReal
22-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Agree with Dan :)

Cos Dan is the Man!

Atjo
22-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks Q, probably i can show it with my wheels, but i haven't got it yet :p If you have money, try save it up for forged wheels, forged materials is stronger and lighter. Btw i'm not trying to advertise what i'm selling, it's just my opinion :)

Zdster
22-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Q, probably i can show it with my wheels, but i haven't got it yet :p

Ridin on stockies :p

Atjo
22-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Ridin on stockies :p
How r u mike, long time no see ;)

terryansimon
22-08-2007, 10:46 AM
personally not a fan of the VIP/pimp style.... but yeah. if it makes you happy and you can sleep soundly at night, I don't see why not.

Zdster
22-08-2007, 10:46 AM
How r u mike, long time no see ;)

Good Dan. Just been hiding under a rock :).

TEMPTN
22-08-2007, 02:05 PM
dont get y people are haters of VIP

if u want JDM rims go paint ur stockie to black and save ur self money, if you buy rims might as well buy bigger size rims rather than the same size as stockies,

350G
22-08-2007, 02:12 PM
My Choice Is My Choice Not Yours. All I Asked Was What You Thought Of The Zinik Wheels And You Had To Be A Bitch About It And Bag Evrything. All I Wanted Was "i Like Jap Wheels Sorry Mate". Not Some Dick Head Who Thinks He Knows It All Because He Sits On His Computer All Night Long Reading Forum Sites.

If you cant take people's comments, just dont asking for people's comments.

As always, "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

350G
22-08-2007, 02:13 PM

if u want JDM rims go paint ur stockie to black and save ur self money, if you buy rims might as well buy bigger size rims rather than the same size as stockies,

it is not JDM vs VIP but quality brand vs crap brand.

Zdster
22-08-2007, 02:14 PM

I dont think anyone is hating on VIP. There is a discussion over whether the euro can be sport or VIP (IMHO it can be both), but I think the comments related to the quality of the wheels rather than what they looked like.

ZYL11A
22-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Agreed ;)

Sorry dude but I dont agree, I had 19's on mine and they looked small, everyone kept commenting that they looked like 18's until I cracked it one day and put on a set of 20's. It looks perfect now.

Just depends on the look your going for, I prefer the lowrider with big rims whereas the next prefers jdm style. Each to their own.

That said, tyrepower dude I like the set of rims you have chosen, what offset are they??

dc2dc2dc2
22-08-2007, 02:32 PM
bigger the better i say.

adammet04
22-08-2007, 02:50 PM
FWIW i like them.. :)

and in general
if you like chromes go chromes,
if you like jdm go jdm
if you like pink wheels go pink wheels.
if you cant afford forged then go something cheaper..
simple

:)

and can someone please pm me what defines a wheel maker as a "crap brand" as opposed to a wheel maker that is a "good brand"..

Zdster
22-08-2007, 03:13 PM
and can someone please pm me what defines a wheel maker as a "crap brand" as opposed to a wheel maker that is a "good brand"..

No need for the PM. I have seen cheaper chrome wheels that start to flake and the chrome falls away. Other factors to consider include what the wheels are made from (material), how they are made etc etc. Then there are the more materialistic things like how many there are on the market, branding and cost, weight, custom setups etc.

Atjo
22-08-2007, 03:39 PM
It's not really about good or crap brand but which one that has a good quality and which one is not. In indo, they make a replica of expensive brand wheels but the quality of the material is good and they make it almost 100% like the original and a lot of people buying it.

J-TODA
22-08-2007, 03:50 PM
20's arent too big IMO. i had 20's on mine and i didnt think it looked too big or look like crap...but then again it was my car so hahahah
each to their own

thats mainly cause ur mugen kit... made the car seem bigger.. more wider...as if flared guards...hence 20s fitted perfectly =]

his one...jst dumpedd

albii
22-08-2007, 06:12 PM
If you want JDM go live in Japan..

Otherwise anyone can put whatever they want on their cars.
Personally i think the bboss eleanor in 19 look great.

dc2dc2dc2
22-08-2007, 06:15 PM
jdm = chrome

therefore he is jdm y0~

the rest of u are a hybrid of USDM/AUDM

r-r-redEuro
22-08-2007, 06:33 PM
VIP style originally came from japan anyways yakuza. so therefore its JDM YO!

SiReal
22-08-2007, 06:35 PM
JDM/UDSM/AUDM its all the same sh1t, different smell.

No one even knows what the hell these terms mean.

J-TODA
22-08-2007, 06:36 PM
JDM/UDSM/AUDM its all the same sh1t, different smell.

No one even knows what the hell these terms mean.

LMAO!!

jdm = japanese domestic market

usdm = united states domestic market

audm = australian domestic market

=]

albii
22-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I ate sushi the other day, therefore my bog will be JDM.

terryansimon
22-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I always thought the M stood for model.

I thought wrongly then.

Zdster
22-08-2007, 08:20 PM
LMAO!!

jdm = japanese domestic market

usdm = united states domestic market

audm = australian domestic market

=]

He didnt mean it literally :). He was referring to the markets themselves. Have a look at the Japanese show scene and you will see they embrass just about everything - VIP, chrome rims, bling paint jobs, 'JDM' etc etc

lilwilliam
22-08-2007, 10:01 PM
my opinion is dont worry about what other people think about your rims, if you think it looks good thats all that counts! =]

EUR003act
22-08-2007, 10:36 PM
my two cents...

euro slammed on 20s looks f%#$en sexy... but impractacle

euro nice height with 17" lightweight race wheels looks shit... but handles and drives very nicely

its your car, do what you want with it :D

DEEJDM
28-08-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah and I have BuddyClub P1's with Yokohama S-Drives + Tein Flex suspension

so what, stfu.

hahahaha thanks for reiterating to everyone what I said about you earlier fool. You are trying to lecture this guy, but you go out and buy all those expensive parts for your car when you admit you're a crap driver! What is the point of buying good tyres and suspension when you don't drive fast? really what is the point except to waste money?!

Average tyres and cheap suspension will do exactly the same thing if you're not going to the track or driving fast. No, you can't argue that, cause they will. You wont need tyres that grip or stop any better than normal street tyres unless you track or drive fast. You admitted you do neither (which is a good thing for all our sakes) Maybe you should realise how stupid that looks before you lecture a guy who owns a tyre/wheel shop on his products. You are the open joke of this forum!!!

Learn to drive then you can make stupid comments

markasia
28-08-2007, 11:53 PM
your new wheels are nice, i got Zinik Z19 Black Chrome, So its kinda similar, look in the gallery forums and you'll see the pictures.

LXRY
29-08-2007, 05:01 PM
People Please Let Me Know What You Think As I Value Your Opinion.

THE APEC BLADE WHEELS ON MY EURO (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6509&d=1187094398)

My opinion LOVE 'EM BEST RIMS i'VE SEEN ALL YEAR, THE BEST, THEY WOULD REALLY SUIT YOUR CAR

Now we got that out of the way and seeing as I LOVE your rims....... how about a discount on these rims plz....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/_ShEnStA/Ozhonda/big_f2.jpg

Seeing as you own Tyrepower and all :D

tony1234
29-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Rays.They'll be big $$$$

LXRY
29-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Or even better these...

Mugen NR's

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa204/_ShEnStA/Ozhonda/nr1.jpg

LXRY
29-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Rays.They'll be big $$$$

Not with my Tyrepower discount they won't ;)

E-Gene
29-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Hmmm...do I smell a group buy?

Killa From Manila
29-08-2007, 07:02 PM
every 2nd shitbox on the road these days have oversized el cheapo chromies on their car. putting the same thing on a nice car like a euro gives the whole car a cheap appearance. check out the vip cars from tokyo auto salon. they all use big brand wheels that look good, suit the car and they can actually pull off the whole look, not just slap on the fully sick chromes

hahahaha thanks for reiterating to everyone what I said about you earlier fool. You are trying to lecture this guy, but you go out and buy all those expensive parts for your car when you admit you're a crap driver! What is the point of buying good tyres and suspension when you don't drive fast? really what is the point except to waste money?!

Average tyres and cheap suspension will do exactly the same thing if you're not going to the track or driving fast. No, you can't argue that, cause they will. You wont need tyres that grip or stop any better than normal street tyres unless you track or drive fast. You admitted you do neither (which is a good thing for all our sakes) Maybe you should realise how stupid that looks before you lecture a guy who owns a tyre/wheel shop on his products. You are the open joke of this forum!!!

what if ur on the highway and its raining. car in front of you slams on brakes. id say its better to have quality tyres in that situation.

Riviera
29-08-2007, 07:07 PM
giovanni rims yo lol

SPQR
29-08-2007, 10:45 PM
In my opinion, wheels should not be "louder" than the car to which they are fitted. Proportion is important. In my opinion, for the Euro, I think that 17 inch wheels with the resulting 100mm side wall height is the right proportion. In terms of design, spokes are the evergreen with the minimum of five spokes. Seven spokes is my ideal and nine spokes are good as well. Only Audi does nice six spoke wheels.

After nine spokes, an even number of spokes becomes acceptable. Paired spokes like the Rays example look great but again preferably an odd number of pairs of spokes (resulting in a even number of actual spokes).

Chrome only looks good if it is properly maintained.

As far as long warranties are concerned, they're only as good as the company backing them. If the company goes out of business then there is no warranty.

yourfather
29-08-2007, 11:16 PM

you still want to race after all this time.

you really are a shit ****.

little mincy faggots like you are the reason I don't come on here, that and I really don't have time.

why don't you go race yourself off a cliff.

LXRY
29-08-2007, 11:37 PM
you still want to race after all this time.

you really are a shit ****.

little mincy faggots like you are the reason I don't come on here, that and I really don't have time.

why don't you go race yourself off a cliff.

It's on........

*yourfather has spoken*
Hi btw...:wave:

Mike Star
30-08-2007, 12:14 AM
my opinion is dont worry about what other people think about your rims, if you think it looks good thats all that counts! =]

I agree with you. Why worry about what some of these self appointed experts think? Just go with what you like yourself and enjoy your car.
Lets not take this stuff too seriously for god's sake!!

LXRY
30-08-2007, 12:19 AM
I agree with you. Why worry about what some of these self appointed experts think? Just go with what you like yourself and enjoy your car.
Lets not take this stuff too seriously for god's sake!!

Yep I agree...each to their own.

NightKids
30-08-2007, 12:21 AM
The tyrepower rims look sh*t...

LXRY
30-08-2007, 12:23 AM
The tyrepower rims look sh*t...

LMAO(HARD)...at least your honest.

Takenit2easy
30-08-2007, 10:24 AM
It was obvious from the start he didn't care what people thought of his rims he was just trying to use a sneeky way to put an ad on the website i'm glad zfin caught him early

thumbs up to yfin

thumbs down to the rims IMO

Zdster
30-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Average tyres and cheap suspension will do exactly the same thing if you're not going to the track or driving fast.

That is by far one of the most rediculous comments I have ever heard - end of story.

SiReal
30-08-2007, 10:43 AM
So much anger. I think we can close this thread ;)

Once I race everyone in my Dad's corona first..

panda[cRx]
30-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Hmmm...do I smell a group buy?

not on ozhonda, read the t&c foo!

E-Gene
30-08-2007, 10:59 AM
;1321529']not on ozhonda, read the t&c foo!

Ouch....I guess I forgot to add a :p:p:p at the end of my comments. Yes, there is much anger in the thread.

notorious_shugg
30-08-2007, 11:05 AM
dooin the happy dance..

Pumped
30-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Captain kinto boot install

EuroAccord13
30-08-2007, 05:32 PM
Ok, everyone have their say already...

You boys obviously did not heed my warning earlier... Oh well....

I see lots of flameballs shooting...

CLOSED!