PDA

View Full Version : air/oxy sensor?

Dy_
21-08-2007, 11:52 PM
Oh my mates ek1 the air pipe theres a little clip with two wires on it and it runs to a little square box label sensor something something, its next to the hose. I was wondering what that was? and if i were to unclip that and keep it unclipped whats going to happen??

aaronng
22-08-2007, 08:12 AM
If it is on your intake, it's probably the intake air temperature sensor.

blk_shadow
22-08-2007, 08:20 AM
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IS usually located at your intake pipe. and the one you mentioned, looks like the MAF sensor
if you unclipped it, your rev will go up and down :D as it doesn't detect the air flow that's passing thru. its not good for sure. OBD2A has this problem with its MAF sensor there.

the oxy sensor is at your headers.

aaronng
22-08-2007, 08:31 AM
MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR IS usually located at your intake pipe. and the one you mentioned, looks like the MAF sensor
if you unclipped it, your rev will go up and down :D as it doesn't detect the air flow that's passing thru. its not good for sure. OBD2A has this problem with its MAF sensor there.

the oxy sensor is at your headers.

The D series uses a MAP sensor, no MAF sensor. :)

Is the little box on the throttle body? If it is, does it say "MAP Sensor Assy." ?

blk_shadow
22-08-2007, 12:30 PM
yep, that's the map sensor on the tb. but isn't it an airflow sensor that clips onto the intake pipe?

Dy_
22-08-2007, 02:41 PM
hrmm..yeah its the map sensor.

although im not to sure if the clip on the intake pipe runs to the unit labeled map sensor. as the wires are all covered. if it is indeed not the map sensor, what could it be?

btw tahnks for all the help guys!

kerim
22-08-2007, 02:42 PM
put a pic up man, would be clearer and easier to understand that way

string
22-08-2007, 03:30 PM
To answer your question, there isn't much on the intake manifold which you can unclip with no conseqences. Infact, there is nothing you can unclip for any benefits. Leave it alone :)

Maybe the EGR and other emissions gear, but you won't notice any performance increase from it; and the environment will thank you!

Dy_
23-08-2007, 12:40 AM
ok so its not the map sensor..turned out to be to air temp sensor!

thanks for all the help!