PDA

View Full Version : De-Badging

BT1_BOY
22-08-2007, 03:30 PM
wats up ppl... i got just got a 94 Accord Cd5 and want to De_badge it.. i rekon it looks better...

just wondering how ppl have done it...

whats the best way to go about it without leaving those black marks or scratches..

oh and does the honda bdge at the front or rear leave holes.. thanks..

-Peter

Sensei
22-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Not sure about the front and rear badges on the CD5 but for the other emblems I would recommend a good heat gun or a hair dryer.

Carefully heat up the badge (which in most cases is held on by glue).

Then use a strong fishing line or a razor blade to slowly remove it.

Once the badge has been removed - there might be some left over glue-gunk. Use some Isopropyl alcohol to wipe it off (after the surface has cooled). A claybar works just as well.

Polish the area to remove any scratches or swirls.

Then finish off by giving that area a fresh coat of your favorite wax.

Zdster
22-08-2007, 03:46 PM
I have found a really good way of doing this, is SEARCHING!!!!!

On a serious note, there are a number of ways. Leave the car in the sun for a while to get the badges pliable and use a combination of dental floss and time to get a corner up. From there remove it completly and use a "goo-be-gone" type product to remove residue (just be careful as some are not good for paint work).

Re: the other Honda badges. I am not sure about the accords, but most of the civics leave holes if the badge is removed.

beeza
22-08-2007, 04:19 PM
I de-badged my rear civic one.2 holes.I took it to a smash repairer.$200.Done and done.Much better.

Sensei
22-08-2007, 04:19 PM
A few links to answer your questions...

Link1
(http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1273&highlight=debadging)
Link2 (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9090&highlight=debadging)

BT1_BOY
22-08-2007, 05:08 PM
thanks.. ill try those methods

Luke Accord
22-08-2007, 09:26 PM
On the 94 accord both front and rear H emblems have holes.
The accord badge and model (exi vti-s) don't have holes and are just stuck on with glue i used a thin piece of strong cardboard and slowly worked it underneath the badge and then lifted them off and then cleaned the remain glue off the car.
Cheers.

Rico
23-08-2007, 02:32 PM
best way to remove them is heat them up with a hairdryer so the glue gets loose and then dental floss underneath it.

24-08-2007, 11:55 AM
I debadge mine.. and the clear coat comes off .... DAMN IT !! just have to watch out for that :p

BT1_BOY
24-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I debadge mine.. and the clear coat comes off .... DAMN IT !! just have to watch out for that :p

How would i avoid that???

and can u tell that the badge has been taken off, in terms of paint fade?? not in terms of the badge not being there lol

Bryce
25-08-2007, 07:00 PM
EUR-02C pwns, it has no badges, some would say its badgeless

except for the euroR badge because it has a euroR badge on it.

Pumped
25-08-2007, 07:06 PM
fishing line, ftw

25-08-2007, 07:06 PM
How would i avoid that???

and can u tell that the badge has been taken off, in terms of paint fade?? not in terms of the badge not being there lol

i got dark green colour. is not obvious at night but at day u can see it ... if u driving behind me..

hemp .. GLUE and PAINT are enemy :p so .. u cant really avoid loosing layer of clear coat. u can try take it off and see what it looks if u dont like it .. either stick it back of just stick some other badge like mugen or spoon to cover it up:wave:

Riviera
27-08-2007, 08:01 AM
might go de-badge mine now lol
they both leave holes seen one on the way back from the coast same dealfront and back air holes

glue - wax and grease remover or mineral turps ,wax and grease is safe on paint

then drop the licence plate