PDA

View Full Version : Good mufflers?

Abs
22-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I have a Civic Vti and ive been wanting to change the muffler. Ive been told the car has a Cat back exhaust system but the muffler is really small and it rattles when cold. The car sounds ok. The sound is like, half high pitched yuk weak car, but there is an element of deep good sound. Im pretty sure this muffler is restricting the good sound. The resonator has been taken out which adds to the deep tone which is usually obvious when i stab the pedal and in high gears (eg. 5th gear doing 60 or 70kmh).

Anyway im planning to change the muffler and i wanted some advice on wat would be best. I dno if its possible but im looking for a muffler that will give me little sound when idling, but wen i push the accel i want a loud low tone, n wen i hit vtec i want EVEN more sound. I kno cannon mufflers give alot of sound but theyre anoying in my opinion. When idling , gives off so much noise.
Also some performance would be a +.

:)

Jamezy
22-08-2007, 08:51 PM
i suggest fujitsubo .. IMO very nice exhuast systems it gives out a smooth clean sound no farting sounds and very good power gains if you dont want 2 much attention from the cops and good power gains this exhaust is tops :thumbsup:

good luck on your hunt

jdm_kid
22-08-2007, 09:19 PM
bc spec 2 ...

Shimian
22-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Im deciding between Fujitsubo Legalis R Catback or the original Mugen sports exhaust system (muffler only). Slightly leaning towards Mugen cos it looks sexier with a single tip. Fuji looks exactly like stock.

technify
22-08-2007, 11:21 PM
w0o fujitsubo power getter :cool:

chockz
22-08-2007, 11:23 PM
bang for buck : x force...

wp89
22-08-2007, 11:35 PM
spoon n1;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etQEIfQjOHo&mode=related&search=

IZY-10
22-08-2007, 11:58 PM
x-force or mugen twin loop muffler:thumbsup:

chockz
23-08-2007, 01:07 AM
I'm running xforce twin loop on my EG..regretted..i can't install my swaybar
lol the "twin loop" hinders the installation

chock

NightKids
23-08-2007, 02:18 AM
I got a twin loop installed & no problems with my whiteline sway bar at all. Go the XForce i say, sound clip can be posted by request.

sleeper
23-08-2007, 02:25 AM
the fujitsubo is a good exhaust system but if you want a cheaper alternative look at xforce :thumbsup:

noodles025
23-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Well if you want a top notch AUSTRALIAN!!! exhaust PEX performance exhaust systems from "Berkley" is really good quality and performance.

aaronng
23-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Put a hotdog resonator back on and go for a high flow muffler. You want to avoid cannon-style mufflers.

kazam
23-08-2007, 10:00 AM
hi, unless you robbed a bank you probly wont be able to afford half the things people have suggested :p but seriously, 3a racing cannon :) , and get an intake! it actually helps alot, especially during VTEC!! i have an AEM SRI and i dont want to sound like any other Derick that bought an intake and an exhaust, but seriously man, they are great.. those other 1's people have suggested for a catback system you'll be look at over a grand! i havent got my cat back system yet, but it wouldnt cost me over $400 plus i paid like 150 for my intake! trust me, INTAKES MAKE IT SOUND ALOT BETTER, dont go spending a million dollars on fujitsubo stuff although good, you probly havent spent more than 5grand buying the car, seems stupid to spend 1300 bux on no more than 10kw of power...