PDA

View Full Version : D16A3 Throttle Body / Cat Converter

Olskool Integra Boy
24-07-2004, 03:40 PM
I am looking at getting more power from my d16a3 equiped integra sx, i plan to replace the air filter, and exhaust system eithin the next few weeks ( finally got the money) and am wondering about the standard throttle body and cat converter. would there nee any sense in replacing the trottle body with a larger maybe more modern one of say an accord or prelude, is this even possible and also, when it comes time for exhaust, is the standard cat holding me back on power a grat deal or not? that is; should i replace the full exhaust from manifold or just cat back, if the first option would i have to purchase i high flow or would a big mutha cat of a commodore or the likes do the job??

Any help would b much apprecicated. :?

Weq
24-07-2004, 06:50 PM
no point in going larger throttle body, u will need a full port of ur manifold for it to have any effect. Once uv done i/h/e, look at a lightened flywheel, and maybe a mini-me vtec setup and some aftermarket management. If u dont wanna swap head's, look towards new cam + valvetrain, and after that look at either: forced induction, small shot of nos or build ur bottom end.

TODA AU
25-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Save your many...
Buy a faster car.

Olskool Integra Boy
15-08-2004, 01:05 PM
thanks for the advice weq but could u explain what a 'mini-me vetec setup' is as iv neva heard of such a thing. . .

Weq
15-08-2004, 02:07 PM
google "mini-me"