PDA

View Full Version : Water on floor driver seat and behind???

Aleksi
23-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Hey all,

Just a question which is really bugging me.

It's been raining the last few days, and it seems that when my car is outside in the rain, the floor behind the driver's seat fills up with water and then some of it leaks onto the floor under my feet (driver's seat).

I left my car outside last night, and found that there is a puddle of water behind the driver's seat. I haven't really noticed this occuring as much when I am driving in the rain.

Any clues as to where this water may be coming from?

I jacked the car up, and looked for holes etc., NOTHING.

The only thing I can think of is that the water may be leaking down from somewhere.

ANY HELP, PLEASE!!???

thanks ppl

Limbo
23-08-2007, 04:37 PM
must be leaking from one of the seals in the glass. Either the window or the actual front windscreen. Try hosing the car (just be careful of water restrictions) and see if you can pinpoint any water coming in. Black Silicone works a treat for this and only worth about $10

Aleksi
23-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Sweet, thanks heaps for the help.

I suspected that this may be the case after reading the previous threads in regards to this.

Thanks again

will let u know how it goes

wp89
23-08-2007, 06:58 PM
make sure you dry everything properly otherwise you get ugly smells!

Aleksi
23-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the help guys

Aleksi
25-08-2007, 10:22 AM
So I got around to checking my car out yesterday morning. Turns out that the water comes from the right hand corner (driver's side) and leaks into the cabin. The water runs down the right hand corner, the one closest to the accelerator pedal.

How did I find it?

Poured water down the windshiled after lifting up the carpet in the car, and looking closely, using a torch to see clearly.

I'm sure there are quite a few ppl who hav/will experience/d this issue, so I will post up a DIY for sealing up the gap.

Should have this DIY tutorial up in the next week or so.

And if you happen to read it, please consider giving me a PQ point.

Thanks

gerard
25-08-2007, 11:07 AM
i had a similar situation on a different car some time back. it turns out the drain at the base of the windshield was blocked and the water backed up and flowed into the car.

vippy84
25-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Last time when I had my EG.. the same problem occurred.. but it was when i was driving.. the water leaked inside..
the problem here was with the rubber on the roof, near the driver's seat.. it was worn out already.. so the small lil gap allowed water to come thru..

good luck in repairing..
probably u can use window glue for a moment to avoid leaking.. or u can just change it if u have the $$

EGB18CT
27-08-2007, 04:27 PM
make sure its not coolant as it could be a busted heater core. If it floods in the cabin one day ull know what its is then...

otherwise the seal sounds good to me too..

DamienS
07-09-2007, 06:04 PM
I also had a similar problem in an old commodore I owned a LONG time ago, anyway turned out that when it rained the front passenger foot area would fill with water. My mechanic said he could look into where it is blocked but I would just have to pay for his time.

I said not to worry as I had a better solution, I used a 5mm drill bit and drill a few holes in the floor, PROBLEM SOLVED, :thumbsup:no more filling up with water!!!!!!

I did say it was an old commodore so I wasnt worried I drilled through the floor