PDA

View Full Version : Del Sol interior

z3lda
25-07-2004, 03:28 AM
Does anybody know how to remove the rear speaker grills or the whole rear speaker panel? i've unclipped them all and yet they still wont come out, its like that middle piece is holdin it. does anybody know how i take it out,? do i have to remove the middle piece also?

Mr delSol
25-07-2004, 12:44 PM
it should come off quite easily, I took mine out ages ago to trace some of the wire while I was fixing my electric roof.

I guess just take that middle bit out, it go back easily. I can't even remember
how many time i have taken them in and out (damn roof)

Btw, does your car squeak much?

z3lda
25-07-2004, 01:19 PM
i can't take the middle out, i think there screws not clip. but dont know where the srews are. -_-

yea it does. just above the side passenger door. squeaks like hell, even over little bumps >.< but its just the targa roof movin around again the rubber seals

ECU-MAN
25-07-2004, 03:10 PM
the rear center bit should just pull off, its clipped in. no screws. then you remove the lower compartment cover, but to remove that you must remove the center console. then you can unscrew the rear pannels. you should be able to just pop out the grills with out stripping your car interior. but if yo want to get behind the pannels you have a few thnigs to remove 1st..

sesshoumaru
25-07-2004, 05:19 PM
haha my car squeeks sometimes too :P.. drivers side door... sometimes when im driving...
and when i open and close the door...

to remove the back bit, pull off that center piece... tehre are like 8 clips.. u just gotta pull it hard..

then u take off the speaker bits on the side.. 2 screws which were hidden by the center piece.. it's also held in by some clips (which are a pia to pull off, mine are pretty much gone now).

z3lda
25-07-2004, 06:36 PM
yea i got it now. the clips were so tight. thanks ppl.

where do u guys put ya amps? i dont see any access holes to the boot? and the cabin doesnt have emnough roOm for 2amp =/ suggestions? idea?

thanks in advance

ECU-MAN
25-07-2004, 07:28 PM
you could bolt it to the abs computer bracket in the boot, pull back the rear boot cover youll see it. you can run cables to the boot. just have a good look.

Mr delSol
25-07-2004, 08:46 PM
or you can custom the back console and it sub(s) and amp in.
That's what i'm doing, will post pic when it's done.

z3lda
25-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i took the boot cover off yesterday and saw the abs thing and a solid metal wall and thought, how the hell im gonna run amps and subs through that..lol drill a hold would be out of the question. i tried puttin the amp under the seat but there's no roOm anywhere. =/

yea, post pic's please. =]

ECU-MAN
25-07-2004, 09:43 PM
I mounted my CD stacker on it as I didnt want to put it in the LH rear compartment. I made brakets to petrude out and bolt the cd to it. you could do the same. Ill take a photo soon

z3lda
25-07-2004, 09:49 PM
where was the hole wheere u fed the cd stacker from cabin to boot?

i take it you got a del sol ecu-man? u in melb? probly can meet up and give me some tips =]

SXYSOL
26-07-2004, 08:36 AM
yeah i've got a stacker in my boot as well...dunno how they wired it though cos i bought it with it already in....i've bolted my amp to the storage compartment behind the passengers seat...nearly on the floor theres just enough room...but my amp is only small...

FANATK
26-07-2004, 10:37 AM
im sure you got if off alreadyto get to the rear speakers, but yeah the middle panel clips comes off with some force, then just unscrew the two side panels...

i put my two amps screwed on the wall under the rear compantments, so it is basically behind the seat on the walls... wires went under those panels, maybe remove them and you can have more access to the rear?

z3lda
26-07-2004, 10:50 AM
i was thinkin about mountin my amps on the wall behind the chair, but it feels like solid metal behind the carpet. dont wanna drill holes in the chassis. how did u mount urs FANATK

Mr delSol
26-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey z3lda, yeah i'm in Melb if you want to come by (Glen Waverley)
I got the electric roof version so not sure if it is the same as yours (the boot that is) coz mine got the hydraulic system in there.
But yeah, i had no problem running wire into the boot. You can try to look into the
boot and unclip some of the pannel to see. There has to be a way.

Hope that help

Dinh

FANATK
26-07-2004, 12:13 PM
i just had a metal bracket on both ends of the of the amp, and the bracket was screwed down on the carpet part. the plastic was untouched... i didnt actually do the screwing myself but im guessing its ok to screw there...

ECU-MAN
26-07-2004, 02:03 PM
yeah dude I got one. if you look where the seat belt retractor is in its plastic bag, youll find a little access hole to the boot.

sesshoumaru
26-07-2004, 03:50 PM
Mr del sol... what does your car look like?

i'm frequently around the glenny area, so might have seen it before...

zelda... there is a hole on the drivers side... if u pull away the carpet in the boot u can see it.

to get to it from inside the cabin you have to remove those top panels.. and the big piece with the storage bins and stuff... apart from the obviuos screws there are two inside the storage bins... it's all relatively easy...

sesshoumaru
26-07-2004, 03:52 PM
i wish i could figure out a way to mount 6x9's in the cabin =\

FANATK
26-07-2004, 04:55 PM
u dont need 6x9's

just get some good speakers on the back and a pair of splits up front, that what i used to have and it was sweet :)

sesshoumaru
26-07-2004, 04:58 PM
yeh.. but i've just got some 6x9's lying around... would be cool if i could make use of them... i don't wanna spend heaps on audio gear.. :wink:

z3lda
27-07-2004, 11:50 PM
this really should be in audio/visual section, but its part of this thread eheh
anywayz, after late late nights of stayin up and goin to work dead, i've finally finished installin my system. nothing special or fancy just neat and simple

Interior stripped, after agesss, stupid bak/speaker panel(thanks ppl)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01503.jpg

that stupid little hole to the boot for my subs >.<~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01506.jpg

trial positions
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01507.jpg

finsihed product, wires hidden, amps tightly screwed in
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01516.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01517.jpg

and lastly my new Alpine CDA-9831 :D :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/z3lda/DSC01520.jpg

ECU-MAN
28-07-2004, 11:24 AM