PDA

View Full Version : more castor = better turning circle?

ekhybrid
26-08-2007, 03:30 PM
as title states
no jibber jabber please :thumbsup:
thnx!

revNhevN
26-08-2007, 06:39 PM
False

Limbo
27-08-2007, 02:22 AM
no caster is enable you to grip better when the car is turning due to the angle it sets the tyre. It will have nominal effect on turning circle, if any
If you want better turning circle you need to adjust the steering rack

panda[cRx]
27-08-2007, 07:45 AM
no caster is enable you to grip better when the car is turning due to the angle it sets the tyre. It will have nominal effect on turning circle, if any

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ekhybrid
28-08-2007, 01:16 AM
thnx for the replies

reason i ask is bcoz
my mate with another ek has a smaller turning circle than my 1
and i cant figure out y
and from the eye, it looked like he had more positve castor so i was thinking could that be the case?
:confused::confused::confused:

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 11:09 AM
is it the other car an ek4 too?

not sure if the ek1's have different racks

Limbo
11-10-2007, 11:03 PM
pretty sure the ek1s do, cos my friend is able to do a u-turn on my street where as i cannot.

P.S Claymore, I take your point, when i 'adjusted' mine i used the inner part of the rack which was shorter and then used my original arms, that's how i adjusted mine before.

BTw... you do know that there is a reason that your performance car has a larger turning circle, are you sure you wanna adjust the rack? I went to a shorter turning rack not the other way round.

bennjamin
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
increasing castor , increases bump steer and turn in, Wont effect turning circle at all. (it will make your front rims RUB at full lock tho lol) i dont think a car in the world has adjustable castor , it is done by a kit altering the lower control arm in some way ( washers or end bushes etc)

bennjamin
14-10-2007, 05:01 PM
You are too young to remember but MOST cars in the 60-70-80's had adjustable castor before the advent of strut type suspension.

you are correcto , I cant recall last night let alone years before my birth lol.
To be exact , current model cars do not have adjustable castor or camber , only adjustable TOE :)