PDA

View Full Version : Gearbox advice for DC2R

code-87
26-08-2007, 08:04 PM
hey guys n gals
ive got a DC2R teggy which has had a gearbox put in a year ago by previous owner.not sure if it is a type r box or not.
ive got sticky synchros n the box has had a hard life id say as being n ex track car.not sure bout the diff but it might need a checking over.
im looking at only doing lightish mods, I/H/E but am looking at lowering my final diff ratio.
the box has a problem when dropping from 4th back to 3rd n dropping the clutch theres a bang.
gotta get the problem fixed but starting to consider
*get a new type r box/diff if needed
*rebuild my currernt set-up
*look at aftermarket box/diff

can anyone offer advice on these, prices if uve done it etc etc i would normally find out what the banging prob is n fix it but with sticky synchros n possibly more problems i don't kno if its worth my time

Zilli
26-08-2007, 08:12 PM
its hard to find someone who can really rebuild a gearbox to spec prperly, and when you do its gonna cost you an arm and a leg, probably better off trying to find a second hand box mate

code-87
26-08-2007, 08:19 PM
isnt that guna have the same probs this 2nd hand box is having???
is it worth looking at aftermarket boxes?

Zilli
26-08-2007, 08:22 PM
its possible, the rate at which your gearbox deteriorates is largely due to maintenance and the way you use it...

you can look at aftermarket boxes if you got truckloads of cash lying around...

code-87
26-08-2007, 08:31 PM
i don't have truckloads of cash, let alone a wallet full
so i guess an aftermarket box is outta the question

turbo convert
27-08-2007, 11:11 AM
look for a second hand dc2r box that is what i did, pm Hondar from jdmconcept that is where i got mine from:wave:

code-87
27-08-2007, 09:21 PM
^^^ how much did urs set u back if u don't mind me asking?

turbo convert
28-08-2007, 09:00 AM
80% spoon box was around the 2k mark