PDA

View Full Version : Activating V-tec?

Globby
26-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey peeps!I've got a few Q's here.Is Vtec=Vti?i've just bought my 96 Civic Vti, i presume it is an EK.Can i activate the Vtec?if so, how do i do it?Thanks peeps!

dupac->
26-08-2007, 09:15 PM
96 vti? coupe??

manual or auto?

lol u dont activate it..

let someone find the link on how it works..

vti = SOHC Vtec

SHIFTY
26-08-2007, 09:17 PM
press the red button :)

lol, jokes!

it is activated by a solenoid, that once enough oil pressure is built up can be activated when it hits the desired rpm that the higher cam changes over and this proses is called vtec y0!

Rivic
26-08-2007, 09:23 PM
hit the limiter, on the way there ul hit the tec hehe ;)

Q_ball
26-08-2007, 09:31 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42

Read up on some of the threads in the Knowledge base (above) as well as the civic forum - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30977 and http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72623

NightKids
27-08-2007, 05:09 AM
Oh no i feel this going into one of those Honda joke threads

Globby
27-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Its a sedan actually....i've seen this guy ram up the rpm...well he claimed to be activating v-tec?He even said that you can lower the rpm in order to activate it and all i need to do is take the car to a workshop and change it?What do u guys think?Cheers!

Kiz_EG6
27-08-2007, 08:20 AM
press the red button :)

lol, jokes!

it is activated by a solenoid, that once enough oil pressure is built up can be activated when it hits the desired rpm that the higher cam changes over and this proses is called vtec y0!

Trying to be a lil too textbook mate, how do you think the "higher" cam changes over on a SOHC engine?!?
VTEC does a lot more than that, what you are describing is basically the simple workings of most traditional twin cam or double overhead engines...

Kiz_EG6
27-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Its a sedan actually....i've seen this guy ram up the rpm...well he claimed to be activating v-tec?He even said that you can lower the rpm in order to activate it and all i need to do is take the car to a workshop and change it?What do u guys think?Cheers!

I do not understand, VTEC is activated at a certain RPM regardless.
You can get something called a VTEC controller to adjust the changeover point, but there is really no point on a stock D16 motor!!

Again... SEARCH function, this has all been covered a million times!!

DUST
27-08-2007, 09:26 AM
This guy is taking the piss i bet. :zip:

kazam
27-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Can i activate the Vtec?if so, how do i do it?

can i please quote that for my sig? coz thats just 2 funny hahahaha

IZY-10
27-08-2007, 11:10 AM
give him a break he is only new. Good way to make him feel welcomed:thumbdwn:

eG_YoDa
27-08-2007, 12:58 PM
I do not understand, VTEC is activated at a certain RPM regardless.
You can get something called a VTEC controller to adjust the changeover point, but there is really no point on a stock D16 motor!!

Again... SEARCH function, this has all been covered a million times!!

vtec DOES NOT ALWAYS turn on at certain RPM. it depends on oil pressure and engine temp too. more often then not, the stock vtec point is usually the best point so no point lowering it to make it "kick" in earlier.

Joeyboy
27-08-2007, 01:40 PM
can i please quote that for my sig? coz thats just 2 funny hahahaha

not if i beat u to it, lol

J-TODA
27-08-2007, 01:45 PM
press the warning hazzards light on ur dash... once ur indicators start to flash it means it is activated.. make sure u ONLY!! enable this on the track... once enabled it iwll beat almost any car... ferrari...porche 911turbo..... basically ull have a 9sec car in ur hands .....LMAO!!

Kiz_EG6
27-08-2007, 03:15 PM
vtec DOES NOT ALWAYS turn on at certain RPM. it depends on oil pressure and engine temp too. more often then not, the stock vtec point is usually the best point so no point lowering it to make it "kick" in earlier.

Yeah, true, when i was playing with my emanage, you have three throttle points from memory, which you can program in, so that say you hit 5 grand at 50% throttle, it will not, but at 80% it will!
Though i was unaware that they were tuned like that from factory, i thought it just had one pre set changeover point.

I know that if i revved up out of gear without the emanage, you could not hear the vtec engage, but once i put it on you could!!

Also as you state, the car has to warm up to a certain temperature before it will let vtec engage, this protects excessive engine wear!!

VtiKid
27-08-2007, 03:31 PM
lol u guyz are killing this kid we all didnt noe much bout vtec's at one stage.. douchebagz lol

steve88
27-08-2007, 03:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/casmira/Vtc_nazi.jpg

Barge Ass
27-08-2007, 04:53 PM
You need to ring up the VTEC hotline on 1800 VTECYOYO and give them your VIN.

OMG.JAI xD
27-08-2007, 06:18 PM
vtec is vtec .. -.-

gosh i think we all get the point.

vtec is (in simple terms) letting more air in at certain RPM at workiing temp.
and yes it can be controlled by an aftermarket ecu or some sort of that .. like the VAFC. (dont wanna call a computer cause then people might start bitching again)

vtec cant realli be controlled all the time.
its more of a setting.
depending on the life of your engine. wear, damage, etc etc, just like all vehicle components, it can always vary.

vtec is vtec.
dotn need to brag about this n that. leave it as it is.
and wen people say .. hear the vtec kick in? or hear the vtec? or look im gonna activate the vtec.
its just basically reaching that rpm vtec kicks in.
watch the youtube video on vtec and youll undertstand so much more.

this forum can be helpful wen you want it to be.
but as you can tell sometimes its a bitch.

bt goodluck with your vtec.
got some power under your hood there .. careful lol

xenonkuraz
27-08-2007, 06:23 PM
got some power under your hood there .. careful lol

SOHC :D lol

cristian
27-08-2007, 06:38 PM
give him a break he is only new. Good way to make him feel welcomed:thumbdwn:

i rekon aye...

noob threads were made for these questions guys...not for u to make fun of...like this thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73212

Q_ball
27-08-2007, 06:46 PM
To all those that are posting shit instead of helping, or directing the thread starter to a place where he can find the right information, dont be surprised if u get neg reps!

OMG.JAI xD
27-08-2007, 07:45 PM
SOHC :D lol

SHHH i said VTEC IS VTEC >:[

lol

dc2dc2dc2
27-08-2007, 07:48 PM
this has been covered so many times.

why is it even still open.

Nikki
27-08-2007, 08:00 PM
in before close

*hopes meltal_12 will be in before close lol*

|N|
27-08-2007, 08:10 PM
u guys sacred him away ....

maybe try lookin at howstuffworks.com to give u some idea.. good place to start...

but no.. dont take ur car in a workshop to change things like that... they ll just rip u off...

if u need more basic info... search... there a lot of useful info here...

albii
27-08-2007, 08:25 PM
You can hook up to activate it to your central locking.
Unlock the car and vtec turned on.

dc2dc2dc2
27-08-2007, 08:32 PM
some of u guys are REALLY asking for negative rep.

i am tempted to hand out some right now.

kazam
27-08-2007, 08:34 PM
lol not me i hope :)

EuroAccord13
27-08-2007, 09:25 PM
+ Rep to QBall..

It's not hard doing a Google search on how VTEC, VVTL-i, D-TEC, Whatever TEC Works....

CLOSED

kazam
27-08-2007, 09:26 PM
u 4got 2 close