PDA

View Full Version : What type of wheel nut?

Ericx
27-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I was wondering what sort of wheel nut would fit for this wheel. It would be going into a dc2 with dc2r brake conversion. My friend and I tried putting the normal wheel nut with the acorn head and it doesn't fit. Can anyone give me advice on what sort of wheel nut to use?

panda[cRx]
27-08-2007, 11:16 AM
at the high end rays should fit coz you use the key thing to undo them

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/twincamtech/raysext1.jpg

otherwise you will need something like those locknuts where the locknut key fits in the middle of the locknut (inside out kinda thing). there aren't as many brands that do that style but your local tyre supplier should have a cheap chrome plated set

XP02ED
27-08-2007, 12:32 PM
any1 got specs on the rays?

the diamtere of the bottom middle and top?

panda[cRx]
27-08-2007, 12:50 PM
i just realised i misread the question, however my first reply still answers the question :p

most aftermarket rims require aftermarket nuts, the heads are straight opposed to 'acorn' shaped.

anyways they're volk/rays rims so dont be cheap, just wack some rays on it :D

DUST
27-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Isit me or does the rays lock nuts look abit dodgey. The only difference between the rays wheel nuts and rays lock nuts is that the lock nut only has a slit in them for the lock nut key. So it means i can get a wrench and undo both the wheel nut and lock nut with no problem then... so why would i need a Rays lock nut key for?

I hope someone understand what im talking about...

mrwillz
27-08-2007, 02:29 PM
simetimes the normal nuts wont even fit into the stud hole
that rim studs size looks ok for rays etc

some u mite haf to revert to using allen key type slim nuts

panda[cRx]
27-08-2007, 02:32 PM
Isit me or does the rays lock nuts look abit dodgey. The only difference between the rays wheel nuts and rays lock nuts is that the lock nut only has a slit in them for the lock nut key. So it means i can get a wrench and undo both the wheel nut and lock nut with no problem then... so why would i need a Rays lock nut key for?

same goes for 99.9% of all lock nuts. they are more of a deterent than anything.

eKKy
27-08-2007, 04:05 PM
If you can find spline drive nuts, they'd fit the smaller holes.

teg94
27-08-2007, 04:08 PM
he needs to get 20mm wide or less nutz that are 12x1.5 to fit the smaller size holes. does anyone know where to find these lug nuts from? Most likely some sort of nuts that dont have an acorn at the end.

STTICH
28-08-2007, 02:40 PM

the Rays lock nut hav 7 sides including the tiny slit u mentioned. so no, normal wrench with 6 sides (hexagon) cant really undo the lock nuts.

;1315746']at the high end rays should fit coz you use the key thing to undo them

and lawz, they key thing that comes along in the Rays lugs packages is only used for the lock nuts. incase u havnt figured out :)

DUST
28-08-2007, 02:59 PM
the Rays lock nut hav 7 sides including the tiny slit u mentioned. so no, normal wrench with 6 sides (hexagon) cant really undo the lock nuts.

Oh serious? so it has 7 sides? dam im gonna go have a count on my Rays wheel nuts then. I really thought the Rays wheel nuts and lock nuts were the same shape lol. But wrench with 7 sides can undo the lock nuts... :confused:

I will comfirm that soon :thumbsup:

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 03:02 PM

and lawz, they key thing that comes along in the Rays lugs packages is only used for the lock nuts. incase u havnt figured out :)

i have rays and it came with 2, one for locknuts and one for normal :wave:

STTICH
28-08-2007, 03:09 PM
u must have the long type? Rays shorts comes wth one socket and tats only for the lock nut :)

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 03:19 PM
correcto!

eug4emi
28-08-2007, 03:46 PM
what after market lock nuts will fit the fn2?

Cheerrs

Ericx
28-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Anyone know where I can find some bargain Rays nuts?

NightKids
13-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Can anyone recommend another brand of lugs apart from Rays? The reason being.... Rays are quite expensive!

DreadAngel
13-06-2008, 04:18 PM
BUMP FROM THE DEAD!!!

Anyway most of the major JDM Wheel Brands offer Lugs, Rays, Works, 5Zigen, etc

NightKids
13-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Yeah i've had a look at the Muteki range & the blue is this ugly shiny bling bling blue, doesn't look very nice. But i might have to settle for that.

Elwood
13-06-2008, 04:36 PM
I bought Buddyclub lugnuts for my Buddyclub rims.

:)