PDA

View Full Version : rattle from glovebox?

take_no_prisoners
27-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi guys, picked up a new rattle today. Definately coming from the passengers side although contrary to the title, I don't think it's from the glovebox. Sounds more like from inside the engine bay, it's like a vibrating noise which is very obvious when you hit the gas. Anybody know a home fix?

EuroDude
27-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Are you sure its not just something in a compartment? i.e. sunglasses in the sunglass holder, coins in the coin holder, and object in the door holders?
Sometimes the rattle sound sounds like its coming from one location, but its actually coming from somewhere else due to the sound ricocheting around the cabin.
Hop in the passenger seat and get someone to drive the car, and have a listen. It may sound like its coming from the drivers side now :p

Have a look at these existing threads:
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35075&highlight=rattle
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71313&highlight=rattle
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47365&highlight=rattle

take_no_prisoners
27-08-2007, 10:29 PM
none of those, and all compartments are empty..
becomes real loud past 3000rpm :S

Looks like a dealer job to get done with my sqeaking seat. Only problem is the fact it'll take ages before I can get an appointment and they won't give me a car for the day..

Pumped
28-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Try pushing on the glovebox when the rattle starts
ive got a rattle coming from the glovebox and when you hold the glovebox it stops..
might help isolate it.
or its possible its coming from the A pillar another spot ive had rattles :|

take_no_prisoners
28-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Try pushing on the glovebox when the rattle starts
ive got a rattle coming from the glovebox and when you hold the glovebox it stops..
might help isolate it.
or its possible its coming from the A pillar another spot ive had rattles :|

I'll try that sometime (when I find someone who can drive MT while I sit in the passenger seat :cool:) I don't think it's the A pillar either, I had that on drivers side, they fixed that and said it was something in the handle?

Nice rims btw, any more pics :D

Pumped
28-08-2007, 10:52 AM
With mine whilst driving just use your left hand to push the glove box in, doesnt even have to be hard
My glovebox doesnt really line up perfect and if you push it in so its flush with the dash how it should sit the rattle stops :p

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 11:14 AM
rattle from glovebox inside the engine bay?.....okaaaaay

LT178
28-08-2007, 12:00 PM
I've found that locking the glovebox helps a bit...at least in my car it did.

take_no_prisoners
28-08-2007, 08:53 PM
;1317504']rattle from glovebox inside the engine bay?.....okaaaaay

Sounds sort of inbetween the two. My glovebox doesn't fit flush on the right hand side, but it doesn't seem to be the problem..

power_of_dreams
25-09-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah, I beleive I have this same problem from 3000rpm onwards. Took it in to dealership today, they said it's not the glovebox, definately from engine bay. They beleive the car is no longer under warranty because they beleive the radiator and battery have been removed or something like that. Not good.

aaronng
25-09-2007, 11:46 AM
yeah, I beleive I have this same problem from 3000rpm onwards. Took it in to dealership today, they said it's not the glovebox, definately from engine bay. They beleive the car is no longer under warranty because they beleive the radiator and battery have been removed or something like that. Not good.

They can't void your warranty from removing and replacing the battery. The radiator is another thing, but if a radiator repair was done properly, they can't void it. Did you remove your radiator?

power_of_dreams
25-09-2007, 12:32 PM
They beleive the car may have been in an accident. The car was purchased used and no such faults were found in the roadworthy inspection, so it was quite a shock when he told me the news. The serviceman said something along the lines as "radiator and battery appear to have been removed, radiator has splattered liquid onto surroundings, and inside of wheel arch has scratches". He seems pretty confident an accident has occured. It's still vague to me, but I beleive he said the radiator etc are fine at the moment, but because he beleives the buzzing rattle is due to an accident, warranty will not cover it. I told him not to go any further as they will start charging standard labour fees to fix the rattle. I will find what exactly is making the noise and what evidence he has to beleive the car has been in an accident later. Will most likely take the car to an independent mechanic tommorow and get his views on the issue.

crinchi
25-09-2007, 03:51 PM
i have the same problem.... when i floor it.... but i think its the new diy intake that had been put into my car....