PDA

View Full Version : [Euro] Light in Glovebox compartment

pxrnm
28-08-2007, 11:57 AM
This is interesting since the one who can realise it is the person at the back seat (when it's dark + turn the tacho light on) - by nodding your head a little bit you can see lights escapes from the compartment's tiny openings.

I found out that the light in the glove's compartment is always on when you turn the light (headlights/tacho) on, is this normal?

I thought glove compartment light should be on only when you open the compartment and off when you close it back.

Cheers,

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 12:54 PM
yes it is just activated by the headlights, there is no other switches in the glovebox or glovebox latch

Zilli
28-08-2007, 01:09 PM
is this the same for the DC2R? as my light doesnt turn on anymore, neither does the ashtrays? are they LED's or globes that need replacing?

Pumped
28-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Its like that in case someone gets locked inside the glove box so they can see where they are

markCivicVti
28-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Its like that in case someone gets locked inside the glove box so they can see where they are

HAHAHA. Nice one.

What can you say, it happens.

Pumped
28-08-2007, 03:47 PM
lol, seems silly though

most other cars have a simple button and when the glove box is closed it turns the light off, would cost all of about 2 cents for honda to put in?

panda[cRx]
28-08-2007, 04:16 PM
what does it matter? live with it
have you honestly even noticed before?

Pumped
28-08-2007, 04:17 PM
all the time, probably cause along with the light being on the glovebox doesnt line up very well

pxrnm
28-08-2007, 04:44 PM
well i noticed it last saturday for the first time, but still you know it's EURO and it's pretty cheap to have something like that happen. oh well, as long as I know it's not just my car alone.