PDA

View Full Version : Accessing Fog lamps with factory body kit

Min988
28-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey guys I got a new set of H9 bulbs for my foglamps and I'm having trouble gaining access to change the bulbs behind the foglamps because of the factory body kit (2003), is there any other method ie. taking the fog lamp out maybe... if so how do I do it? *cough cough aarong save me. :o The honda manual is useless :(... Thanks in advance.

yfin
28-08-2007, 08:59 PM
I am 99% sure the manual in your glovebox shows how to change the fog light bulbs. You do it from under the car by removing the plastic aero cover and you reach up and pull out the globe.

yfin
28-08-2007, 09:01 PM
By the way the factory body kit has nothing to do with the fog lights - it is just a lip.

Min988
28-08-2007, 09:03 PM
I can't seem to pull that plastic flap downwards like its shown in the manual :S

yfin
28-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I can't seem to pull that plastic flap downwards like its shown in the manual :S

I dont have my euro anymore but from memory there are 3 sections of the plastic covers under the front of the car - you only need to get to the corner sections. If all else fails just unscrew all of those plastic aero covers - it only takes a few minutes to put back on.

Min988
28-08-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the help, looks like I'll be undoing every screw and nut in sight its become a weekend job for me now.

kman2k
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
It only take about 5 mins or less to replace the Fog light bulb. Only 1 screw on each light (use Phillips head screwdriver or 10mm socket .... ) ... the screw is from the side not beneath the fog light. Make sure use your hand (or 2 fingers) hold on to the screw when unscrew it... if the screw drop down it very hard to find.

Also the bulb for fog light is H11 ...you still can use the H9 but need to cut some plastic off (see here http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59500&highlight=euro+fog)

J-TODA
04-09-2007, 11:28 AM
urghhh i dont get it?? y dont u jst take of the front bar?? not realli certain about the 03 model however the 06 one... its attatched to the front bar... jst take it off...cahnge bulbs...reconnect power source and re attach the front bar..

however best to have a mate or two to lend a hand in taking off and puttin back on the front bar...

Min988
04-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Cheers guys, yeah thats what I've had to do unscrew the fog lamp out after seeing a diagram heaps easier than fiddling around with the aero covers.

mleung
04-09-2007, 08:31 PM
The OEM front lip screws under the top of the aero cover under the car.

Hence when you unscrew it the front lip will move too...

You can unscrew the one underneath the front axle though and if you arms are skinny enough you can still reach in...