PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust question

locodave
29-08-2007, 03:19 PM
Been reading your threads, did the search :P

Found that you tube clip very interesting!

How much does the Mugen and J's Exhaust add to the wheels?

J's exhaust sounds nice, but im assuming it will be too loud for NSW :P

And roughly how much are they?

Andw0o
29-08-2007, 11:00 PM
im assuming ur talking abt the J's corp. special? from the youtube clip?
i havnt seen anyone with that; dont even know if its legal to have on a s2k. is it a RR or a RS? can anyone confirm.

realisitically speaking; s2k exhausts arnt the cheapest.
id say they'd set u back atleast 2k; and can go up depending on material used. the top end material/brand to 4k.

as for power gain; honda has tuned the s2k to its maximum effciency; you are not going to get any real gains for this kinda money. heres a post on s2ki with buddyclub spec exhaust:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=514746

the gains were 5kw, and considering the price u might second thing the change. but mind u After market exhaust weight anywhere between 7-11kgs where as the OEM exhuast weighs 25kgs...

just a thought; how long have you had the car? why not just drive it as it is for a while get used to the power and then change a few things; you would probably notice the change more if u had the car for a while. but yeh
Long story short; its not going to be cheap modifying the s2k; personally i think it was never made to be modified; if honda did anything right, it was the s2k from the factory its impeccable.

just my 2c

locodave
30-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Yea i think i willl just keep it stock! Maybe an intake :P

Just to get a bit more noise!

chicken8
30-08-2007, 09:28 AM
take the airbox cover off

thats all you need

Andw0o
31-08-2007, 09:50 AM
second that; but do it on a cold day.
you will feel as if you've lost power on a warm/hot day

if possible take the car for a warm up with the airbox on; in the early mornings; say a good 15 mins to get the engine pumped and warmed. then take the airbox cover off and let the engine roar; you will notice a tone difference and possibly a bit more pull out of the 2.0lt beast.

ludecrs
31-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Pfft. Too many people here are too tight arsed to spend money on their car. If you wanna mod it, fkn do it, and don't think what if. Its much more rewarding.

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/3274594d.jpg

WhiteAP1
31-08-2007, 12:09 PM
when it comes to taking the lid off the air box, it will sound louder but ud be pushing not to lose any power let alone see/feel a gain. ull gain some noise but lose drivability its as simple as that

Andw0o
31-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Pfft. Too many people here are too tight arsed to spend money on their car. If you wanna mod it, fkn do it, and don't think what if. Its much more rewarding.

http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/3274594d.jpg

LOLOLOL
mate we all love your car; and yeh we are all thightasses. this is ozhonda; the majority of ozhonda (minus this section of s2000/nsx) are younger adults. thats why they are cheap ahaha.
However i agree; get everything; friggen love your ap2 conversion. looks hawwtttt :thumbsup:

WhiteAP1
01-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah the head/tail lights look good. When u get the front and rear bars on then u'll be cooking with gas. Those fog lights just never did it for me.

I think after i get a decent ECU i'll make a start on the AP2 conversion too. (unless i decide to go FI lol) The glass window would be a good investment and the more i look at the AP1s the more they're starting to look dated. Then again there are some really tired and run down examples out there these days.

Anyway im sure u'll keep us posted.

integrity
01-09-2007, 07:39 PM
well open box is a big loss in power

VTEC feels like it take ages to engage

especially on a warm to hot day

ludecrs
01-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah the head/tail lights look good. When u get the front and rear bars on then u'll be cooking with gas. Those fog lights just never did it for me.

I think after i get a decent ECU i'll make a start on the AP2 conversion too. (unless i decide to go FI lol) The glass window would be a good investment and the more i look at the AP1s the more they're starting to look dated. Then again there are some really tired and run down examples out there these days.

Anyway im sure u'll keep us posted.

The rear bar has to stay, or else my backordered J's diffuser won't fit!

But for the past 2 months I've been seriously contemplating changing to the AP2 front bar and mugen lip for a cleaner look.

Don't get me wrong, I like the fogs, but my tastes have slightly changed of late. It won't be happening anytime soon anyway - and if I do decide to do it, I'll be putting a Veilside rear lip wing on too.

ATM, my focus is the diffuser, my new headers and test pipe, finding an AP2 right hand side headlight, getting a glass roof, and a few other goodies.... These will keep me entertained til Christmas.

I'd love to do gears in the short term future too, but funds / house deposit are starting to weigh up.... much like the Vortech S/c I so badly want. If only we could pay the same the US do for FI, I'd have done it long ago.... :(

I agree with the AP1 look dating long ago, esp the tailights and when the car doesn't have a lip of any kind - OEM or aftermarket.

Andw0o
02-09-2007, 12:42 AM
ahahahah
ludecrs loves your cars is the bees knees of cars.
and whiteap1 im sure you'll figure out which way to go *cou - FI - gh*
loli just wanna see one done lol; but back onto topic; pretty sure the question was pretty much answred lol.

WhiteAP1
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
AP2 front bar, Js racing diffuser and veilside spoiler. Man you got some interesting taste there, whatever floats ure boat.

ludecrs
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
I been meaning to ask ya, how'd you find the Toda Headers?

Any decent gains? Getting mine put on next Friday with a before and after dyno.... Doubt it'll get more than 10hp over a stock S tho. haha.

ludecrs
04-09-2007, 08:40 PM
ahahahah
ludecrs loves your cars is the bees knees of cars.
and whiteap1 im sure you'll figure out which way to go *cou - FI - gh*
loli just wanna see one done lol; but back onto topic; pretty sure the question was pretty much answred lol.

LOL, thanks, but really my car is nothing in comparision to what is out there, esp in the US market.

The reason why I made the just do it comment is because its not just OH; its people on S2ki too - like Beaver. They ask you 30 questions in PM, and wanna do this, and wanna do that; talk the talk, but don't ever do shit, then are happy to be two faced backstabbing ****s and go back to OT trashtalking and slandering you on the forum when infact they themselves are nothing more than a worseless piece of shit you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire - infact you'd take greater happiness in fueling the fire with another 10L jerry can filled with methanol.

WhiteAP1
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
headers arnt too bad a little more up top can be felt after instilation, but they really shine after a tune. it helps out with a smooth A/F mix

Andw0o
06-09-2007, 01:57 AM
LOL, thanks, but really my car is nothing in comparision to what is out there, esp in the US market.

The reason why I made the just do it comment is because its not just OH; its people on S2ki too - like Beaver. They ask you 30 questions in PM, and wanna do this, and wanna do that; talk the talk, but don't ever do shit, then are happy to be two faced backstabbing ****s and go back to OT trashtalking and slandering you on the forum when infact they themselves are nothing more than a worseless piece of shit you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire - infact you'd take greater happiness in fueling the fire with another 10L jerry can filled with methanol.

i was at work when i read that. gave me the laugh of the night
ahahahah
lots of bottled up anger there ay? ahahahaha
but yeh the US market sure does have some nice once; seen em on s2ki, although they also have some really ugly ones.. but i guess its all in the eye of the beholder. urs i love it lol.