PDA

View Full Version : intake for dc2r

gheybo
29-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi all

I am just wondering what intake the dc2r owners uses as i am considering in purchasing a mugen intake. Can someone tell me what they think of the mugen intake?

The result i'm after is performance gain, which gives you that little more push, not necessary has to be loud.

thanks all in advance

PaZzMaN-R
29-08-2007, 05:39 PM
mugen intake is the best intake for the dc2r. your best bet is to ask on www.clubitr.com.au

Jamezy
29-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Injen or AEM make good CAI's for dc2R also gruppe M makes carbon fibre intakes for dc2r those intakes wont let you down in tuning :thumbsup:

have a read in this thread

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42865

Dy_
29-08-2007, 08:36 PM
800 - 900$ for intake? :S

jason just buy my knn filter LOL

gambate
29-08-2007, 10:10 PM
err, isnt factory airbox already tuned to a proper frequency for best air intake resonance? just use a good aftermarket drop in filter to minimise pressure drop..

Zilli
29-08-2007, 10:53 PM
i use an Injen... no complaints, only positives

hai
29-08-2007, 11:49 PM
dude its gonna cost you quiet abit.. for them mugen one's

gimmee $300 bucks i'll make you a getto one, also you could also buy them mugen stickers n' stick'em on.. lol

ahh well good luck

Mr_Dc2aRgh
30-08-2007, 12:53 AM
If i were you i'd go for injen. As for myself i went for the injen and had no regrets. You do notice some power gains with the injen cai and vtec screams louder. I dunno about the mugen airbox but i do know they come at a great price. lol I personally think that you mugens expensive cos your paying for the name. Just like buying Gucci clothes.

xtercii
30-08-2007, 09:31 AM
I've had both injen and mugen for my type r engine, mugen gives you amazing low to mid response compared to injen (that's comparing injen tuned with power fc vs untuned mugen), however I couldn't really tell the difference on top end (again once the mugen is tuned, it might be different). On the drags mugen didn't seem to give me an edge in terms of terminal speed...

LAGOOT
30-08-2007, 09:35 AM
all you injen CAI guys, how do you find driving in moderate to heavy rain?

Zilli
30-08-2007, 10:00 AM
i think the hydrolock issue is a sitation that people buy into without thinking of how a hydrolock situation can happen...

Mine sits behind my front bumper (front right blinker) and above the splash guard which has ventialtion holes in it from the factory. I would calculate that the bottom of the filter is above 5-6inches off the ground AT LEAST. If you were to drive through a puddle 8 inches tall, when you are driving through it the water isnt going to get a chance to flow through the holes in the cotton filter as it will usually be deflected by the bumper. If you are stupid enough to go into a 8 inch puddle and stop, part of your filter will eventually have water in it due to the water level in the puddle. if you are then stupid enough to rev the shit out of your car you are going to get water up the intake which will go into your motor (in a small quantity) which will probably cause your car to stall.

If however, you were stupid enough to drive through a puddle which is about15-20 inches deep, then you are COMPLETELY covering your filter in water which means you are DEFINITELY pulling in LARGE volumes of water into your motor, and probably in the process writing off your car because water will begin to fill your interior... at this point...move the fish away from under your legs, reach under the seat, grab the 9mm and shoot yourself in the head because your a moron...

What i'm trying to say is, the only reason one would get hydrolock is because they are stupid, or freakishly unlucky.

code-87
31-08-2007, 10:31 AM
has anyone got any pics of the injen CAI?