PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust on a budget - Is it worth it?

94dc2tegz
29-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Hey guys, just wondering what ur thoughts on this is.
I have a integra VTiR and not a load of money what I wish to pour onto the car.
Anyways, been thinking of upgrading the full exhaust setup for a while now have a pretty good idea what I want.
I'm thinking Xforce all the way 4-2-1 header, high flow cat and cat back with twin loop all 2.25" stainless steel.
The reason i picked this is because I want performance and I've read that Xforce is bang for ya buck. I'm going for the all round gain's as I figure u can't speed all the time and vtec is good enough for the top speed it's just getting there that's annoying. I also do realise that yes most of the power is coming form the header and that I really should invest into this part more than anything since catback quality is minimalistic in the whole sense.
I was tossing up between getting a more expensive header but decided it's not worth it and will settle for this set-up or nothing at all.
Cutting to the chase now, guy at the shop said that I'll be looking at a 8kW gain from this kinda setup. Now my question to you guys is... is this really worth it? I mean, I dun really know wat 8kW feels like but it does sound a lil crap for the amount of money it's guna cost to obtain. Yes, i could get more from better products but hey, i could also buy a better car so yea.

To sum it up: To go Xforce full exhaust or leave as stock? That is the question.

I appreciate ur feed back.

-Ivan

Mr_Dc2aRgh
30-08-2007, 12:43 AM
If your engine is completely stock then leave the exhaust stock. If you've upgraded on your cams or going forced induction then exhaust is recommended otherwise you'll be wasting your money. Yes there will be power gains but did they mention that you could lose torque with a stock engine. My oppinion is leaving the exhaust and save more money for cams.

EG30
30-08-2007, 05:22 AM
how about a dc2r 4-2-1 AUDM factory header which you can pick up pretty cheap used in this forum, along with the dc2r cat and the rest from the same car or a 2.25" press bend mild steel job with straight thru muffler such as Lukey?

apparently the X force header makes less gain than the JDM dc2r 4-1 header though looks very neat.

Jon_51
30-08-2007, 11:06 AM
what sort of condition is your old exhaust in?
if it isn't broken ...

Zilli
30-08-2007, 11:20 AM
how about a dc2r 4-2-1 AUDM factory header which you can pick up pretty cheap used in this forum, along with the dc2r cat and the rest from the same car or a 2.25" press bend mild steel job with straight thru muffler such as Lukey?

apparently the X force header makes less gain than the JDM dc2r 4-1 header though looks very neat.

wow, thats interesting... got a link for this info mate?

aydo14
31-08-2007, 03:09 PM
the main rule when moding a dc2 is simple
the intake for a stock dc2 is prety restrictive of air flow, so all you need to worry about increasing power for a b18c, is increasing air flow and also allowing more flow out of the cylinders.

all you need to do to get a decent amount of power out of your teg is
-cai
-exhaust system (dc2r headers are fine) , so like a xforce b pipe and cat etc
-ecu (depends on you)

not much need for an upgraded intake manifold

all your doing is increasing air inflow and outflow which is obvious
you should gain about 6-8 kw atw, there is a massive difference, you will certainly feel it and hear it!

94dc2tegz
01-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, well i've been thinking about getting a 2nd hand ITR header.
Are all ITR headers going to give me more gain than a new Xforce header or only the ITR 4-1 will be better than a Xforce 4-2-1?
Anyways, if anyone could give me some comparisons between the various ITR and Xforce headers.
Thanx