PDA

View Full Version : Hardstyle, Hard trance, Hard dance, electro.. best audio equipment?

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Hey was wondering if anyone on here loves their hard dance etc and what audio equipment they would recommend for banging sound like i know rnb, rap and hiphop heads like their 15inch subs etc but what about for hardstyle, hard trance and stuff i've listened to it on a few subs and it didnt really sound that good, can anyone recommend some decent speakers maybe that will do the job?

solitz
30-08-2007, 08:52 AM
do u have a given budget or is the sky the limit with this setup?..i dont want to sound like a total ass but thing is that we can recommend any type of components that can cater to what u listen to...we just need a rough fig so we can work around it coz the best audio equip costs heaps ><

just make sure u get some quality amps (alpine,focal, DD, hertz etc)..in ur accord maybe a decent 4ch amp for the internal speakers then a good mono to pump the sub (alpine, DD,etc)

do u ahve a headunit atm or u gonna use the stock headunit with LOC?

speaker wise
splits in the front (most money shuld be spent here...so id recommend focal, hertz, JL, alpine type R)
coaxials in the back(~$150 only)
sub in the boot..id stick with a good 12" sub rather than some crap 15.

the best advice i can give...go to the the actual stores and audtion the speakers themselves...then try and find some cars that ahve that equipment installed in them..coz it is one thing to listen to them on the audition board (position you in the best postion for audio testing) then listening to them in the car

SPEEDCORE
30-08-2007, 10:17 AM
To OP.. I know what you mean. I have a couple dj mates up here in Bris..

One plays hard trance/NRG/UK Hard and some gabber.. while the other spins your harder dnb.... jungle if you will.

I love all of it equally but the sound is totally different and I guess a happy medium needs to be acheived .... punchy bass with good response vs no issue if there is a little drone/muddling of the bass for dnb/jungle.

While I'm not heaps cluey on systems... I would have to agree with solitz about the 12" vs 15". I'd consider two 10" also.

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah i've heard maybe even 10" because it can keep up with bass more or something? my budget would be around $1000 for speakers,amps,sub and around $1000 for headunit because i want a DVD screen head unit

Twincam16
30-08-2007, 12:53 PM
12" is way to go... tune it up well!

And some quality 6" splits are needed!

crx_boy7
30-08-2007, 01:09 PM
no..!
go 10z
trust me, iv had 15nz,12z n 10z
and even the 12z lag with havd nrg beatz???
i cant stress this enough!!!
iv u also want volume buy 4 10nz,
but 2 will give u heaps if u get good brands

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah iam thinking of going with mainly alpine and pioneer mainly because i get really good prices from Ebay America with those brands, so what splits and 6x9's you guys recommend?

i was thinking about these alpine type R for the front two splits http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Alpine-Type-R-SPR-17S-6-5-Inch-2-Way-Component-Speaker_W0QQitemZ190143342833QQihZ009QQcategoryZ13 0673QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
these for 6x9's http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-TS-D901P-PREMIER-6x9-350W-CAR-SPEAKERS-NEW-PAIR_W0QQitemZ120156281355QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14942 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
give us some brands, spec's model numbers on an amp to power these bitches up :)

crx_boy7
30-08-2007, 02:00 PM
i had a crx with 6 10nz, 5 amps splits ect
absolute best setup iv ever had/heard

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 02:00 PM
lol iam not after something that extreme :P maybe one day ;)

omgitsmatt
30-08-2007, 05:34 PM
go alpine over pioneer, mate has 2 12" type r subs and i hate sitting in the back seat cause even when its on a low volume level the bass gives me a headache lol and not to mention the type r splits are pretty good for the price

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 05:46 PM
yeah the 12inch subs dont really keep up with fast bass of hardstyle and hard dance thats why i think i'll spend the extra money on very good splits and 6x9's and an amp (and headunit :P)

arverson
30-08-2007, 07:54 PM
i love my hard trance. BUBBLE FTW (its a club)

anyway i think people should be more concerned about their midbass kick/installation - instead of the size of a subwoofer - when it comes to choosing a system that 'caters' to dance music. in dance music i find the midbass is more important. any QUALITY 15" should play just as quick as 12s & 10s with the right box, tuning and installation.

consider getting a HU with TA to 'fix' the laggyness between the subwoofer & front stage. with $1000 for the HU alone you'll be able to get that. alpine or eclipse HU's come to mind with that budget. dont think they support dvd playback or dvd mp3 tho.

for the budget, id divide it up something like this:
$300-400* splits
$300-400* sub
$400 amp
then box+installation by a pro, if u need it. if youre that concerned about laggyness, id get a sealed box. but if u got a few hundred for someone to make a optimum ported box then do that.. of course the type of box will depend on the sub you end up getting.

*i know the budget for speakers, sub & amp is $1000, but u wont need to spend the full $1000 for the HU.. thats why i say 300-400

personally tho id get a HU, splits, a bulk pack of SD to increase my midbass kick/decrease rattles, and a 2 or 4chan amp. then save up and get a monobloc+sub later.. then rear speakers.

johnprocter
30-08-2007, 08:06 PM
sounds like a plan thanks

narchi
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah the 12inch subs dont really keep up with fast bass of hardstyle and hard dance thats why i think i'll spend the extra money on very good splits and 6x9's and an amp (and headunit :P)

Just to let u guys know size of the subs have a small difference in "keeping up with the bass". It all depends on the install, box design, porting vs sealed and power provided to the subs. I had 2 Kicker solo x 18s in my honda civic and sounded awesome for Drum n bass and hard tech. These subs are huge and weigh 45kgs each.

What you need to do is budget on getting a good box built by someone who knows what they are doing. Dont use prefab boxes.

a 10 inch sub will sound better than a 15 in a prefab box but i gurantee you that when it comes to custom you will love the 15.

Also remember to have power. The more the better.
The Solo x 18s are rated to 5000wrms. I had 6000wrms of power

I would recommend for a good system to your budget

JVC for dvd would be your best option for a cheaper dvd player. but honestly you will find your will hardly use the dvd feature in about 5-6 months. Get a good head unit from alpine. Remember more expensive doesnt mean better. It does have more feature but just about everyone i ask who use daily stereos dont know what time alignment is or how to use it. And all the other features u pay for with a 600-1000 head unit. Budget around a 400 headunit if you are willing to reconsider the dvd option. Means more money spent into sound :)

Audition splits. Dont go on what brand is better. It is a personal preference on splits. What sounds good to me might not sound good to you. Best advice i can give you is go into stores with some hard trance cds and listen to splits around the 300-400 budget. You will know which you prefer.

if you go with the dvd option i would get one 12inch sub and a 4 channel amp that has a bit of balls. Around the 4x75wrms would prob fit to budget. and i would recommend the Alpine type s sub for this. They are alot more efficient they the type Rs so with lesser power find a more efficient sub.

If you go the cd player option get a 2 channel around the 2x45wrms+ get one 12 and get a monoblock amp around 200wrms+. Then you could go the type R and see how much better it sounds

And rear speakers is up to u. Just get some coaxials if you want around $50-$80. This is just rear fill and dont make up much in a stereo system. Ive never run rear speakers and still taken 2nd and 1st placings in Sound quality competitions.

Sorry bout the long post but needed to make sure you understood the reasons y you should consider other options. Putting your money where it is needed is better than putting money in areas you will never use.

johnprocter
01-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Thanks man some great advice that i'll be using too :) cheers bro

TRU32U
05-09-2007, 01:45 AM
honestly what ur thinking is right on the money....
decks is the most important part, then amps speakers play a role too but not as high....
2X12s in my car now have good clean bass and keeps up when im listening to trance n all but also dussnt sound as great for rnb as my old 15....
btw u got pm

narchi
05-09-2007, 10:06 AM
honestly what ur thinking is right on the money....
decks is the most important part, then amps speakers play a role too but not as high....

What does a deck do but read a cd. Sure it can change the sound reproduction but generally most of ppl use MP3s and it sounds very average. Or they dont knwo what the features do.

a good clean amp with lots of power can make ur standard factory speakers sound 10 times better using the FACTORY deck. Decks are the least important part in a system.
If you want MP3 then you buy an MP3. If you want time alignment then you buy one that has time alignment. If you want 3 preouts u buy one with 3 preouts. But u only buy what you need. Buying the top of the range deck AINT going to make it sound better unless you know how to use the features and what the features do.
Like having 5.1 on the deck and not having a centre speaker but you just payed an extra $200 more than the one that doesnt have it.
If you want to know the truth INSTALL is the most important part of the system. then amps then speakers then deck.

A good Install can make a cheap sub sound better than an expensive sub in a sucky install. Getting stereos installed by ppl that know what they are doing is hard but if you go to a few car stereo competitions that are run by CAASQ or DB Drags you will be able to know. These are not run by stores and are independant so that will help you. Go and chat you will be able to see that they will say the same thing.

johnprocter
14-09-2007, 03:24 PM
so far this is what i have in mind and i have researched all the prices on ebay etc so the prices all include shipping

ALPINE CDA-9887 HU = $400 from US (AUS DOLLARS)
Boston Pro60 = $360 from US (AUS DOLLARS) - FRONT SPEAKRS
Infinity 7520A = $320 (AUS DOLLARS) - Front AMP
Boston G512 = $400 from US (AUS DOLLARS) - SUB
Infinity 611A = $300 from US (AUS DOLLARS) - SUB AMP
STINGER WIRING = $200
Optima D34 BATTERY = $200 from US (AUS DOLLARS) - BATTERY

$2180

any opinions?

SMEAGLE
14-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Go Solar Barics's... u will hear base from the next suburb.

narchi
14-09-2007, 05:45 PM
in my opinion u should buy from oz. the prices there arent much different and the warrantys are always sketchy from overseas. Have u listened to the bostons. Dont buy ne front speakers till uve heard them.
And i would get a DD sub. Solo baric subs arent efficient and i know u wont be happy with the Boston sub. they are like a bass adder. not bass provider. Nothing rivals DD Subs in the good sonding combination of SQ and SPL.

johnprocter
14-09-2007, 06:03 PM
yeah i have heard the front's in person and they sound banging but i havent heard the sub.. i guess i just assumed they would be just as good :P lesson learnt.. well actually there is a BIG price difference especially with the speakers i'll post the RRP in a sec but yeah like i could by two of them and still have left over money.. what does DD stand for and SQ and SPL? sorry lol new to this audio business

lol these are the splits.. http://www.ryda.com.au/product-p/pro60.htm
List Price: $1,099.00
Our Price: $989.00
You Save $110.00!
thats the price on ryda.. and they are USUALLY cheap.. (i think) so i could nearly buy 3 before i make up one from here

EuroDude
14-09-2007, 06:57 PM
I read that~

Ported sub is better for deep long RnB bass hits
Sealed sub is better for quick bass House/Breakbeat/Techno hits

For the other speakers, it doesnt really matter imo

narchi
14-09-2007, 07:07 PM
I read that~

Ported sub is better for deep long RnB bass hits
Sealed sub is better for quick bass House/Breakbeat/Techno hits

For the other speakers, it doesnt really matter imo

Not entirely true. Ported is better all round but u do need a bigger box for most ported enclosure. Sealed gives u a lot more punch and uses less space. Alot of SQ = Sound Quality cars use sealed with bulk power. It makes the bass have a bit more warmth sound opposed to ported which is a bit more boomy (wat ppl usually associate with loud) Ported is great for SPL (Sound Pressure Level) Like i said to get ported to sound good u need a big enclosure and a well tuned box. Sealed is easier and cheaper than ported.

DD stands for Digital Designs. But they are hungry subs (they like lots of power) The bostons will be very warm and will probably function best in a sealed enclosure.
Sound is very very hard to say which is better way to do things. Everything depends on the car the install and what you want out of the system.

From what u have told me what ur after i dont think the subs will be what ur after. DD in a custom ported enclosure is what u would most likely prefer.

johnprocter
14-09-2007, 07:29 PM
LOL they sound expensive ...

narchi
14-09-2007, 07:43 PM
LOL they sound expensive ...

They come come in Affordable range to Serious competitior. Their cheapest model is about 299 each. thats a DD1012
then u go up fromt there.
I had 2 1012s for my first stereo set up with 400wrms running into each sub. I pulled a 145db. Mind u i had no boot left in my Hyundai Sonata. But this was a every day music system and they sounded really good to. was with a ported enclosure to.

integrity
25-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Head unit - youll need somethign that has sub out and is of decent quality like a clarion for example (price roughly $250)

Amplifier - a 4 channel amp with at least 200w rms to power the front splits you will be installing nothign special so long as it has the power and quality of course (price roughly $150 - $200)

Splits - depending on quality, trance and dance need the crystal clear treble so go something mid range like a JBL or response setup (price roughly $250)

Sub - beats will come quick and you will need a responsive, non power hungry but decent sun to go it, a decent pioneer or jl audio should do it as its in budget (price roughly $150)

Monoblock ( a simple 200w rms mono block is fine as its only output is mono so i would even say its ok to get a boss audio (price roughly $180)

Sub box - sealed is the go for dance music as it is your preference -, boxes arent too expensive so long as you make sure its MDF and is at least 35ltr (price roughly $50)

Wiring - 8 guage should do you fine but you will need a extra few metres of power nd ground for your mono block so expect to buy a whole kit that goes for roughly 30-40 bux and extra wiring for power and ground and a extra fuse which goes for roughly 20 bux and a extra set of RCA for your monoblock to head unit (15 bux)

for roughyl 1100 bux you can have a fairly good setup, all you need is to get it fitted and a good tuner for the audio !!!

gl with the project mate!!

narchi
25-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Head unit - youll need somethign that has sub out and is of decent quality like a clarion for example (price roughly $250)

Amplifier - a 4 channel amp with at least 200w rms to power the front splits you will be installing nothign special so long as it has the power and quality of course (price roughly $150 - $200)

Splits - depending on quality, trance and dance need the crystal clear treble so go something mid range like a JBL or response setup (price roughly $250)

Sub - beats will come quick and you will need a responsive, non power hungry but decent sun to go it, a decent pioneer or jl audio should do it as its in budget (price roughly $150)

Monoblock ( a simple 200w rms mono block is fine as its only output is mono so i would even say its ok to get a boss audio (price roughly $180)

Sub box - sealed is the go for dance music as it is your preference -, boxes arent too expensive so long as you make sure its MDF and is at least 35ltr (price roughly $50)

Wiring - 8 guage should do you fine but you will need a extra few metres of power nd ground for your mono block so expect to buy a whole kit that goes for roughly 30-40 bux and extra wiring for power and ground and a extra fuse which goes for roughly 20 bux and a extra set of RCA for your monoblock to head unit (15 bux)

for roughyl 1100 bux you can have a fairly good setup, all you need is to get it fitted and a good tuner for the audio !!!

gl with the project mate!!

Clarion will let u down as their $250 head unit has only got 2 preouts. But if you dont mind using the fader to turn up and down the sub then its ok.
All music need a equal depth in the speaker. Find a speaker with better midbass as this is generally where speakers lack. Not in the tweeter department.

With amplifiers go as much power as money can buy. With the amp to run your splits make sure you dont skimp. Response amps have a slight whirring sound when there is no sound and in quiet spots in songs is audiable. Stay alpine for this as they are very good and you can get a decent amp for the money. Get a 2 channel and not a four channel as its more affordable and you can get just as much more power for less.
Dont worry on brand as you wont be able to hear the difference. Just make sure you have bang for buck. Also find a amp that bench tests the power it says. response amps are very good value for money. 800wrms for like $350 that works out to 43cents a watt. Look at monoblocks this way as opposed to brands. Cents/watt.
Sub like i said depends on enclosure. Find a sub that will best suit the enclosure u can fit in ur car. No point buying a big sub if you can only want to fit a 25ltr box in ur car. Generally on a budget with prefab boxes u cant go past alpine. Stay away from all things pioneer. Pricey for what you get. cept for splits. if u like the way they sound buy them.
And use 4awg to ur amps. U arent running rear batteries and all of it will be from the front battery. 4awg will flow much better and will prevent alot of voltage drop which means less chance to blow stuff up.

Remember guys you dont blow speakers up by giving them heaps of power. U blow speakers up because you dont have enough power.
(whys that? You want to turn ur stereo up louder. sales person told you these subs handle 300wrms. u think ok well im only providing them 200wrms. So u crank it to the max. This will push ur amp into clipping. clipping = distortion. Distortion = Speaker not flowing and producing square waves. Great for short bursts. But not for music. This will damage ur amps and ur sub. U can put to much power into a speaker aswell. This is why its best to use a good installer to tune your system)

cracker
28-09-2007, 07:25 PM
mmmmmm im guessing getting better taste in music...

leemo
29-09-2007, 11:34 PM
personally ill go with some focal or hertz
focal if you listening for quality but dont crank it that much but if u r anything like n love to rave then defo hertz

you can crank them until anything hertz mille are awesome

umm yeah coax in the back 6x9 cant take quick beats

personall i would go for 1x10inch sub tuned to a slightly high freq

and one 12inch tuned to a lower freq

thus u get the best of both worlds

most of your trance will have a slkightly high fast paced base line

but if you listen to hixxy where he also has the doof doof doof in the deep base tone like in i see the light thenthis is where the 12inch come in, it more effective as it plays the deeper note better without the poppy sound u get from 10s and for subs i would advise a jlaudio 12inch

as it gives awesome low bass tones and well 10's to honest anything as u just want to hear the bass

amps wise audison or focal for the speakers and alpine for the subs

but thats what i believe

killerlaces
24-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey. Prob too late but I put (at the time) top range polks throughout and the sound is freeken sweet. Front splits cost me a stak though at just under 1k. Ran it all through an alpine amp and have been satisfied.

Vinnie
24-11-2007, 12:51 AM
personally ill go with some focal or hertz
focal if you listening for quality but dont crank it that much but if u r anything like n love to rave then defo hertz

you can crank them until anything hertz mille are awesome

umm yeah coax in the back 6x9 cant take quick beats

personall i would go for 1x10inch sub tuned to a slightly high freq

and one 12inch tuned to a lower freq

thus u get the best of both worlds

most of your trance will have a slkightly high fast paced base line

but if you listen to hixxy where he also has the doof doof doof in the deep base tone like in i see the light thenthis is where the 12inch come in, it more effective as it plays the deeper note better without the poppy sound u get from 10s and for subs i would advise a jlaudio 12inch

as it gives awesome low bass tones and well 10's to honest anything as u just want to hear the bass

amps wise audison or focal for the speakers and alpine for the subs

but thats what i believe

or you could just get one really responsive sub like an image dynamics idq :p

Cold Fusion
12-03-2008, 06:42 PM
mmmmmm im guessing getting better taste in music...

um..excuse me? how the **** can u say u dont like his style when ur style is probably shitter, no-one asked your opinion on this so why make such a useless freaking post, and hard style is the best sytle mate, get in with it or GTFO

i had 2 12" subs with 2 mono block amps and sometimes it had trouble keeping up with the bass, so i suggest try 10's or something...

im getting a ute and i wont have room for a sub, but im after a good set of speakers and stuff coz im very much into the same genere and i want to be able to hear some bass at least heh

johnprocter
12-03-2008, 06:47 PM
i 4got to update this thread :P i got a 10" 2500watt, 900RMS sub with a monoblock amp and hardstyle sounds dope on it! thinking about getting another 10" when i get some money :D