PDA

View Full Version : Help on installing back 6x9 in CD5

zorella
30-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Help >_<

I have some new 6x9's that will be replacing my stock back speakers. As usual there are clips and such where I can't see where they are/how to unclip.

Also do I need to make a mount for the 6x9s? I see there's a metal pannel that can be taken out to fit them in, but I'm not seeing screw holes...

Car is a 1995 Accord LXI

rahul
30-08-2007, 09:49 PM
to remove the speaker grill, go underneath the parcel shelf via the boot. you'll see 3 philips head screws. undo them and the speaker grills comes out.

then its a matter of unscrewing the speakers, unclipping the speakers wires and installing your new 6X9's.

EDIT you probably have to cut off the clips from the factory wire unless you are running aftermarket wiring.

although you can fit any type of 6X9, you wont be able to screw back the speaker grill if the tweeter/mid is sticking out too much. so make sure you dont get speakers with tweeter/mid mounted high over the woofer cone.

then screw back the speaker grill

Riviera
31-08-2007, 06:16 PM
non dude

you dont have to cut the clips off you can remove that harness it unclips and releases the female terminals

rahul
01-09-2007, 02:13 PM
non dude

you dont have to cut the clips off you can remove that harness it unclips and releases the female terminals

just for removal you are right, however the aftermarket speakers do not have the matching male terminals to plug into.

either use aftermarket wiring and leave the stock one as it is or you need to cut off the plugs from the stock wire in order to solder the wire onto the aftermarket speakers

itchyrichie69
09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
i found when i did mine, as they were 3 way speakers the tweeter part stuck out too much to fit the stock covers back on , so i filed it back so the speaker would sit plush.

use the stock covers . don't have after market speakers showing it looks tacky. u can always make it fit.

JohnnyBoy
08-11-2007, 01:55 PM
i found when i did mine, as they were 3 way speakers the tweeter part stuck out too much to fit the stock covers back on , so i filed it back so the speaker would sit plush.

use the stock covers . don't have after market speakers showing it looks tacky. u can always make it fit.

i had a similar issue, with the tweeters sticking out too much, but i ended up mounting the speakers "in reverse" so to speak.

If you look at the hole in the parcel shelf, when you're inside the cabin (kneeling oh the back seats), the original speakers were bolted in in the follow order:

- Bolt
- speaker
- parcel shelf
- nut

I simply mounted the speaker underneath the parcel shelf, so that the order is:

- bolt
- parcel shelf
- speaker
- nut

This gave me enough room to mount the speaker covers on top. No filing, or altering.

I dunno if this will work for you. my speakers were some clarions.

|nick|
14-11-2007, 11:25 AM
i had a similar issue, with the tweeters sticking out too much, but i ended up mounting the speakers "in reverse" so to speak.

If you look at the hole in the parcel shelf, when you're inside the cabin (kneeling oh the back seats), the original speakers were bolted in in the follow order:

- Bolt
- speaker
- parcel shelf
- nut

I simply mounted the speaker underneath the parcel shelf, so that the order is:

- bolt
- parcel shelf
- speaker
- nut

This gave me enough room to mount the speaker covers on top. No filing, or altering.

I dunno if this will work for you. my speakers were some clarions.

yep this is exactly what i did, i also cut out a bracket from some mdf board and shoved sound deadening around it. Worked a treat :thumbsup:

good luck!

Feverpitched
24-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm also running Clarion 3 way 6x9's which foul the grill. Solution? Buy a box of small washers and make up some spacers for the grill. The result isn't all that bad, and looks fairly stock. I thought about bolting the speakers from underneath but that would have created gaps, which would destroy the sound quality. HTH.