PDA

View Full Version : Getting cables through the firewall (to engine bay)

xenonkuraz
31-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone have some advice? I'm having trouble doing it lol...

hai
31-08-2007, 11:40 AM
take a looked on under driver side and passenger side...should have this little oval things made of rubber..with a cable or two going through them...they are your pathways to getting wires through the wall.

take a look behind the battery aswell that should be where it comes out. this is on a civic though..so it might not be the same. but similar concept with the oval rubber bits.

Zdster
31-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I think you mean "firewall" but as said above there are a few plastic grommits covering access points. Cut a small slit in the grommit and run your wires through. Then just tape up the grommit so that it is sealed.

Will look something like this:
http://www.bustedjeep.com/projects/tbi/firewall.jpg

J-Rome
31-08-2007, 11:45 AM
And get either some1 with tiny hands or a coat hanger or something to help u feed it through. Can remember it being a bit of a bitch though

est1989
31-08-2007, 11:52 AM
i did it the opposite way and found that to be easier... i put mine through a hole behind the fuse box...

IZY-10
31-08-2007, 12:08 PM
just pull the rubber grommet of the firewall then feed the cable through the grommet then into the cabin. Once you have achieved that put the rubber grommet back onto the firewall by placing a bit of lubrication (i use car washing soap)