PDA

View Full Version : Apexi VAFC Vs X-Force Header

TKO
31-08-2007, 04:16 PM
What can a good tuned Apexi VAFC could do to my 94 Civic Hatch with D16Y1 engine with cat-back exhaust?

How to define or recognise a good tune with VAFC?

Please note i dont want to change car, or engine, or implement force feed. I just sincerely want to know. Is it good value to use a VAFC to increase performance by abit. For example....could it be more valuable to install X-Force 4-2-1 header than installing VAFC?

Thank you for your help.

Tap.Ris
31-08-2007, 04:21 PM
what vafc does is minor tuning of ur air fuel ratio and also u can control when ur vtec kicks in... well getting a header will definitely be more ideal than getting a vafc. If ur pocket allows, get a header then a vafc... depends on what u wan at the end of day.

blahZ
31-08-2007, 04:28 PM
don get xforce headers

wp89
31-08-2007, 04:45 PM
What can a good tuned Apexi VAFC could do to my 94 Civic Hatch with D16Y1 engine with cat-back exhaust?

How to define or recognise a good tune with VAFC?

Please note i dont want to change car, or engine, or implement force feed. I just sincerely want to know. Is it good value to use a VAFC to increase performance by abit. For example....could it be more valuable to install X-Force 4-2-1 header than installing VAFC?

Thank you for your help.

its hard to say how much gain you will get installing a VAFC but usually <10kW.

is it more valuable to install headers compared to VAFC...?

what difference does it make if your not planning to add anything else..
if its 80kw for example. why would you spend money making it 85kw if thats all its going to be in the end.. you wont feel any difference!