PDA

View Full Version : help: How to take off original headunit from EK

Astro
27-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi,

I just brought a EK VTiR hatch and want to intall a aftermarket headunit....though i dont know where to start....

and also does anyone know the wire colours (diagram)???

and last thing, what are the size speakers for the front and back as i also want to replace them too.

thanks heaps.

z3lda
27-07-2004, 12:32 PM
http://ozhonda.com/viewtopic.php?t=91&highlight=radio

luzinit
27-07-2004, 03:24 PM
ok, FRONT 6.5 splits will fit.
BACK 6x9s will fit.

now the deck, take off ur ash tray, and look up under the deck, and remove those screws connecting it to the car. now push the deck out from the back or stick ur fingers in the tape deck bit and pull it out :) then rarara. look at installdr for wiring diagrams and colours.

Astro
27-07-2004, 03:27 PM
thanks heaps guys, much appreciated...will do this soon and hope all goes well. :)

strafe
07-08-2004, 12:54 PM
If you have broadband, can download a civic service manual 96-00 off american websites. I found one that was in three parts, downloaded all parts and joined them together and it was fine. Shows wire colours, as well as order that you disassemble the dash.

Removing head unit is pretty straight forward.

Remove Glove Box

Remove Panel under steering wheel

Undo screws that hold lower centre console, and goes around gear lever and handbrake, push towards back of car

Remove panel under air con and stereo

Remove screw (possibly 2 on some models??) on the underside of head unit, unplug wiring and antenna on back of unit.

PM me if you need any more help :P

Astro
09-08-2004, 10:05 AM
i saw that website too....though when i changed my deck i didnt take off everything...

all i did was take the ash tray out and look under and saw 2 screws that was holding the original head unit...unscrew that and bam she was out.

thanks luzinit and the rest for your help. :)