PDA

View Full Version : Glue on molding

mattc
31-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Hey everyone..

i recently got a dc2...
i side wiped my fence >< and my "mold" or "flare" popped off the car..
its this piece of plastic which travels along your door then continues along the rear panel and ends at the wheel

i can slide it back in.. with the brackets.. but its not entirely secure.. so i wanted to glue it to ensure it wont fall off, coz i dont want to pay like 80 bucks for a new one..

do u guys know what glue i can use that would be "friendly" to the paint on the car? that wont "wreck" it..

thanks..

blk_shadow
31-08-2007, 11:42 PM
technically, there are no glues that won't "wreck" the paint. that's why there are clips. :)

but you can try double sided tape for temporary until you can afford a new molding, or sometimes u can buy the clips separately.

B18cEG
31-08-2007, 11:56 PM
If you can peel it back enough to get behind it all you need to do is put a strip of silican behind it and tape it on over night, but silican is not the best option but most people have silican laying around thats why i sugested it, the proper thing to use is sikaflex its black stuff, it will almost never come off, but i would suggest only using a little bit just in case you ever need to pull of the strip again.

Thanks

Bayani
01-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Double Side tape it. Really not that important; is it? ;)

shadou
01-09-2007, 01:20 AM
lol do not use sikaflex! my boss at my old work did and I just stared at him going W...T....F??? was a 2003 mercede's 4wd forgot the model.

mattc
01-09-2007, 09:04 AM
aight illl try the double sided tape...coz i have some of that..

welli think its important..coz it looks crap w/o the mold IMO hehe

thanks guys

B18cEG
01-09-2007, 10:26 AM
lol do not use sikaflex! my boss at my old work did and I just stared at him going W...T....F??? was a 2003 mercede's 4wd forgot the model.

sikaflex is what they use to put on sideskirts and bumper addons, its the proper stuff, go call a painshop!