PDA

View Full Version : K&N Panel Filter for Euro

euro77
27-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Did a search but couldn't find anyone who had purchased a K&N panel filter for his/her euro. Has anyone got it? I don't really want to use CAI at the moment due to insurance and warranty issues.

Is it worth spending how ever much it is (probably around $200). I am guessing the performance would not increase noticeably, but if it gives like extra 2-3 kw I'll probably consider.

Civic Si
27-07-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm gonna buy one for my dad's Euro later!

I'll c if there's much difference.

EuroSip
27-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I got it a few months ago after i got my euro a few months ago... does give it a tad bit of sound improvement...definitely go for it...it helps the car anyway

EuroAccord13
27-07-2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, the Euro's OEM air box is good and if you're gonna put in the panel, I suggest you remove the intake from right inside the wheelarch which also holds the massive resonator.

CHEERS
Nick

The HUGE Resonator..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Resonator.jpg

The intake sort of starts here when you remove the lower part of the OEM Intake
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/EuroAccord13/EuroAccord/Installed1.jpg

Slugoid
27-07-2004, 11:06 PM
I got the K&N panel filter for my euro as well. Performance, not much, if any. Aural? Not much, unless after 5K (in [acronym:6f999757a6="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:6f999757a6]).

EuroAccord13: is it hard to remove the intake/resonator?? Does it give better air flow when removed?

Slugoid
27-07-2004, 11:29 PM
I got the K&N panel filter for my euro as well. Improved performance? Not much, if any. Aural? Not much, unless after 5K (in [acronym:1d05d3f209="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:1d05d3f209]).

EuroAccord13: is it hard to remove the intake/resonator?? Does it give better air flow when removed?

EuroAccord13
29-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I got the K&N panel filter for my euro as well.
Improved performance? Not much, if any. Aural? Not much, unless after 5K (in
[acronym:fde45fe387="Valve Timing and lift Electronic Control"]VTEC[/acronym:fde45fe387]).

EuroAccord13: is it hard to remove the intake/resonator?? Does it give better
air flow when removed?

The resonator is abit of a pain in the Arse to remove as I had to nudge the
intake opening out slowly from a small hole behind the wheel arch, the
resonator originally sits in front of where my filter is now.

Power wise, it's negligible. There have been conflicting reports on the removal
of resonators, some cars respond better without it and some cars do not..
removing the resonators will just make the intake noise slightly louder. As for
the Euros, I am unable to say whether if it's beneficial as I do not have the
panel filter.

CHEERS
Nick