PDA

View Full Version : Motorware Intake

28RAG
27-07-2004, 07:46 PM
Ive read that the Simota ones reduce more kw than they gain, what are peoples thought on the Motorware version or is it the same thing just different sticker.

Also how does the simota ones reduce kw?

Thanks

alan
27-07-2004, 11:11 PM
u've posted this twice.....

28RAG
28-07-2004, 09:40 AM
sorry mate didnt realise

h22a accord
28-07-2004, 12:24 PM
i have never heard of Motorware intakes before. Anyway, i had simota intake on my car and whilst it felt like it did something ( more noise) i actually dont think it did and it didnt show it on a dyno.

I used the same intake on h22a i swapped into my accord and i got bored one day and put the stock prelude intake pipe on with a pod filter on the end and it performs much better performace wise.

Ask vtecinaccord, he got hold of an AEM V2 intake and used that instead of a simota.

My opinion is that the cheaper intakes are basically bling factor but the more expensive intakes actually work.

the trouble is, im yet to find an australian distributor of AEM intakes and the one i want for my car is yet to be made as they need a level of demand that warrants the R&D to produce an intake for a h22a accord.

im not sure how a simota intake reduces performance, must be something of poor design which reduces air velocity.

28RAG
28-07-2004, 07:22 PM
better to get one made at an performance shop?