PDA

View Full Version : ITR header vs Xforce header

94dc2tegz
02-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey guys,
In the market for a set of more free flowing headers
2.25" would be ideal I believe and also 4-2-1 design.
Anyways, alot of people here say things like Xforce is bang for ur buck and others say the same about the ITR header.

Question is is it worth it to to just get a 2nd hand ITR header? Since it's cheaper and if it does the same thing then y not?
Or would I benefit more from a brand new Xforce header?

Another question is which one is heavier? I think I read somewhere that the ITR is alot heavier than aftermarket ones but then again compared to Xforce (which isn't really top notch stuff) I really don't know.

Any input would be much appreciated!

kazam
03-09-2007, 09:58 AM
firstly, heres sumthing to look at.. not exactly related to your question but should help coz its a huge source of information about all kindah headers etc
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25944

cant answer about the ITR headers, coz i own a civic :) but i still hope the above link helped... also a little search wouldnt hurt yah either

destrukshn
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
dpends if it's the australia type r header
or the japanese type r header.

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Kazam,
Thanx buddy, I've read that post before and no one seems to be able to answer my question exactly. So I was just throwing it out there and see what people thought with a specific question.

destrukshn.
how about if it's a JDM 4-2-1 header? (I'm guessing they're better than AUDM ?)

Int3gra-T
03-09-2007, 10:52 AM
id go the xforce for warrenty reasons,
u dont know how many km's have been driven on the JDM ones.

teaseR
03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
JDM came out in 4-1 in the ITR so theres no such thing as 4-2-1

7h4n9
03-09-2007, 10:59 AM
how about if it's a JDM 4-2-1 header? (I'm guessing they're better than AUDM ?)

Im pretty sure that the JDM headers only come in 4-1 design.
so if your keen on only 4-2-1 then go the x-force.

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 11:10 AM
OK been going over the old stuff again (duno how many times i've read this stuff) but i guess it only makes more sense now after reading so much more than b4 when I had no clue at all.

I've concluded that xforce are better than ITR OEM ones (from what I can infer)
but not a significant or noticeable difference (i assume)
therefore going form ITR -> xforce = waste of money
but
VTiR -> xforce is :)
anyways, cutting to the chase
I've decided that 5zigen is the way to go because the middle ground is always a better place to be rather than feeling a slight gain and much regret later down the track with all these "if onlys" plaguing my mind.

Yea I know it's kinda retarded that I am answering my own question in a sense but obviously i am not the final word. I could be wrong and please feel free to correct me or even point me in a better direction for my purposes (obviously dont just go TODA FTW) but thanx for ppl who have read and replied already.

typerinside
03-09-2007, 11:11 AM
iv replace my dc2r headers to a 4-2-1 xforce, the flow was better and smooth its better than the stock dc2r headers, when u get thos standard 2nd hand stock headers u dont know how much its been used already and for sure its rusted and scratched unlike the xforce 421 brand new and as INT3GRA-T said u also get warranty

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Hey typerinside,
where did u go to install ur header?
I don't know where to find good shops.
I had spoken to the auto xcess for a coupla quotes on full xforce stuff but wen I asked about bringing my own stuff (eg i'll provivde twin loop) he got all shitty and said "honestly that pisses me off"

I was a bit taken back... is this normal or is it a W-T-F?
I think it's kinda wtf in hindsight as I'm paying u to do a job 4 me? wat does it matter where my stuff comes from? I'm still buying ur products. Anyways, share ur thoughts guys.

votek
03-09-2007, 11:31 AM
jdm 96+ spec header is 4-2-1.

EG30
03-09-2007, 12:15 PM
I did consider the same for our dc2r the 5zigen headers b4 going for the toda's. Saw the 5zigen at a shop, beautifully finished definately a few notches up from the xforce in terms of finishing. But I've been told by the shop that it hangs pretty low ( only a prob if you lower your car a lot ). At the end I went for the Toda's when they had the group buy on in July.

As for the BYO xforce, my local exhaust shop who I know quite well would have been pissed off too.......

It's not only the labour they charge you they make $ on, it's the markup they get to charge on the hardware and also the credit terms ( say 30-60days ) they receive from the maufacturer/distributer. And for the shops to sing praises about a product, margin and credit terms has a LOT to do with it. No different walking into a tyreshop asking for one particular tyre and they bag the tyre and sell you their fav brands instead.

while you can buy xforce twin loop muffler from this forum new for $200 or so their rrp is more like $300-350.

barefootbonzai
03-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Aussie spec ITR = 4-2-1 stanless steal top 2 peice, 2" collector - shit
JDM 96 spec ITR = 4-2-1 cast top 2 piece, 2.5" collector - shit
JDM 98 spec ITR = 4-1 stanless 1 piece, 2.5" collector - good shit

I'd take the 2nd hand 98 spec ITR header over the x-force if they cost the same.

ginganggooly
03-09-2007, 01:09 PM
JDM ITR headers are fkn brilliant BFYB. It was worth about atw 8kw on my car, this was with the car tuned in both cases.

Zdster
03-09-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd take the 2nd hand 98 spec ITR header over the x-force if they cost the same.

Agreed.

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 02:01 PM
I always assumed 2nd ITR header would be cheaper than a brand new xforce one? how much are these 98 spec ITR headers going for?

barefootbonzai
03-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I always assumed 2nd ITR header would be cheaper than a brand new xforce one? how much are these 98 spec ITR headers going for?

I think new they are around $800. 2nd hand and anywhere between $300 - $600 depending on seller.

I have no idea how much x-force header cost.

If you want cheap bling and some performance gains, y not buy 5zigen headers? JDMyard stock them, so you get warranty.

94dc2tegz
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I think new they are around $800. 2nd hand and anywhere between $300 - $600 depending on seller.

I have no idea how much x-force header cost.

If you want cheap bling and some performance gains, y not buy 5zigen headers? JDMyard stock them, so you get warranty.

Thats right, I am opting to go for the 5Zigen header. (did u read my previous post?) Anyways, I didn't know that the JDM 4-1's where so expensive. Xforce 4-2-1's are probably 400-500+ depending on where they come from.
Regarding to warranty, this was the only reason I was a bit iffy about buying the 5zigen from online is warranty but if it comes with warranty then yeah! sweet.

EG30
03-09-2007, 02:31 PM
or there is also the dc sports 4-1 ceramic coated headers avail from JDM yard.

ginganggooly
03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I picked up my JDM 4-1 for $250 from a forumer...
Thats is serious BFYB :)

barefootbonzai
03-09-2007, 03:06 PM
I picked up my JDM 4-1 for $250 from a forumer...
Thats is serious BFYB :)

dirty quick ahahhaha

ginganggooly
03-09-2007, 03:33 PM
dirty quick ahahhaha
it's all in the wrist mate :cool:

IEVAQ8
03-09-2007, 04:00 PM
sort of off your topic, but i have aus dc2r and have full x-force 4-1 headers , magnaflow high flow cat and x-force 2.5inch system with x-force cannon on the back.............sounds tuff................makes a reasonable gain..............and looks awesum in stainless steal...................
my exhaust place dont care if you bring in your own product for him to fit.....................
my bro has rx7 s4 turbo and we bought an exhuast system from a mate that he was more than happy to fit..........if the exhaust place is getting shitty bout you bringin in your own product its only coz he wants to make more money off you and doesnt really care bout you or your car.............
thats my view.............

typerinside
03-09-2007, 09:17 PM
the comparison is between bang for bux xforce 421 header and standard itr header, just go for xforce 421 its cheaper and of course theres better headers to xforce but ur paying more or 3 times the price, i was contented and happy bout my xfroce 421, i was going to get toda 421 but no point i dont go track or drag, i just want a header that will give my engine a proper breather,

squish85
11-01-2008, 07:31 PM
zigen headers a direct bolt on ? Do you need to have JDM catback or custom cat back as well ?

EG5
11-01-2008, 08:38 PM
zigen headers a direct bolt on ? Do you need to have JDM catback or custom cat back as well ?

5zigen b18c header needs custom cat or jdm 2.5 inch cat

vincikwan
23-04-2008, 11:56 PM
so in other words, the x-force 4-2-1 header is better than the AUDM dc2r 4-2-1 header is that right?

hui
27-04-2008, 08:29 PM
so in other words, the x-force 4-2-1 header is better than the AUDM dc2r 4-2-1 header is that right?

audm type R headers are shit, very restrictive. so the xforce will def be better. but i would get the 98spec headers over the xforce. theres more work involved fitting the 98spec headers tough as they dont bolt up to the stock cat, meaning you need a modify/change the collector flange.

vincikwan
10-05-2008, 03:58 AM
yeah, i guessed that too....might as well leave it alone or do the whole thing from headers to cat to cat back all at once FTW. LOL

94dc2tegz
28-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Best idea and what I did was buy the parts and leave it aside until I have a whole set before bolting everything on at once. Sure it's fun to bolt things on one by one and feel each step change but the exhaust works as a system and needs to be complete to really work.

I had my mugen twinloop in my garage for months b4 it was fitted and i couldn't wait till it was finally fitted but i knew there was no point till i could also source the headers and higflo cat.

in the end I actaully did decide to go for the 5zigen 4-2-1 with a xforce cat thanx 2 Fel12x. Akmotorworks was able to provide me with the 5zigen headers and bolted everything together for me and everything else inbetween (awesome bloke :) highly recommended). He also supplied me with one of his custom CAI's.

So as far as exhaust is concern I am very happy with it, the twinloop gives me near stock or very deep and low almost inaudible rumble when i'm just cruising around town. The CAI has it's own characteristics too which I know some members of OH have discovered that at a certain RPM it makes a sight sound like a really lame turbo haha. Not to mention the scream of Vtec.

Hard to pinpoint the gains of the other components too but you know it's working in your favor. All in all gain's in the acceleration and top speed dept were most welcome. This was probably mainly the header + the increase piping size. It was important for me to find a trusted brand header instead of a inferior copy or a 2nd hand stock item which would've been slightly better over my OEM VtiR but there was still room for improvement and it's still 'stock' not to mention being also quite heavy with all the heat shields and general build.

Sure you could always go Toda and Mugen etc etc etc but cost wise it just didn't justify the end result enough for those last precious additional kW's which I probably would never notice cuz i'd be too poor to afford petrol after it :P.

In summary I am happy enough with the gains provided with this set up to leave it as it is. Time to move onto other areas that are in much much need of improvement.

TBS33N
30-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I have the X-Force 4 to 1 on my integra and they have been great compared to the 4 -2 -1 that i had previously. You dont really notice any loss down low but the top end gain is awsome! Plus you get some very nice engine bling! As most already know, if you get a clean rag, put some fresh oil on, and wipe it over the headers making sure you leave no finger prints. Then turn the car on and let everything warm up, you get a nice "titanium" look on your headers! Dont get worried about the smoke either, its just the oil burning onto the headers. I have done this myself but take no responsibilty for others who want to try it. Anyway thats my 2 cents worth