PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator Response

Moya
02-09-2007, 10:16 PM
Hi,

I drove my mates 100% stock DC2R tonight , nice car. Although not as fast or as loud as mine, handled awesome and brakes were on different leagues.

Quick question though, his accelerator *felt* more responsive. As in, there was less 'play' and it really wanted to move the car the second you touched it. Why is this, and how can I do 'tighten' mine up to have a similar feel?

Final small question if I can sneak it in, what's Final Drive on DC2, and what's final drive on 01 DC2R w/ LSD. Is it 3.6 vs. 4.2?

Thanks!

T-onedc2
02-09-2007, 10:22 PM
My accelerator response has always been razor sharp, how many k's has it done and is it due for a service soon?

AFAIK AUDM final drive is 4.4, which is same as JDM 96 spec

edit: it appears AUDM is DC2R is 4.785 = JDM 98 spec

bennjamin
02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
could be alot of things....less weight in his car , smaller wheels , better cold-air-intake , lighter flywheel than your DC2 etc . A DC2R IS a much more responsive car than your DC2.
To tighten up your car - do mentioned above. remove static weight , install a lightweight flywheel , nice CAI etc etc

Moya
02-09-2007, 10:32 PM
could be alot of things....less weight in his car , smaller wheels , better cold-air-intake , lighter flywheel than your DC2 etc . A DC2R IS a much more responsive car than your DC2.
To tighten up your car - do mentioned above. remove static weight , install a lightweight flywheel , nice CAI etc etc

Sorry, I should have mentioned. My DC2 is relatively modified, spoon flywheel, exedy hd clutch, injen cai, hondata s200, 5zigen headers/twin loop and tuned. His is 100% stock.

Mine goes hard. But it was nice to drive his and see the difference.

Just to be clear, I don't mean responce as such. I mean, my pedal has a 1-2cm play in it, but his is instant and he has more feedback in the pedal. If that makes sense.

I was just curious about the accelerator response. Is it a cable or somnething that can be adjusted?

My accelerator response has always been razor sharp, how many k's has it done and is it due for a service soon?

AFAIK AUDM final drive is 4.4, which is same as JDM 96 spec

Thanks for that mate. I service it myself. Every 5K's she gets Motul and cleaned cleaned air filter etc. I know my clutch fluid and brake fluid need to be changed, and my suspension is ****ed at the moment (ITR OEM suspension + HD sway bar on it's way). Other than that, it doesn't really go to the mechanic because I do most stuff myself, or my mechanic mate helps me.

Small things, such as Mechanic tightening up the hand brake lever etc, I don't do - and it doesn't get done.

tinkerbell
02-09-2007, 10:38 PM
throttle linkage is the obvious answer...

sever_all_ties
02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Vti-r FD - 4.4 vs DC2R FD - 4.785

Moya
02-09-2007, 10:57 PM
throttle linkage is the obvious answer...

Hence why I posted this in the newbie forum.

Obvious answer being it's loose? Being it needs to be replaced? How do I tighten it up? It it known to get loose? etc

Thanks

sever_all_ties
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12765

Read through that.

tinkerbell
03-09-2007, 09:34 AM
Hence why I posted this in the newbie forum.

sorry Moya... I wasnt paying attention...

best of luck!

TECDUP
03-09-2007, 09:45 AM
could be loose throttle cable. i know mine was loose and my mech said he replaced it for me while he was installing my clutch