PDA

View Full Version : Plug & play turbo kits?

spetz
03-09-2007, 05:57 AM
Just wondering, are there any plug and play turbo kits available for any paricular hondas?
Ones where even the ECU is pretuned and the kit can be installed at home with someone with fairly good mechanical knowledge?

hinezz
03-09-2007, 07:31 AM
try this site for "plug & play" turbo kits :)
http://www.turbo-kits.com (http://www.turbo-kits.com)

IEVAQ8
03-09-2007, 08:19 AM
i doubt you will find a plug and play turbo kit with pre tuned comp.......
its almost imposible to have a pretuned turbo comp for every car, as you may know all cars a diff and responed to mods differently...........so it would be pointless to have a pre tuned comp.............
the best thing to do, is yeh buy a bolt on turbo kit and just pay for tune.........................
like the avo kit fits like a glove and if you want just get your own comp and own tuner.........
just like i am

hondavti25
03-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Elderbrock, Greddy, and it think Garret to name a few have pretuned piggy backs for STOCK engines although its recomended to have them tuned or go standalone

FastFwd
04-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Just wondering, are there any plug and play turbo kits available for any paricular hondas?
Ones where even the ECU is pretuned and the kit can be installed at home with someone with fairly good mechanical knowledge?

If u have basic knowledge about motors, u should be able to buy a turbo kit and print of a simple Turbo install Diag, get 2-3 mates over and you should have the kit installed in one day...then exhaust shop the next day and tune the following...having done that its easier said than done and there is alot more involved but if research is done it can be as simple as that.

but i think the Tune is the most important thing of the lot. if u dont have that right you could end up in all sorts of problems...i think go with after market ECU and get a proper tune.

yourfather
04-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Elderbrock, Greddy, and it think Garret to name a few have pretuned piggy backs for STOCK engines although its recomended to have them tuned or go standalone

if you're going to spout names out,

at least

1) have an idea of what the f*ck the company does
2) spell them correctly

Garrett does not have a pretuned piggy back for a stock motor - because Garrett makes Turbochargers.

FastFwd
05-09-2007, 07:32 AM
HARSH....but fair

SLOWEGG
05-09-2007, 12:46 PM

at least

2) spell them correctly

Garrett does not have a pretuned piggy back for a stock motor - because Garrett makes Turbochargers.

LOL..

AVO and GReddy comes with pretune piggybacks. But i would get a retune just to safe.

hondavti25
08-09-2007, 08:55 PM

at least

2) spell them correctly

oh i could be wrong here mate but i am fairly sure that says it comes with a piggy back ecu probably should check it out.
http://http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/images/catalog/turbokits/TK_GarrettHondaCivic.pdf

hmmm? now whos dumb?

yourfather
16-09-2007, 02:22 AM
apologies for the late delay, I got banned for over a week for insulting peons like yourself.

If you read the PDF properly, it says "turbo-link piggyback ecu".

This means a LINK ecu, not a garrett ecu.

This is not pre-tuned, like the GReddy ones are.

So would you please go f*ck yourself and die.

Oh just in case you were wondering -

http://www.linkecu.com/products/AncillaryDevices/TurboLink

So, shut the **** up and stop trying to build rep by spreading dogshit info

FastFwd
16-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Decent rage....!

1996ek1
20-09-2007, 02:12 PM
Hmmm yea... calm down, he doesn't know everything, he just trying to help Spetz out. Not everyone knows everything...

Although ill agree he should have read it first....

JasonGilholme
20-09-2007, 02:14 PM
HAHAH you called him spertz instead of spetz. lol

1996ek1
20-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Lol.... no i didnt.....

haha

hondavti25
20-09-2007, 03:27 PM
hmm sorry but ive been told by many dseries guys that that kit was plug and play why would they put a piggy back in there if it wasnt pre tuned sorta of deffeats the purpose wouldnt you think? and the Garrett site doesnt say anything about if its tuned or not so where are you getting your info, your link only stated what company its from i can show you an emanage link ? but it never says anything about being pre tuned? but its common knowledge that they can are pre tuned for many cars and engines with pre built kits.

integrity
21-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Greddy e-manage does pre tuned setups for hondas.

it requires very minor tuning if its for forced induction.

Limbo
21-09-2007, 01:56 PM
They do a pre-tune for you to be able to dirve it around. If you want good power you will need to get it fine tuned.

Shraka
21-09-2007, 03:35 PM
As has been said, I strongly advise you to get a PROPPER ECU. Forget piggybacks. Get a MoTec or Autronic or something. Because if you forget something in the turbo upgrade, or something stuffs up, you can often tune around it with a good ECU. Then you'll just have to suffer having low power for a while until you fix the problem. With a chip, it might blow your engine up.

Remember you're also probably going to need new fuel injectors and a new fuel pump too.

SLOWEGG
21-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes a proper ecu is the better option, but if you're on a budget a piggyback will work fine also.

And why will a chip blow up your engine? It just comes down to the tuning, if its tuned right it will run fine. If it's just a street car theres no need to go off spending big bucks on motec and autronic.

hondavti25
21-09-2007, 09:49 PM
theres no point on spending big buks on a Dseries unless its forged and insane

yourfather
21-09-2007, 11:08 PM
as everyone else has told you, there's a difference between being pre-tuned to get you around, and being tuned...

and as for your "there's no point spending big bucks on a d series unless its forged and insane" - you dont need big bucks to make a turbo D series.

www.homemadeturbo.com so rather than trying to be a fountain of information, actually do some work on your car.

I may not be a mechanic, but at least I can say that I do work on my car with my friends, myself.

Shraka
24-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Yes a proper ecu is the better option, but if you're on a budget a piggyback will work fine also.

And why will a chip blow up your engine? It just comes down to the tuning, if its tuned right it will run fine. If it's just a street car theres no need to go off spending big bucks on motec and autronic.

How well can a chip control timing, or over boosting?

SLOWEGG
24-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Quite good actually.