PDA

View Full Version : suspension squueeeeek

dundas
28-07-2004, 12:48 AM
finally got me car lowered.. both shocks and springs.
BUT_--- fronts a squeeky at times... whys is this so and how can i fix it?

another thing my rear is a lil retatrded.. always has been.....i wanna know why it makes a weird clunk clunk clunk nosie when i take a left corner only--- this guy said its becasue the tyre is not even.. ( i was like hmms sounds like crap) is it my bearings or is there anything wrong with my suspenion/sway or sum crap like dat

cheers
Dundas

**PIMPIN**ACCORD
28-07-2004, 11:04 AM
Yeah my accord has standard shocks and they sound like old sqeaky matresses, i went to get them tested and the 'expert technician' said that the shocks are fine....WTF is the sqeeky sound then?

ECU-MAN
28-07-2004, 11:08 AM
accords are known for noisy suspention, do a search this has been covered before.

you can lube the front suspention rubbers with bubber grease, your best taking out the rubbers from the sway bar 1st, also spray silicone lube on rubbers your cartn or dont want to remove for a temp fix. does the noise get better when the car warms up ?

andrew84tran
28-07-2004, 07:15 PM
what about replacing the bushing? at least this is what my mechanic told me.. i haven't done it yet so im not sure if it works.. does anyone have any comments on this?

ECU-MAN
28-07-2004, 09:21 PM
if they have cracks in then then replace them, if there not cracked or badly distorted then just lube em up.

andrew84tran
28-07-2004, 11:59 PM
yeah i tried lubing them up, but the squeak just comes back after awhile.. i know mine aren't cracked or distorted but maybe the problem can be permanently solved if you replace them?

h22a accord
29-07-2004, 09:21 AM
my front suspension squeaks in cold weather when i drive out my drive way of a morning. After that its fine and it doesnt do it in warm weather.

I turn up the stereo and i cant hear it lol.

dundas
29-07-2004, 02:53 PM
yeah when it warms up it goes away--

also rear left makes soft clunking noise, was told its just the wheel-- so wat is it? LOL

Spoon-Accord
30-07-2004, 10:41 PM
hey my car squeeks too brudda.. dont worry bout that..
just find ur volume button on the headunit.. and CRANK IT UP!!
hehehe

also.. check ur jack in the boot man.. cause sometimes.. its too loose.. just goes clunk clunk
thats wat happened to mine

:D

Ken

bigteethygrin
30-07-2004, 10:46 PM
maybe its similar to the preludes suspension woahs?? squeaking is likely coming from bushes.. lube lube and lube but if that donr fix it then fork out for new bushes.. the clunk clunk could be shock knock. I know the ludes came out with an issue where i think the rear bushes once it squeezes in a little too far over time causes the strut collar to expose and knock against a metal washer that is just outside the bush. There are two thoughts on the fix for that, 1st being to reduce the height of the collar and the second to change the washer to a non metal one. Anyways good luck with it hope this helps!

will_pop
31-07-2004, 02:14 AM
hi ... i got clunking sound in the front suspension..
but it goes away when brake is applied...

i got no idea what caused that .... and i asked ppl in the us forum .. they told me it's lose brake pads... i dunno if brake pads would make such noise

and when i m trying to search on the topic .. what sortta key word should i use...
like on this one ... i just don't have luck wif searching

andrew84tran
31-07-2004, 03:37 AM
hey bigteethygrin, have you actually tried replacing the bushes? did you have the same problem before..did it work?

bigteethygrin
31-07-2004, 11:15 AM
well actually.. I havent done anything yet.. i have some new shocks on order but when they arrive i will likely take a look at the collar and washer when fitting them.. I also have some adjustable sway bars on order too with bushings so will let you know about the squeaking as well.

dundas
01-08-2004, 11:41 PM
argh fk. ill just do what ken does ahahahaah
turn the volume uuuUUP