PDA

View Full Version : How to get the Accord Euro CD player/radio unit Serial Number ?

kman2k
04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Hi!

Does anyone know how to get the Serial no of the CD player/radio unit WITHOUT open centre console top panel?... :confused:

I need the serial number of the CD player/radio unit to get the security CODE from Honda .. as the CODE for my CD player/radio unit isn't on manual & not on the Honda Service system :thumbdwn:.

Honda guy told It will cost $95 :zip::o(labour to take out the CD player/radio unit ), and once he know serial n.o then he can get the CODE for FREE.

Please! Help ....

ICACHA
04-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Euro players dont have codes from memory, we pull them out for audio upgrades to do wiring and plug them back up and they work, maybe your got issues with it we havent seen?

aka_NSX
04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure Euro doesnt need code . . . anyway whats wrong with the unit before ?

thats strange Honda need the serial # of the unit coz usually Honda only need your chassis # and rego # to get the details of your car,

kman2k
05-09-2007, 02:51 AM
I did when to Honda dealer .. give them VIN, REGO & Service manual book...But on the honda system they can not find the CODE for my car radio...

I don't need the code at the moment. However I want the code incase of battery change or unplug the battery if I go to holiday.

Are you sure that Euro radio does not need the CODE ? ... I may try to unplug the battery once I got the serial number of the radio in hand.

Does any one have the radio security CODE on their EURO service booklet ??? ....

aka_NSX
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Euro hasnt got code on the radio thats why Honda hasnt got it on their data base, but please ask another euro owner just incase we are wrong

EuroDude
05-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah I am quite sure it doesnt have a code, even the manual doesnt mention a code.

The manual says that all you need to do is reset the power window auto function when you disconnect the battery.

aaronng
05-09-2007, 10:59 AM
I did when to Honda dealer .. give them VIN, REGO & Service manual book...But on the honda system they can not find the CODE for my car radio...

I don't need the code at the moment. However I want the code incase of battery change or unplug the battery if I go to holiday.

Are you sure that Euro radio does not need the CODE ? ... I may try to unplug the battery once I got the serial number of the radio in hand.

Does any one have the radio security CODE on their EURO service booklet ??? ....
There is no code. I've unplugged the battery many times for a few hours and it doesn't ask for a code. The reason is that the Euro's headunit can only be used in the Euro since it is not a standard DIN unit.

visconti
29-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Sorry bringing back old thread.

I know CL9 doesn't need radio code, does anyone know if this is same with CU2?

I didn't get the radio code from the dealer but the manual book mention to enter it if battery is disconnected.

aaronng
30-11-2011, 07:57 AM
Sorry bringing back old thread.

I know CL9 doesn't need radio code, does anyone know if this is same with CU2?

I didn't get the radio code from the dealer but the manual book mention to enter it if battery is disconnected.

Same with CU2. There is no radio code.

The CL9 also mentioned in the manual to type in the code after reconnecting the battery but there was no code.

visconti
30-11-2011, 09:20 AM
That's great.. thanks!

Lazarus
30-11-2011, 09:22 AM
Most new cars don't have codes for their radio unit as they are specifically made for that car model.

tron07
01-12-2011, 07:45 AM
my CL9 doesn not have code as well, unplug the batts all the time when I go overseas.

euromax
08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
CU2 needs the code if you disconnect the battery. Happens to mine when I took my car to the installer to put on a real gorgeous sound system upgrade. The installer called me to get the code. Fortunately I have it in my Honda pouch.

visconti
13-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I unplugged the battery on my cu2 since i was overseas for a month and now the unit asked for the code

I couldn't find it anywhere and i dont remember the salesman giving me the code.. Sighh i think i need to call the dealer

euromax
14-02-2012, 06:12 AM
It's in your log book pouch. You should have a pouch that contains the manual, log book, stereo code, salesman's business card. Pouch is false leather. I know because I had an aftermarket sound system installed and the installer had to disconnect the battery and he asked for the code. :)

visconti
14-02-2012, 04:52 PM
I looked at the pouch few times and I can find everything - manual, log book, salesman's card, etc, but not the stereo code.
I don't remember the sales guy telling me anything about stereo code either.

Drifter995
15-02-2012, 07:29 AM
If you can't find the code: Take it to the dealer and request the code.. they'll fix you up... ezpz

TurboHonda
23-01-2024, 12:59 PM
The following worked for my CU2
1. Ensure the radio turn ON
2. Simultaneously hold buttons 1 and 6
3. Copy the serial displayed on the screen.

Hi!

Does anyone know how to get the Serial no of the CD player/radio unit WITHOUT open centre console top panel?... :confused:

I need the serial number of the CD player/radio unit to get the security CODE from Honda .. as the CODE for my CD player/radio unit isn't on manual & not on the Honda Service system :thumbdwn:.

Honda guy told It will cost $95 :zip::o(labour to take out the CD player/radio unit ), and once he know serial n.o then he can get the CODE for FREE.

Please! Help ....