PDA

View Full Version : da9 stock spring rates?.+ suspension upgrade in general?

*2HOT4U*
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
Hey guys, does anyone know the stock spring rates of a Da9 Integra?

I can get custom industrial made springs reasonably cheap, and i am wondering what spring rates to run on the street, also what reccomendations for shock absorbers to run. Im thinking i'll probably double the stock spring rate with around a 2" maybe 2.5" drop front and around 3" rear.
Not after coilovers. Will be looking at changing LCA's and probably toe in etc. whilst doing it so any help/ reccomendations on parts for this would be appreciated also.

Cheers, Reece

*2HOT4U*
04-09-2007, 05:29 PM
bump.

*2HOT4U*
05-09-2007, 10:55 AM
bump.
no one knows the stock spring rates of a da9 integra?
anyone know where to find them?

*2HOT4U*
06-09-2007, 02:06 AM
bump.

*2HOT4U*
06-09-2007, 12:36 PM
No ideas?

string
07-09-2007, 12:31 AM
To be perfectly honest, you're best off measuring it yourself. The range of values out there are so great you can never know who to believe.

I've never measured myself but i'm sure that with a 30cm ruler, a few weight plates and a bit of time and you could come up with something more than accurate enough.

If you are serious about handling though, you might not want to keep the same front:rear roll stiffness ratio as stock (which from memory is just based on weight distribution). Search honda-tech.com for plenty of arguments for a heavily rear biased FWD setup. (i.e. doubling standard rates will still leave you with far more understeer than i'm assuming you want).

Also, be careful about lowering. Lowering does lots of funny things to suspension geometry, aswell as greatly reducing suspension travel. Double stock spring rates is still relatively soft, and reducing wheel travel by 2.5"-3" is going to take it's toll on standard length dampers.

*2HOT4U*
07-09-2007, 03:21 PM
thanks string, i have actually noticed that in a lot of fwd setups they have a rear biased suspension setup. I will definitely check out honda-tech.com for some details. and yes, i want to reduce understeer.
Where you mentioned standard length dampers, how much do different brands etc. vary in length and damper rates etc. to be honest i have done no homework as to the shocker side of things only the springs...:o.

I was having a good read of the thread with the whiteline rep, discussing spring rates and swaybar combinations (together with lots of other factors, toe, camber etc.) and i found that with a bigger swaybar(s) this will help reduce the spring rate needed, which will help improve traction.
Let me know if i'm steering down the wrong track but just been trying to gain some knowledge about this whole suspension bizzo in general, just learning.

Cheers, Reece

misteR_bilzz
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
off topic but is that ur da9 in ur display?

*2HOT4U*
07-09-2007, 06:33 PM
i wish. thats a jdm dc2.

*2HOT4U*
24-09-2007, 06:57 PM
bump. would still like to know da9 stock spring rates if anyone knows??

SeverAMV
24-09-2007, 07:36 PM
dont know the exact rate but they should be around 2.2kg/mm at the front and 1.6kg/mm at the rear.

FR33K
24-09-2007, 09:30 PM
i researched this when i was getting my springs rates.. i think i found the answer on g2ic.com

Jon_51
25-09-2007, 08:58 AM
I thought they were 10kg front and 5kg rear.
but that's from the top of my head, I could be wrong.

*2HOT4U*
25-09-2007, 11:44 PM
found it on g2ic.com, was 263 lb/in F, 143 lb/in R . How is that calculated in kg/mm? or can someone please tell me what it is. Cheers

Mr_will
26-09-2007, 12:05 AM
I thought they were 10kg front and 5kg rear.
but that's from the top of my head, I could be wrong.

LOL. no those are very stiff rates, definately not.

converting to kg/mm is pretty easy, look up a unit converter online, you dont need us to do it for you

SeverAMV
26-09-2007, 03:11 PM
found it on g2ic.com, was 263 lb/in F, 143 lb/in R . How is that calculated in kg/mm? or can someone please tell me what it is. Cheers

o_0, isnt that like 5kg/mm at the front and 3kg/mm at the rear? that seems a little too stiff to be factory rates. thats like stiffer than half the aftermarket springs.

string
26-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Yeah I thought it was a little less than that, close to the 4/3 mark, but remember that they are progressive front and rear from the factory.

Many aftermarket springs just simply aren't stiff. You just can't have super stiff springs and a super comfortable ride, which is a bit compromise in the mass market of coilovers.

SeverAMV
26-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Yeah I thought it was a little less than that, close to the 4/3 mark, but remember that they are progressive front and rear from the factory.

Many aftermarket springs just simply aren't stiff. You just can't have super stiff springs and a super comfortable ride, which is a bit compromise in the mass market of coilovers.

haha, 5kg/mm is slightly stiffer than tein springs, which is pretty darn stiff.

string
26-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Yes so? A stock DA9 spring might not reach 5kg/mm until it has nearly binded. And sorry, 5kg/mm on a honda double wishbone is NOT stiff.