PDA

View Full Version : reverse camera

geekmonkey
04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey guys...this is my first time post.....
Just bought a new euro tourer, its a fantastic car to drive....
Been lookin on this forum, but theres no relevant information.....
I really want to install a reverse camera and possible to have DVD player on my euro....some guy in the dealer said it will cost 1500.....
Does anyone know where to go and how much roughly it will cost?

EuroDude
04-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Honda dealers charge a fortune for accessories, you can save over 50% of the cost if you source the items yourself.

You can get reverse camera's on eBay for around $100, if you cant install it yourself, you can get an auto electrician to install it for about 2hours labour. I got mine from eBay for $60 (non camera, beeps instead) and installed it myself, and saved like $400

As for the DVD player, rather than getting it on eBay, you can get decent ones with local warranty from JB Hifi. Again, you can get an Auto electrician to install it for about 2 hours labour.

johnprocter
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
i think he means like he wants to play DVD's from the sat nav screen am i right?

geekmonkey
05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
i think he means like he wants to play DVD's from the sat nav screen am i right?

Yeah thats right

sambiki
14-09-2007, 03:49 PM
hi geekmonkey, try this links below for the converter. if you done yours, please let me know, as i'm also looking one. ;()
http://www.carconverters.com.au/products/Signal_Converter/233.html
you can call this guy name nam for the installer also.
http://www.carconverters.com.au/distributor/national/nsw.html

sprmboi
16-09-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah thats right

Can u actually watch DVD from the NAV screen?

sambiki
18-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Can u actually watch DVD from the NAV screen?

yeh, that's what their said to me. what you need is converter, please check the link in previous post.

accordoholic
26-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I may be able to refer you to one that supply and does these installs.

PM me if you want contact details.

tim-e
26-09-2007, 05:53 PM
What I'd like is to not be tied to the Honda navigation system - while it works really well I'd like the screen fonts and map rendering to be a little nicer looking. It's like buying a fully blown Core 2 Duo system, then putting Windows 3.11 on it.

mattyl
06-02-2014, 02:17 PM
07 accord euro tourer

Is there a way to buy a wireless reversing camera and have the image come up on the sat nav screen when you enter reverse??

jeffro101270
04-03-2015, 08:37 AM
07 accord euro tourer

Is there a way to buy a wireless reversing camera and have the image come up on the sat nav screen when you enter reverse??

I would also like to know this?????

I have a 08 gen 7 Accord Euro Navi & would like to get a reverse camera installed so it comes up on the screen already installed. Anyone know if this is possible & if so how much $$$$ I would be looking at? I see no one responded to this back in 2014 so hoping someone can help out....fingers crossed.
Cheers