PDA

View Full Version : DC2 VTiR Suspension upgrade advice

Shraka
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm considering upgrading the DC2s suspension soon, as the warranty will be expiring (if it isn't already, I'll have to check the expirey date on it). So, should I go DC2 Type R springs and Dampers? Or after market damper spring combo? If after market, what brand is going to give me decent value for money?

I'm after a bit lower to get my center of gravity down (And to top the car looking like a Tonka truck) and stiffen the ride up just a touch (not much, as I already find it a bit uncomfortable for long drives).

Suggestions / Advice?

Chuckz
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
go for dc2r's suspension

T-onedc2
04-09-2007, 08:23 PM
go for dc2r's suspension
As above for sure, I've done it and highly recommend it :thumbsup:

As for ride comfort on long trips you will find that it's the thicker rear sway bar that really makes the car feel especially stiff on bumpy roads. I noticed this after having installed the DC2R suspension, as I didn't have all sway bar parts ready yet, and a couple months later fitted it, this clearly showed me the difference each part made.

Spunkymonkey
04-09-2007, 09:19 PM
type r rear swaybar or thicker rear swaybar...is a big improvement factor for handling for the vtir. As for bumpiness I have my damper setting hard, I didn't really notice any increase due to the swaybar, as I had this put on in a combo with the new sussy.

Since you don't want anything too much harder, agree with the others, get dc2r sussy then.

DCB18
05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
i have just ordered koni adjustable dampers and lowered king springs for my vtir.
the plan is to keep the ride comfortable but still sporty and bring the height down.
i was considering both coilovers and dc2r sussy but the coilovers from japan will be too firm for the roads i drive on, and the dc2r sussy can be risky, in that the shocks and springs can be damaged if the previous car was in an accident. for both coilovers and type r gear, you will need type r lcas.

i talked to a honda workshop foreman about this and he recommended aftermarket products, like koni, that give you some adjustability (either height or damping)

for 4 adjustable konis, 4 king springs, fittment and wheel allignment im looking at about $1600.
not cheap, but the ride should be much better, and im getting brand new products. if you sourced them yourself it would probly be cheaper.
i will post with updates when i get my sussy installed.

hope this helps.

Spunkymonkey
05-09-2007, 11:02 PM
you don't require dc2r lcas if your getting coilovers for the vtir (only if your fitting suspension parts designed for type r) ...its just that the sussy built for type r including coilovers are sometimes easier to source, hence why a lot of us, have gotten type r lcas to fit coilovers built for the type r.

Shraka
06-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Why do you need Type R LCAs? Mounting points? Or so that the camber works out right?

DCB18
06-09-2007, 03:43 PM
you don't require dc2r lcas if your getting coilovers for the vtir (only if your fitting suspension parts designed for type r) ...its just that the sussy built for type r including coilovers are sometimes easier to source, hence why a lot of us, have gotten type r lcas to fit coilovers built for the type r.

^^ what he said.
if you can get parts for the vtir it saves some hassle.

T-onedc2
06-09-2007, 06:59 PM
^^^ he is a she^^^

as already said, a basic rule is if you want Japanese brand coilovers it will be extremely difficult to find anything to suit VTi-R (JDM SiR).

Shraka
06-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Well that's okay 'cuz I'm not after coilovers. :D