PDA

View Full Version : 05 deck install

gaycivic
04-09-2007, 06:03 PM
ok i searched how to do it and the search wont let me cuz ive newly signed up and i was just wondering how the eff do u take out the centre consol in my 05 civic Gen 7 GLi. it just seems like its really hard to budge.need help asap!!!!!:wave::eek::honda::thumbsup::cool:

ps its an auto. all i need is the 1st step to takin the plastics out and i can get started on doin the deck!

|N|
04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
www.installdoctor.com

Riced_Civic
04-09-2007, 06:29 PM
easy i used a flat head screw driver to pry it out and it sliped out with a little force.

and the 7th gen civic isnt gay, it may be slow but its has a nice shape for a show car

gaycivic
04-09-2007, 06:53 PM
its jus for my mate. jus g'ing him up. so did u just pop the centre console out or did u actually take out all the stuff under it like the ciggy thingy and ash tray?

Riced_Civic
04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
just took out the old face. didnt need to remove anything else
it should just slide out when it comes loose

D4rk4n63l
06-09-2007, 07:48 AM
its jus for my mate. jus g'ing him up. so did u just pop the centre console out or did u actually take out all the stuff under it like the ciggy thingy and ash tray?

Yes, if it has the OEM deck, chances are that the bracket bolts are still there... to take the panel out, you will need to undo the screw behind the ashtray and take that panel out first... then you need to take out 2 bolts that hold the stereo bracket.. after that you can push the bracket out from inside and pop the panel out without using any screwdriver to pry out the plastic panel.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marc2020
06-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I used this to help me replace my head unit. Once you put an aftermarket one in it becomes easy to remove as you can slide the new one out more easily.

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/110-audio/211259-diy-head-unit-install-version-2-a.html