PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen vti-r vs 5th gen si

iLlusion10
04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
hey i was looking around for a first car, with a budget of around $11k-12k, i was looking at the 5th gen vti-r manual but i can't seem to find any under my budget .
So instead i was looking at the 4th gen vti-r vs 5th gen si, also the fact they both have ABS as well. How do they compare in terms of safety, performance, ride comfort, and also fuel consumption? thanks, also how much would i be looking to pay, i can't seem to find many 5th gen si manuals as well..is there any sources apart from carsales i should look at?

ALSO i'll be leaving it generall stock for a while..just to avoid problems with police...as i'm only going to be on my Ps

paylo
04-09-2007, 11:31 PM
4th gen ownz... if ur gonna leave it stock, u should get a h22a man. plus it'll be cheaper, i'm sure u can pick a vtir for around 7-9k...

paylo
04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
i just realised, if ur in sydney, kiss is sellin his cheap as chips.. have a look in the fs thread

theseven
05-09-2007, 07:22 AM
i think it's sold already right?!?

personally i'd go 4th gen vtir although don't like the shape that much but v-tec yo... ahahaha no v-tec = no honda :P

ilude_94
09-09-2007, 07:01 PM
yeah mate i'd recommend the 4th gen vtir. i used to have one, and id choose one over a 5th gen si any day. the shape is better and so is the interior. and with your budget you can be a bit more fussy and find a really nice one with low km's.

good luck with the searching, hope you find a good one. be patient and dont buy the first one you see.