PDA

View Full Version : Questions about boosting my B.

G3RA1D
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm looking at purchasing vtc-80y's turbo kit he was using on his D16.
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72715
Going to run it on my b16. I'm aware that i'll have to change the manifold and have it tuned for the B.

Will be running it on stock internals with low boost.
Not after ridiculous amounts of power. It's my daily, so just wanting a bit more out of my ride. =)

I'll be happy to get it round the 140-150kw marK.?
Want the boost to kick in round 3-3.5K & not run out off puff too early.

well here's my Qs:
- will i be able to achieve this goal with the TD04-15g turbo.?
- Keep the E-manage or change to something else.?
- Best place for a custom mani.?
Not many mani out on the market for the b16 with a t25 flange. I've only found the HKS one so far. Custom might be the way to go.

Can the turbo gurus help me out.

Thanx :)

superR
04-09-2007, 10:06 PM
best place for a custom manifold is most probably hypertune.... and or look to the states for a decent manifold.
The TD40H-15G is probably a little bit too small to achieve 140kw to 150kw at a resonably low boost level , however it will be at full boost early in the rev range. I think you would bemuch more happy with a GT28RS. resonable sized turbo, and in conjunction with a .64 exhaust housing it will come on boost early.
I'd say get rid of the E-Manage and find your self eith a hondata or a power FC.

james

Benson
04-09-2007, 10:36 PM
I got a JDM b16a with a turbo kit that acheives what you want. Save you the time and trouble. PM if your interested.

G3RA1D
05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
best place for a custom manifold is most probably hypertune.... and or look to the states for a decent manifold.
The TD40H-15G is probably a little bit too small to achieve 140kw to 150kw at a resonably low boost level , however it will be at full boost early in the rev range. I think you would bemuch more happy with a GT28RS. resonable sized turbo, and in conjunction with a .64 exhaust housing it will come on boost early.
I'd say get rid of the E-Manage and find your self eith a hondata or a power FC.
james

Cheers for the input.
This will be my first time owning a FI car. So i don't mind starting off on the slow side. lol
don't wanna throw myself too deep into it straight away, atleast this way it'll allow me to get a better understanding of what's involved.

Will it be big enough to put a smile on my face.? :)
noticeable difference going from a stock b.?

Once i start to crave for more power i can upgrade the turbo and ECU.
I know that u can get a gt28rs with a t25 flange, just gotta confirm if the td04h-15g uses the same one.

Shraka
05-09-2007, 02:46 PM
I've heard good things about MoTec ECUs, and if your in Melbourne I know a place that tunes Autronic. MoTec comes with traction control too.

WPN.22R
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Hey Gerald, see me for Hondata:p

And Bensons set up is:thumbsup:

-Elee

G3RA1D
05-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Hey Gerald, see me for Hondata:p

And Bensons set up is:thumbsup:

-Elee

PM sent

michael_antoi
05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
If you’re going to install MoTec or Autronic make sure you ONLY use a Authorized dealer, their are to many back yard internet kiddies who call them selves professionals trying to fob off that they are MoTec and Autronic dealers installers and tuners. Buyer BEWARE unauthorized people will stuff the job up and rip you off!!

For a list of all MoTec Dealers click here
http://www.motec.com.au/dealers.htm

For a list of all Autronic dealers click here
http://www.autronic.com/page_files/dealer_list.htm

Don’t get ripped off by those who lie saying they are something they are not ! only use a Authorized Dealer when dealing with something as important as your ECU.

Shraka
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I've run a Dyno day at Beninca (http://www.beninca.com.au/), and had a car checked out there etc. Good guys, seem to really know their stuff, good to work with.

They tune Autronic. Have an Autronic Dyno, and are licensed dealers.

defect
05-09-2007, 04:14 PM
if your in sydney, i know someone who makes life-time warranty custom manifolds and any metal fabrication work?

send me a pm if your interested.

G3RA1D
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
if your in sydney, i know someone who makes life-time warranty custom manifolds and any metal fabrication work?

send me a pm if your interested.

yeah i'm in SYd.
PM sent.

HYPTUP
05-09-2007, 08:11 PM
I got a JDM b16a with a turbo kit that acheives what you want. Save you the time and trouble. PM if your interested.

Im interested , PM me the details on what you have and price please.

Tryed to send youa PM but your inbox is full lol

Cheers