PDA

View Full Version : prop valve

Rice_4_life
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
decided to get off my lazy ass and fix my slight mc leak and prop valve leak, no idea how to fix my prop never done one but I'm pretty sure it's straight forward. Question is I'm running eg6 front calipers and breeze drums at the rear, could I just order a 2nd hand eg6 prop valve without compromising rear braking efficiency?? cheers all

teh_mechanic
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
i think prop valves for front disc and rear drum systems work different because im pretty sure some pressure is held in the rear lines for the drum brakes but not for the front discs....therefore this wouldnt happen if you used an eg6 prop valve.......i vaguely remember hearing this.....anyone confirm or deny?

Rice_4_life
05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
... had a feeling it would be a pain in the ass to try replace. oh well seems like this gives me no choice but to fit my rear disc set up :'( unless anyone can say otherwise

SLOWEGG
05-09-2007, 10:19 PM
You can just replace it with another prop valve from any drum EG. Since you want to run rear disc, try and find an si or vti prop valve as the ratio is different.

Rice_4_life
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
si came with both f&r discs, but I see where you're coming from, I'll try another breeze prop valve and see if that works.